Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old July 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM
SashaCanadian

SashaCanadian

SashaCanadian is my user name. I chose it to honour our late, wonderful calico cat, Sasha AKA Sasha the Queen Calico. She was an abandoned very young cat who found me, presented pregnant, had five wonderful babies whom we placed into good homes. Sasha lived her life with us as our Queen for 11 years, ruling the Palace with very gentle paws.. Sasha passed away on August 29th 2005 and is greatly missed.

January 14th 2006, Norman (the King) adopted us. He is a wonderful bengal tabby who was up for adoption as his family were relocating and could not take him. He is purr~fect, the most well-behaved cat whom you can trust with your finest furniture. No scratching, ever. Wow! Norman is very affectionate and also regal. Since he inherited Sasha's Palace, he became Norman the King:king: We love him silly.

August 1st 2006, Felix the Prince joined the Palace. He is a Maine Coon cat -- utterly cool -- and as his Paw-Paw calls him "lover boy" as he must be with his KatMa (me) all the time. He is still very kittenish because, well, he is just a big kitten. I can't imagine life without cats to love.

We decided Norman's birthday is May 8th (he & his Paw-Paw share a birthday) so this year he turned 10. Since we had to wait a month before we got Felix we made his birthday July 1st, Canada Day which is exactly one month before the day he came home to the Palace (August 1st 2006).

The Paw-Paw of the Palace was at one time deathly afraid of cats. Sasha changed that...and Paw-Paw is now an ardent cat lover, totally smitten. I always had cats and each one of my darlings lives in my heart, never forgotten, always adored and missed. I also had dogs and love dogs too as well as all animals (perhaps with the exception of a whole bunch of humans -- those who harm wee kitties & puppies!).

Our boys, Norman the King and his baby brother, Felix the Prince "channel" to me, their KatMa secretary so from time to time, they will channel to me to talk to the pet lovers and their precious pets.

Sasha, the Queen Calico:

Norman, the King

Felix, the Prince

Last edited by SashaCanadian; July 5th, 2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the Forum!!
Sorry about Sasha,she was a beautiful Queen.:sad:
Love Maine Coons and your Bengal kittie.
I feel exactly like you do,the only animal I hate at times are humans.
My hubby used to feel the same about cats a loong time ago,but I think he now talks more to the cats(3)than me,he says he does not love them....sure!!!
Once you get close to one cat,you cannot help but loving him/her.
Old July 5th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Working GSD Lover

Welcome to the forum
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the forum, SashaCanadian!

I love your kitties And it's easy to see that Sasha was a Queen

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."