Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet

Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:26 PM

Places in New Brunswick?

Does anyone know any places in New Brunswick that has raw meat for good prices? I went around all of Moncton (where I currently reside) today and couldn't find anything for that good of a deal. The best I could find was 1.59/1lbs of chicken. That was a special which was pretty good, only on legs and the thigh attached. Other than that, my bf and I were finding most prices were $3.99/1lb and up D:

My dog already eats way better than me, I don't want to end up spending more on him than I do mine and my bf's meals, ha.

Anyone know of any places?

I checked out all the local markets that I could find on google maps. No place that I know of even sells the frozen raw patties. Pet stores here only seem to sell holistic stuff or crap, that's it.

Thanks
Old February 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM

I don't feed raw exclusively, but I know someone that does and they tell me a good place is the Old Time Meat Market in Riverview off Pine Glen Rd. They also have a location in the North End of Moncton although I can't confirm if they have the same selection.

If you can find a place that sells large quantities in bulk frozen it saves a lot of money provided you have the freezer space for it.