Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 28th, 2004, 06:54 AM

Holly is bleeding and diarrheoa...

Okay I know before you all jump on me I'm trying to get her to the vet but basically I have been told at two vets my regular one and another recommended that they have no appointments until this evening!!!! But I'm panicked now!!!

Holly has the diarrheoa I've had to wash her 6 times since this morning as she is covered in it... she hasn't eaten since Saturday evening and though she is drinking...

While I was washing off the... em.. poo I noticed that she was red and bloody on her private area... its slightly swollen near the bottom of it (nearest her bum) and shiny - like blister shiny...

she is very tender here and won't let me have a proper look at it... I've checked her bum which doesn't look red at all or sore in any way and besides all of this she seems pretty perky...(thats why the vet doesn't consider her an emergency!)

I'm at the brink of a nervous breakdown as I sit worrying about her and counting down the hours until 7pm... is there anyone out there who has experienced anything like this before or can give me some advice.... I'm going to keep calling through all the vets in the phone book to see if I can get an earlier appointment somewhere else but if anyone can help me in the meantime I would more than appreciate it...
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Mizzy,I cannot help you,but wish all the best for you and Holly,maybe in cases like Holly's you should just bring her to the vet,not bother with an appointment,it is an emergency after all. Good Luck and I hope pretty Holly will be ok. Let us know the outcome,please.
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:16 AM

Ditto! Just show up and tell them you are worried. If I had an app't at the vet and someone like you came in, I would let them take my app't, no problem. Please go, I would be worried too!! Let us know what happens.

Heather
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:53 AM

You're right I'm going!
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Let us know the outcome! I hope she's OK.
Old June 28th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Absolutely, just go..... and let us know!!

hugs
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:58 AM

Holly had eaten part of a dead bird which caused her stomach to get upset the bleeding from her privates is from dragging herself along the ground to try get the poo off her bum! well thats what they think it is....

She is on a strict diet of brown rice and chicken in the tiniest of portions and 2ml of kaogel per day and loads and loads of TLC...

I woke up this morning and now she has a limp! I swear I only go away for 1 week a year and always the week before I go my dogs come down with every disease possible! If she isn't better by tomorrow I'm giving my ticket to my sister. My poor Hol is more important than the sun but seriously having my suspicions that she is doing this as a ploy to get me to stay!
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Mizzy,I hope everything will be ok with Holly..
You are right about things going hairy when a vacation is coming up,all "heck" usually breaks loose.
We cannot even start packing,or bring the suitcases up,the cats become these creatures from outer space They know something is up and then my son comes to stay with them and they really know....oh boy,talk about cling-ons.They always make me feel bad about leaving,but 3 cats in a hotel and in the car is not a good thing!!!
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:51 AM

I know what you mean I'm packing and as I put things into the suitcase they are being removed by one or other of the dogs and being chewed to near death... or they think I need a good game of chasing when they grab my favourite pair of shoes between them and run around the garden with them and me trailing behind!!!

I've lost two pairs of flip flops, a pair of shorts and the handle of my straw bag already and I only started packing an hour ago!
Old June 30th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Brown rice may irritate the GI tract consider white rice

Bad girlie eating birds!! (but did it taste good at the time...like buffet Chinese food great until u get home and then feel ohhh so fulllll haha)