Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old April 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Roxy is only gonna get dry food-only licks juice from the wet...

Okay i am gonna give her til this weekend,then it is gonna be dry food only,she now only will eat the wet food when it is a brand new can,well i cant afford to open a can and throw the rest away every day,and even then sometimes she will only lick the juice off of it and not eat the meat part of it,i am gonna see if pet store has pouches of solid gold wet,for like one time servings,if that does not work,she is cut off,but i know i will feel bad,so is it ok to only feed dry food??I always felt a life of only dry would suck!!!!!!
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:21 PM
-

the little girl is getting picky I only feed kibble to Monsieur le chat but I mixt it with warm water and he likes it.
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Half Way To Crazy

When I had my cats they only had dry, only once in a while they got a treat of moist or just the juce of tuna that we opened. all was good every now and then I would change the dry to a different dry, they seemed to like it.
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Senior Contributor

I have done all that,i have tested out all the good foods they have at the pet store here,and Solid Gold is the one she prefers,escpecially the dry,so i am sticking with that,and yep she is getting super finicky,but she does not have a rich mom and dad so if they do not have one time pouches,thats it,and we are probably at fault cause we give her tuna and turkey and such when we have it,also she will eat wet when i sit on the floor w/her and put it on my finger,but not 100% of the time,and icant keep doing that,she always loves the SG wet food,but i have come to realize once that can is refrigarated thats it,roxy will only eat it fresh,cats,god love em.And i had to add that even my buddies Bob and Momma will not eat the Innova Evo,to funny,they are getting picky to,but again my fault,cause i started giving them wet to,but they will eat any dry food i put out there but not touch the Innova.
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Half Way To Crazy

BTW how is everything else going??
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

All 4 of my cats are just like that. They get Orijen dry, but the wet stuff, they'll only eat fancy feast or friskies....not the best stuff in the world so they don't get much of it....expensive little cans that stuff. If they don't eat it, it goes outside and the racoons get it. Amazing how picky cats can be.

Cindy
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:33 PM
-

When my cats were young they wouldn't touch any wet food. They didn't start until they were about 2 and 3 years old. They still will not eat any "cuts & gravy style" (thank god) and will only eat Fancy Feast, Friskies and President's Choice.
Old April 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Well besides that i have a new thread i need to start because she was sooo badddd last night...So i have a few questions.,