Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pet product reviews - dog products

Old March 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Recommendations for window cat perches

I'm looking for a good window sil perch for Clancy, for his catroom. The window is 5 feet up. I bought this one:

But it doesn't look like it will be as stable as it does in the picture. His cat tree doesn't go up high enough, and any of the other cat trees are too much money and/or too unstable. Anyone have a particular ledge or perch they like?
Old March 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Senior Contributor

My nephew and his fiance has one simular to that. And it actually holds both their cats. Can clancey not jump from the cat tree to the window sil? That what my guys do.

I love this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1512.jpg (48.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5658.jpg (54.1 KB, 48 views)
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:59 PM

OOh, I like that one!

Yes, Clancy can jump onto it; it's just that it this plastic floppy thing. (I haven't put it up yet).
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Senior Contributor

The Catnapper Window Hammock is a good one. Here is Aztec enjoying his:

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:14 AM
~Cat Servent~

We don't have the money for those fancy petstore type ones, so I went to the home depot and bought three of their put it together yourself wooden shelves... they come unfinished, so I stained them, and installed them right under the window sill. They are very sturdy, which was a concern for Buddy as he's a big boy, and the cats love them, I imagine I could add something fuzzy on top of them to make it more of a napping spot, but they work perfect for bird watching and all the cats use them. They were $6 each.

Now that I see the one mona_b posted though...I have a new project for me and my dad to work on!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
The Catnapper Window Hammock is a good one. Here is Aztec enjoying his:

I've read about that one--it comes up alot on the net. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
We don't have the money for those fancy petstore type ones, so I went to the home depot and bought three of their put it together yourself wooden shelves... they come unfinished, so I stained them, and installed them right under the window sill. They are very sturdy, which was a concern for Buddy as he's a big boy, and the cats love them, I imagine I could add something fuzzy on top of them to make it more of a napping spot, but they work perfect for bird watching and all the cats use them. They were $6 each.

Now that I see the one mona_b posted though...I have a new project for me and my dad to work on!

I was at Home depot the other day, and was thinking the same thing. I must say I am caught up in the lambs wool snuggly aspect of the more expensive ones though!
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi

You could go to a building center,,,buy a piece of lumber 8 ft X 10" wide and 2 brackets to go underneath. You could even get them to cut it to the length you want. I used them for my cat walks up in their room. You could go to walmart and buy a piece of faux sheep shin to cover it.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Hi

You could go to a building center,,,buy a piece of lumber 8 ft X 10" wide and 2 brackets to go underneath. You could even get them to cut it to the length you want. I used them for my cat walks up in their room. You could go to walmart and buy a piece of faux sheep shin to cover it.
good idea--thanks