Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old February 7th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

A Dog Rescue, But likely gained an Angel

Today I stopped at a store near our home to find a sweet dog whom I am going to call Angel. She looked like she was a retriever cross. I say she and I honestly don’t even know. She was in the poorest of conditions that I have seen in a very long time. She STOLE MY HEART.

Another person had brought a leash over as she was wondering around and almost got hit by a car. She was the most docile dog I cant believe it. Someomes pet, someone who either abandoned her or she has spent a very long time outside. She absolutely smelled horrible, with an open wound or hot spot that was horrible looking. Her coat was matted and she was quite old. She had the typical aged golden face that was so beautiful. She looked like she could barely see.

Her ears were horrible, her nails had not been cut in a very long time. OMG I could go on and on it was so terribly sad. She had a couple of growths on her head that looked like horns almost….

She layed down while I called Animal Services and explained the situation. I waited for them to come an pick her up. She just wanted head pats and a teeny bit of love. She struggled to eat any treats or drink any water.

I cant tell you how much it hurt to see how poorly she was kept. I get so angry that people can let their beloved pets get so bad. She is most definitely a senior dog and has lived in the elements for sure but what a beautiful temperament.

We had to lift her into the Animal Cotrol Van but she didn’t mind or react. She was such an as I called her an Angel. The fella that took her said she will be likely going to the vet before she goes anywhere. I don’t expect the outcome to be very good. You could tell that she was pretty rough.

I will be remembering her as Angel regardless of her fate today but know that I will want to see that sweet precious pup again at the Rainbow Bridge. She deserves that much…

Oh was she ever sweet….

I also hope whom ever owned Angel never has the opportunity to do this again but sadly it happens everyday!

I hate some people
Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old February 7th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Senior Contributor

How sad I hope she will find someone that likes older dogs . Her owner could had dies and the family didn't want her and just left to fend for herself.
Old February 7th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I am praying that the vet sees what I saw and maybe she will steal a little piece of her heart too! But sadly I understand she was in need of some vet help Her poor old bones...
I hope her previous owners rot in %$#@
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old February 7th, 2016, 06:48 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Will they keep you updated on the outcome?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 7th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

No unfortunately they wont. Its run by the City. I would only see her if there was a hope to be put up for adoption. Sadly I dont think that will be the case.

She looked to be at least 12yrs and up. Most senior dogs get over looked too.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old February 7th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Senior Contributor

We had a real neat Animal control officer , she would drive around the city looking for lost or abandoned pets . She found 2 older dogs dumped off at a gas station and she brought them back to the shelter , I met the dogs and they were really sweetheart and good friends. I was but I already had a dog and couldn't take them. The ACO didn't want to separate the dogs and she found someone that would take them both .
Some people will adopt old dogs but sadly shelters don't keep them long enough for this to happen.
Old February 8th, 2016, 02:40 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Well bless you for stepping in and getting her help. Too bad they don't have a number you can call for updates if you bring in a stray... I hope she's able to be put up for adoption but at least now she's not going to suffer needlessly anymore and is in good hands.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 8th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thanks Hazel but I would have preferred to have not had this happen to her or him at all......I was thinking of her today with a bit of a sad heart....she was so docile and sweet.....Anyways, I have to stay positive and know she was in good hands....
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown