Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Closed Thread

Old March 25th, 2008, 12:17 PM

You still have not answered, did you, or did you not call the RCMP or police? You would not be in this predicament if you had. You are adamant that you did all the right things but no-one was giving you the right answers. Why do you think this is the fault of the people who did not have information for you? Nothing in life is easy, when you want something badly enough, you do what you have to. Now you are trying to fix something after the fact. Life does not always give you a second chance, you admit you already had to retrieve him another time.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

And mmonroe you didn't answer my question, what makes you think the rcmp could do anything. I watched two rcmp officers a year ago watch a gay gentleman get the crap kicked out of him by 4 guys. The rcmp officers answer as to why they didn't help was " it's not our jurisdiction" So please do tell me what makes you think they'd help now.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:26 PM

there are people here that have a very personal interest in my actions I do believe that aslan and they won't tell you why...i believe the new keepers are or have been here and are still insensative to my dilemma....I believe it wouldn't matter to them if Brew had been stolen at this point...That makes me very sad because I wouldn't want my children residing with unethical people nor would I want Brew there....they still refuse to even talk to me in any way shape or form...what does that tell you....most people in this forum are animal lovers and put the animal first but their actions say otherwise...by avoiding me and possibly visiting here and assuming i'm nothing but an irresponsible pet owner they can relax at night and not feel guilty....

well good luck to you because i'm not irresponsible and i'm not a bad pet owner...Brew is not fearful, uncared for or unloved....it is not a relief that he is now lost to me and i'm not giving up...he is fully immunized and kennel cough has been given to him this year already so don't do it again...his vet is Brandon Animal Clinic and there's already a note on his file that he's missing...where he is is unknown to me....his environment is unknown to me....yes to them i'm an unkown also but i'm inviting them to find out...i'm not hiding...
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
hmmm and you were misinformed. Sorry just playing devils advocate.
Was that referring to me? If so, yes I was misinformed, blatantly, but the township defended their office by referring me back to my real estate lawyer and it was ultimately my responsibility to ensure all was in order (I am an average person, what the world did I know about lands and severances). So there are many more details, but it is off topic. I sucked it up and learned from that experience.

I don't understand the devils advocate remark, though?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Well kelly your not alone in thinking the people who have brew are or have been on this site. I also think they have friends on here to try and deter you.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
-

Sorry love4 just pointing out the govt, etc aren't always responsible for their actions, or forthcoming in giving out accurate info.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
MrThomas, I have to seriously think how to say this to you.... Yes animal shelters,etc are wonderful things. Other than serious illness or extreme age I DO NOT agree with any organization putting a healthy animal to sleep. As this site has shown there may be a shortage of foster families, but someone always comes through, or the money comes somehow. Shelters are not flawless and there are people who work in them that are how shall I say unethical. I years ago watched a humane society worker pick my neighbours pup up, within half an hour the owners arrived home, were informed and immediately called the humane society,and continued to call every half hour for 3 weeks, hmmm the puppy never appeared. I had gotten the truck number and an investigation was done. It doesn't always matter if the dog is chipped ( hmmm sable is) nor if they're tagged. If someone wants to keep the dog they will. You can not say 100% that this dog was even put in with the regular pick ups. I too would never have in a short period of time thought to contact other cities or towns. Sorry for the length of this but i'm tired of the jump on the band wagon to stomp on kelly and protecting the ever so flawless pound.
not connected to the pound i'm just an old guy whose been around a while. the furry friends group posts all pound animals on the net on ther website. i dont think the pound is flawless but i do not think flawed in this case. the article was in our paper today and it says the dog was in the pound from the 11th to the 27th so it sounds like there was 16 days there.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:39 PM

Still have not answered the question. And yes Aslan, I do believe the police or RCMP would have given better direction. I am sorry you were witness to this offense, but that is not the reality of our society, if you believe this, I feel for you.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:40 PM
banned user

I think it would be very sad indeed if the family who have Brew are coming to this site.
There is a private message that can be sent to Kelly without anyone having access to it. If this is what is happening, they must feel they need to hide and not discuss Brew with Kelly. I agree that talking is the first step to resolving this issue.
Again, no one is a winner or looser in this...only Brew
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM

In 16 days, no-one in your family could drive the 40 minutes it takes to get to brandon, and check for yourselves if the dog was at the pound???????
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:43 PM
-

Kinda hard when she didn't know that brandon had the dog in the first place. Hmmmm i noticed you still didn't answer me.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM

I AM SHOCKED, I thought this was a matter of 3-5 days. No excuse, sorry, and you can go on and on about no-one giving you information, every dog owner knows, to find a dog you must physically look in all pounds and shelters. They do not know who your dog is you admit he had no identification..
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM
-

. Don't feel for me, i do believe that the police wouldn't have been any help. I live in the real world, as unfortunate and sad as it is. Humanity isn't as loving and caring as we'd like to believe.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly27 View Post
the world does not revolve around Brandon....tell you what call goldent acres kennel they're the pound for Cornwallis county located in Brandon I think....ask them who the pound is for Carberry....they'll tell you they don't know...unless they've been to this site by now that is....because that's what they told me...if all you're doing is questioning my accountability then you may as well leave because that can not be debated....in fact if you're just sitting here calling me a liar without checking first then you are making yourself look foolish....good luck with that
todays paper article on brew states a LOT of surrounding areas have their impound facilities in brandon. brandon is the nearest major city kelly and you are only a half hour away. it would make sense to check the nearest city this is not a surrounding town. also being curios and a bored old man i called three vet clinics in brandon and asked where to go for a lost pet in carberry and they all gave me numbers for the brandon pound, the humane society and furry friends.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Doggie Wench

mmonroe, please read the entire thread to avoid asking some questions already asked and answered.

mrthomas, I'm sure every vet, pound, shelter, city hall etc in your area is up-to-date on found dog policies by now. Had this unfortunate incident not occurred and brought to light, I'm wondering if this would be the case.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:53 PM

Yes I did answer you, I do think the police or RCMP would help. I also don't think it is appropriate to get down on the RCMP over your claim that you witnessed and assault, very VERY serious accusations you are making about our law enforcement, I think you should leave out of this.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
-

Sorry if truth and honesty upsets you.
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM
-

OH and sorry i responded before i saw your answer to my question.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM

Still, no-where does it say on this thread if she called the authorities, the night this happened. Leads me to believe complacency was the problem.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM

The truth prevails!

Well I had to come back to post after reading the article in the paper and this thing has gone way out of control. Eleven pages - crazy!

A few points. The dog went missing in -50 windchill weather and the owners left the dog hoping someone had picked him up? Insane. The owners did not consider the injury the dog could have faced and I agree did nothing to prevent this from happening when it is CLEARLY posted that the dog gets away on numerous occassions. No identification, out in freezing temperatures AND there was the risk of being hit by a car or otherwise injured.

Okay so the dog lived apparently and was at the pound according to an article in the paper for 16 days. During this time he was posted on the website of a rescue which services brandon and surrounding communities. A rescue, which I might had, had a fundraiser in Carberry last summer so I am sure locals know about it.

Sure, some dogs are escape artists and I don't think there is any cause to blame anyone for that. The blame lies in the lack of action taken by the owners when the dog went missing more than once. If your dog had a tendency to take off - would you let your children put him out????

Finally, before I go, I must say that the keeper of the pound mentioned in the newspaper that he kept the dog long beyond the required time and would have given him back to the owners had they paid up the pound fees and additional costs he incurred had they just called. He says that Brandon has been the pound for Carberry for 20 years and it also states in the paper that the Carberry AC says that the information was available at the town office.

Hmmmm - sorry Kelly, facts speak for themselves. Play dumb all you want but in the end, the dog is not lost - he is adopted out.

For those posting about closing this thread, you probably should since this thread is for lost dogs and not found and rehomed animals who have been legally, legitimately adopted after spending 2.5 weeks in the pound.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
Still, no-where does it say on this thread if she called the authorities, the night this happened. Leads me to believe complacency was the problem.
i agree. the rcmp in the area does deal with found animals and would have helped. you cant say they would not have helped.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:11 PM

I have no personal vendetta's or interest in this particular case, and surely would not have considered my posts as defensive.

If anything I would have thought people would consider them more of an attack (interesting!).

I do NOT personally know the adopters, but I am an adopter myself and I know that if my dogs previous owners came to me (weeks/months later) with your story, I would not even consider returning him. The two main reasons being that A) You did not do ENOUGH to find the animal, and I know I would, and B) The law is clear as to whose animal it is.

This was in response to an earlier post by Aslan directed to me.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
hey there Himmies yes i did state that in six years I had never had a problem with Brew's whereabouts and never gotten a complaint...badly stated on my part...if I was trying to hide the previous issue I would never have brought it up in this forum...the difference with that episode was that a family here in Carberry had decided to keep him and removed his collar and tags hoping no one would claim him...even though contact info was on his tags....we found them a week later walking him....it was their decision not to call us...and in essence was stolen so I tend to think about it in different lights sometimes...not trying to hide the truth...
I didn't accuse you of trying to hide anything, but just wondering why the misinformation.

Also, I highlighted where you stated the family that found him a year ago, did not contact you, but tried to steal him, but previously (see below in your quote) you state the tags were not updated and they could not contact you. It is not stealing if you can't find the owners.

Quote:
I figured because of the cold a family had taken him in. It had happened in the past that a family would decide to take him in even going so far as to remove his collar and try and adopt him on sight. It took a week but we retrived him thanking the family for their concern for him. They only lived two blocks away. We happened across him when they attempted to walk him. ...Not their fault I hadn't updated his ID tags to reflect his new phone number. I promptly did this on his return. ... We decided he must be in some good somaritan's care again. One week passed and my son's tears sent me searching every chance i could. I'd asked many residents in Carberry if they had an animal shelter in the town and was told no. Not a big surprise, not a big town. Two weeks passed and still no Brew.
Kelly

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
-

MrThomas I can state what my beliefs are. I did not say they wouldn't i said i don't believe they would. There is a difference.

Travis usually when someone is being defensive they are aggressive.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;568713]MrThomas I can state what my beliefs are. I did not say they wouldn't i said i don't believe they would. There is a difference.[QUOTE]

hey free speech is what it is. everyone here has an opinon you and me and everyone. some state theres and others attak theres. no need to attack just say what you think and agree or disagree. some people i think are agressive defending both sides.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
MrThomas I can state what my beliefs are. I did not say they wouldn't i said i don't believe they would. There is a difference.

Travis usually when someone is being defensive they are aggressive.
Or... just annoyed with the blatant disregard for facts, common sense, and the law?

I could go back and re-read my posts to confirm/dispute, but if I was defensive, I was probably feeling that way due to trying to defend the following to the horde:

1) Common Sense
2) The Law
3) Animal Shelters
4) SEE #1

-Travis
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
-

MrThomas well said so we will agree to disagree.

Travis= thats the whole point you don't have to defend yourself. I am neither lacking common sense,knowledge of the law or how shelters run. But I also don't look at life completely black and white, sometimes there has to be grey areas.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Sorry love4 just pointing out the govt, etc aren't always responsible for their actions, or forthcoming in giving out accurate info.
I don't think the Gov't ever takes responsibility for the incorrect info that they give out. Even if it is in writing, because then they just say the person who signed the letter did not have the authority to do so. I have run into that in my past experiences too.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old March 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
-

haven't we all.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Travis= thats the whole point you don't have to defend yourself. I am neither lacking common sense,knowledge of the law or how shelters run. But I also don't look at life completely black and white, sometimes there has to be grey areas.
to avoid confusion this is about the dog impound not about a rescue/shelter although i know the rescues in the area know lots about the pound dogs. the ones in our area are mighty fine.
Closed Thread