Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Remembering Lukka

I'm still praying for a miracle, as I know you are too. Be strong
Old December 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriann27 View Post
Thank you Lukka'sma! Thank you everyone! What you said does help! At least if we let him go, I like to think he'll be able to run and play and be a normal puppy.
And that you did everything to help him ! I'm still hoping but just know that , if you do have to say goodbye , he will leave knowing for his short life , he was loved , very much , by people that did everything to cure him.

Get better Horton
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM

I am so sorry Adriann and Judd... My heart breaks for you and little Horton. One thing is for sure- he was sure blessed to have you both as his guardians, the amount of love he has had and the dedication you both have is something truely special. I will have you all in our hopes and prayers, and hope you find peace in your decisions.

*Fingers and Paws still crossed for a miracle for little Horton*
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, Adriann Life can be so hard sometimes. :sad:

You and Judd have given Horton so much of yourselves...he's part of you now, as you are part of him. No one could have done more for him or given him a better chance. No one could love him more than you do. You and Judd are his angels.

Make your decision from your heart and find peace with it. You're in our thoughts and prayers, as is little Horton.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM

Old December 29th, 2008, 10:32 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I am so sorry.:sad:

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 29th, 2008, 11:10 PM
NOT a senior member

I have been watching your threads the last couple days, and your heartbreaking story has brought tears to my eyes as well. I can understand your sorrow and frustration firsthand, as I lost a seven month old puppy not too long ago from an illness that he never recovered from. In my case though, I never had to make the choice you may....he died in my arms while transfering him from my vet to the emergency clinic. I also can empathize with the bond that you share, even though he has not been in your life that long. I have had dogs my entire life....yet the one that passed recently was special in ways I don't understand. His death still affects me and I have a hard time with it sometimes.

You have done a miraculous job in caring for this beautiful puppy. If his life is destined to be a short one, he was lucky that it was spent with the love and care you provided. Horton is truly blessed to have you.

My loyal menagerie... (all neutered, spayed, and gelded...and YOU aren't safe either!)

Ruben (Bullmastiff)
Emmy (Miniature Pinscher)
Petie (Miniature Pinscher)
Shadow (Miniature Pinscher)
Zoe (APBT)
Tito (Paint Gelding)
Francesca (Miniature Horse Filly)
Vincenzo (APHA gelding)

Lots of fishies......
Old December 29th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Senior Contributor

purpledomo, you have said it all, I can't imagine having a puppy in my life for short a time, but little Horton sounds like he has had the best in his possible short life. We are still praying for a miracle, yes?
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm still praying for the miracle. An otherwise healthy puppy with such loving owners. How can you NOT want the happy ending? I think that all of us check this thread hoping for some good news about Baby Horton. And also, whatever news you have for us--good or bad--we all want you to know that you're in our thoughts and prayers and we're always here.
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:54 AM

I second what Joesmama just said. I am checking here constantly and hoping and praying for a miracle. Again, how very lucky Horton is that he came to you, Adriann, and Judd. He has known nothing but love in his short time with you. Take care.

Pat
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Adriann and Judd,I am so very sorry,I don't really know what to say and I am not often at a loss for words
I agree you cannot keep this little baby suffering,like Lukkas Mom says,I am sure big fluffy Lukka will be waiting for him
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Horton

I stayed up with Horton and we layed on the couch and watch the late show and the late movie. He came around about 4am this morning. I feed him (ALOT) and gave him his meds and he went to sleep and so did I.

This morning he was still just pitiful, so I called the vet. We decided to try and change his meds, take him off the Diazepam completely, and up the Pheno to 1/2 tablet every twelve hours. We aren't sure if this behavior is nessecarily from the drugs, or if it is neurological.

The problems is he may start to sieze again. But, right now he is playing and up. Really wobbly but up.
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

from our home to yours Adriann.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted.
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Remembering Lukka

I really, really hope the Pheno will do the job.
I am thinking of you and Horton all the time, this must be about the 5th time I have checked this thread this morning for updates.
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:48 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriann27 View Post
I stayed up with Horton and we layed on the couch and watch the late show and the late movie. He came around about 4am this morning. I feed him (ALOT) and gave him his meds and he went to sleep and so did I.

This morning he was still just pitiful, so I called the vet. We decided to try and change his meds, take him off the Diazepam completely, and up the Pheno to 1/2 tablet every twelve hours. We aren't sure if this behavior is nessecarily from the drugs, or if it is neurological.

The problems is he may start to sieze again. But, right now he is playing and up. Really wobbly but up.
Kudos to you and Judd Adriann for not letting little Horton go without a fight. Lots of 's for the little guy.
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:51 AM

Adriann even though I haven't commented, I have been following this thread and want to add my for little Horton. Having had 2 kids with seizures I know how you're feeling. My boys were on phenobarb and have since outgrown the seizures so hopefully Horton will be able to pull thru this. THANK YOU for not giving up on him and giving him the best possible chance at a normal life.
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
-

Adriann, you and Judd have had so many ups and downs with little Horton and as others have said he couldn't have found better parents than you.

I'm still hoping for a miracle.
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW,I was thinking too,you cannot really judge how little Horton is,if he's all drugged up,he would certainly not be himself,even if he wanted too.
You know we all want this little guy to make it
One day at a time,or one hour at a time
Old December 30th, 2008, 01:55 PM

It is truly at times like this we know we are true pet lovers when we are sitting here with tears streaming down our faces and the stomach muscles constrict. Will keep checking for good news now that the Diazepam has been eliminated. Take care Adriann.

Pat
Old December 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM

My goodness, although I am a new member on this forum, I want to express my gratitude to Adrian and her family for the care, love, and committment to Horton. I have been following the reports from another forum, and my prayers go out to this family. My tears and prayers added to the others hopefully will be heard.

take care
binky, Nikki and Koko
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM
NOT a senior member

Just checking in. I am crossing my fingers and toes hoping that the Pheno dose will make a difference. We are all rooting for you little man.

My loyal menagerie... (all neutered, spayed, and gelded...and YOU aren't safe either!)

Ruben (Bullmastiff)
Emmy (Miniature Pinscher)
Petie (Miniature Pinscher)
Shadow (Miniature Pinscher)
Zoe (APBT)
Tito (Paint Gelding)
Francesca (Miniature Horse Filly)
Vincenzo (APHA gelding)

Lots of fishies......
Old December 30th, 2008, 03:39 PM

Binkybuff is a good friend and pet owner/lover from a very small closed seniors board we belong to. I know some there do not understand our commitment and love to our cats and dogs. I have been keeping them updated on Horton's condition, and have found some like Binky who are such pet lovers. Take care.

Pat
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:17 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

that the med change does the trick, Adriann!

Can you please give sweet little Horton a nose kissie for ol' hazel?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Goldengal,yes,it's strange how we somehow feel the pain although we've not even met,I've sat here at the PC on several occasions just crying my heart out for animals I don't even know.
Little Horton is such a tiny baby,it's just not fair he should suffer seizures,but he certainly drew the longest stick in Adriann and Judd and their total devotion to this beautiful little pup.
I wish I had a magic wand to make him the healthy little puppy he should be
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I just don't know what to say. Sending some and some that Horton will be able to be a puppy as he should be.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 30th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Senior Contributor

's for Horton, Adrian and Judd

With good wishes flowing all round I hope his little body finds it's way and things start looking up

and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM

Hopeful Update

Horton has had a pretty good day. He is sleeping more than I would like and very wobbly but, has been up and playing. Chewed the feet off of his poor teddy bear!

No seizures, we are very thankful of that....right now Daddy's cooking hamburgers and that definetly has his attentions!!!!

Thank you to everyone...your kindness has helped me more than I could ever express...at times when I feel like I haven't done enought and times when I feel there is nothing else I can do.

THANKS! I'll try to send some more pictures soon!
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Adriann Horton couldn't have landed with better puppy parents. He might be getting used to the drugs. He might be better off for the time being continuing to take both meds. I know he's lethargic and woozy but it's buying his little body time to build up some strength and hopefully outgrow the seizures. and from my home to yours.
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM

Now that is excellent news!!!! Horton is probably wobbly because of all the drugs in his little body....each day seizure free is a step in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with hamburger, if that's what he wants!

I pray that Horton gives you the best New Years Eve ever!!!

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old December 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM
-

Good luck with the new meds ! This has to work out !