Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old March 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM

What about this rescue?

Wondering if I can ask this here:

Is http://www.inspecteurcanin.net a legit rescue? They have all kinds of dogs for adoption and some are puppies but rescues do have puppies from unwanted litters. Are their dogs breeding or being rescued?

I wrote them an E-mail asking if sterilisation cost is included in their adoption fee but haven't received an answer.

Chis@
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:39 PM
chronically insane.

I looked into it and it does not appear to be a reputable place.. but for the record I don't speak French nor am I from Canada.

http://www.rushprnews.com/2009/04/27...pecteur-canin/

http://www.rushprnews.com/2009/04/09...nin-dog-pound/

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ani...e-gas-chamber/

I can't be of much more help otherwise, sorry. It appears to be a typical "pound" but from what I can gather from searching online and not being a native French speaker, the place looks questionable. I'd google search more information yourself about the place, because I'm sure you will understand more of what is going on then I will.

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old March 13th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Inspectuer Canine is a municipal pound that GASSES the dogs and the cats in their pound. Not many make it out alive.
They also have a petstore......
I know this place only too well sadly. If you get a dog from there, they do not sterilize nor vaccinate if from their pound. I don't know about their damn petstore.
If you buy a dog from there you are DEFINATELY saving a life from the pound section. Please do not buy from their petstore because they support breeders that are not within the CKC..
I cannot get into details at this time...
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Senior Contributor

By the way..the little pittie X that you see in this photo made it out alive..infact I fostered her.. Her name is Courtney. She was saved by a fabulous rescue. An amazing girl who did not deserve to be killed in this fashion...infact none of them did nor do.
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:24 AM

Pound AND petstore?! That's a big conflict of interests imo.
Old March 14th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisapic View Post
Pound AND petstore?! That's a big conflict of interests imo.
Indeed but the government and Anima Quebec do not seem terribly disturbed by this. Infact, their municipality AUTHORIZES them to hand out breeding licenses. Now what do you think they are 'stocking' their stores with? Puppies..from where? The breeders that have been given licenses.??
That place is the saddest facility I have ever had the misfortunate to go into. If you do get a dog or cat from there....you are most definately saving a life.
If you go, you will not see the basement where all the stray or dumped dogs and cats are. They are surrounded by freezers..you could hear a pin drop going down there..and it is full. I still have very bad memories and sleepless nights.
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Senior Contributor

I guess adopting from their pound would be a good thing if it's going to save a life. How depressing.
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
I guess adopting from their pound would be a good thing if it's going to save a life. How depressing.
You know Dog Dancer..this is a catch 22. On one hand you do not want to support such a horrible place..but I have to tell you that those animals deserve an out. All that were pulled had extrodinary temperments. They were incredible.

This pound refuses to deal with rescues. They rather kill than let rescues or SPCAs go in and remove. They serve around 30 municipalities however some have opted out due to the bad publicity. This place is the closest thing to H*ll on earth.
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Senior Contributor

So I gathered BM, hence why I had to censor my feelings about it. It stands to reason though that the dogs should come out of there asap if at all possible. Sad stuff.
Old March 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
So I gathered BM, hence why I had to censor my feelings about it. It stands to reason though that the dogs should come out of there asap if at all possible. Sad stuff.
Dog Dancer, I whole heartedly appreciate you acknowledging this thread. If people in other provinces think that they are immune to this..think again...it is nationwide.
People should educate themselves on the pounds that serve their municipalities..ask questions..and do something to stop pounds like this to exist. Our tax dollars are going into 'businesses' like this..and we let them.
Old March 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG BenMax...why aren't places like this shut down