Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
banned user

I also had Carly's email address so I sent her a note...someone must
be getting those messages...maybe even Carly....I did say about the
ears so I hope they won't be too disappointed if it's not him.

Know what that is like!

My fingers and toes are crossed for Spencer!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM

HI everybody!

I just looked on the website, unfortunatley that is not Spencer. You were right on..the ears are too short and didn't hang the same way and his face was a bit different too. The colouring of the nose and eyes were exact though. My parents and brothers said no too...I have to triple check with everyone every time I see a dog on a website lol.

Thank you thank you for all your concern! It's so great to know that other people are looking out too. (Especially after recieving a couple prank calls this week about rewards and peopel vandelizing my posters).

My mom told me she recieved a message on the anewering machine. I thought it was someone from the Hamilton SPCA because I did e-mail them too, but I guess it was you shirley. THANK you so much for calling

I'm actually leaving tomorrow, but I am bring my computer. I'm hoping I'll find places with internet access.

Thanks again everyone!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
-

The ears do look shorter, could that not be because of the haircut the little guy has, which would make his face look a little different? Hopefully Carly by the time you are back from your trip, little Spencer will be waiting for you.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM

Urg. I'm guessing again. I probably shoudl know my own dog, but I was so despearate before I went after every single one..now, I just don't know.
I'm leaving in an hour for the airport so I can't drive to Hamilton. (I don't think it's him though).

I just emailed the Hamilton SPCA adoption center and sent them numerous pictures of Spencer and very distinct characteristics (eg. he is deaf, he has no bottom front teeth). If they think Dou Dou is Spencer, I will get my brother who is staying home to go and check.

I also posted the dog's picture on my facebook group..I'll get more opinions fro my friends and family and people who have seen him in person. My parents and younger brother already said no though. (So did I at first, but now that I look again and cover the ears, he does look a lot like him.) If he does have those other characteristics, my brother will go down there.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:05 PM

I'm still in Italy. I have played with 1000 dogs and named them all Spencer lol. No word from the humane society that I emailed though..but it's not spencer..everyone who has seen him in person confimed it..I didn't think it was though.

There are so many stray dogs in Italy..it's really really sad. I saw one today that looked sooo hot and he was finding shade and he was limping. i saw another one in Pompei who only had three legs. The people say they just wander everywhere..there are strays everywehre in everytown we go to. It's just a "normal' thing here.

I have Spencer's stuffed koala with me for good luck. ..and i'm putting up more posters when I get home.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM
-

Angry

Hi Carly, we are all still keeping our eyes on all the sites. The little guy in Hamilton is no longer showing. Did you ever go back to that house with the 70's furniture? The dogs in Italy are somewhat luckier than the ones in China, I read that they systematically go around poisoning the strays because there are so many. Ugh! Hope the rest of your vacation goes good.
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM

hey Chico
Actually no, I never went back to the house with the 70s furniture. RIght after I went to that house I started getting the e-mails from that guy in "England".I was busy trying to figure out if he was lying or not..I did a stupid thing and put a lot of attention into that. I know he doesn't have him now..he stopped answering..he kept it up for a good 2 months.

When I get home, like I said, Im going to put up more posters....and ya,I'm going to go back around that house.

And that's horrible about the dogs in China. so sad.
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:05 AM
-

Hi Carly, I was on the Barrie ospca site and today they are showing a Bichon, I don't think that it is Spencer, but maybe you want to check it out.
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM

Thanks Chris

ANd thank you everybody who is keeping an eye out on all the websites.

That wan't spencer. THey neutured that dog after they found him...we neutured Spencer 9 years ago. :sad:

He's gotta turn up somewhere. I don't like knowing that they will be euthanized after five days...I'm scared I'm going to miss him somewhere...I also don't like being away from my phone and the e-mail that I gave all the animal shelters. (it wont work on the computer here for some reason) I'll be home in a week though...and continue my search.

For now, I'll just keep looking at the sites.

Thanks again!
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:59 PM
banned user

There is a new post on Pet Harbor at the Toronto North Shelter...Male
Bichon White...No picture Age. 12??

You never know! Will keep watch for the picture!
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Let's keep our fingers crossed
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Senior Contributor

for Carly and Spencer!
There seems to be sooo many Bichons around,on the route I walk Bailey,there are 5 houses with Bichons...
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:08 PM

I went down to where that 12 year old Bichon is...it wasn't Spencer. He is really cute though...somebody Please take your dog home!

and you're right..there seems to be Bichon's EVERYWHERE...everywhere I look there is another Bichon..I have to turn my car around all the time to make sure it isn't Spencer.
It is kind of like some horror movie and there are hundreds of Spencer's in hundreds of fun house mirrors ..and everytiime I go to reach for him..hem disapears or changes and it isn't him
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Carly,the thing is also,if people find a lost Bichon,they are more likely to keep it,than a larger dog,without letting any authority know.
A friend of mine found a Shizu(sp)a few years back,he was dirty and skinny and against my advice she kept him.
She thought in the shape he was in,he must have been neglected.
Old July 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM

yeah, I definetly know that someone has decided to keep him (even though he had just been groomed and he had a tag and collar).
I still check the websites though because I hear stories of dogs who had been stolen and then they escape from that house...or maybe when the people find out he is deaf they will abandon him and someone will find him and give him to a shelter or something...you never know?
Old July 17th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Of course Carly,I did not mean to be discouraging,sorry
Don't give up on little Spencer,the more vets that know of him the better.
I am sure there are not that many elderly deaf Bichons out there,if someone has him,they will eventually bring him to a vet.
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Carly... Don't get discouraged. People keep telling me that someone probably has Billie and is keeping her because she's small, trained and a nice dog...just like Spencer but I'm NOT giving up. It's hard to think that people would keep something that isn't theirs...especially a pet but there are all kinds of people out there. I hope that people come to their senses or in my case get fed up by Billie's barking and return OUR DOGS!!!
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM

No don't be sorry, Chico. I wasn't discouraged by that. The fact that someone has him and is keeping him is just a reality we knew many months ago. And no, I won't give up..not for a longgg time anways. haha. I'll make everybody sick of me untl they just hand him back

Yeah SIL, just like you are hoping they will get fed up with Billies barking, I'm hoping they will get fed up with Spencer peeing all over their floor. He is house trained..but he gets reallllly nervous all the time. If you walk up behind him and tap him on the head..he just pees. If you leave him alone and walk out the front door(even if you just took him out 2 seconds ago)..he will pee. If he is looking out the window and sees someone he doesn't know...well, he pees then too.

haha..he isn't bad. I think it was just because he got old and the deafness doesn't help. Either way...someone has to get tired of it.
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM

Carly...did you see the picture of the neutered male white poodle toy/bichon frises at the animal services east? Just thought I'd point it out, if you're like me though, you probably check those sites hourly
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM

Thanks for pointing that out SIL,

Actually I noticed him yesterday..he is keeping my family on our toes

Honestly, I think there is a chance this one could be spencer (a very slimmm chance though) lol..but his nose colouring on the top is the same, his eyes are the same, the length of his nose is the same, and his age..so i called the shelter where he is and they said that dog also has a breeder's tatoo i nside his right ear..just like spencer.

however, he is over an hour away from where we live...and my parents are doubtful it is him..but I want to see for sure because he really looks like him. Anyways, my mom called back and asked if the dog has bottom teeth missing liek spencer..if he does, we will go look. The lady said she was going to call back but she didn't. We are calling tomorrow
Old July 19th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Senior Contributor

I so hope this is Spencer...
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:44 PM

Carly...I'm hoping that it is Spencer I found that the people at the 'east' animal shelter are a bit slower at posting pictures and answering calls so keep hounding them to get your answer.
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Good luck, carlyg, hope it is Spencer.
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM

no, it wasn't Spencer.

We called them a bunch of times then finally the lady went to check. She said that dog was not missing any teeth..Spencer is missing most of his bottom teeth. I wish I still had the number on his tatoo..that would make things a whole lot easier. We lost that sheet of paper when we moved though :sad:
Old July 20th, 2007, 02:11 PM
banned user

Aww Carly, I was so hoping that was Spencer! The rollercoaster of
ups and downs is just awful, I know how you must be feeling.
Don't give up...and I know how easy it would be to that but we have
to find our missing furbabies.
Old July 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Carly...I was hoping for a happy ending to at least one 'missing dog' post :sad: We'll just have to keep looking....until something good happens
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:29 PM

Carley ..... Could you contact Spencer's breeder to get the tatoo number? Also, if he is registered, CKC would have the tatoo number as well. Hope you soon find your fur baby. Take care.

Pat
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengal View Post
Carley ..... Could you contact Spencer's breeder to get the tatoo number? Also, if he is registered, CKC would have the tatoo number as well. Hope you soon find your fur baby. Take care.

Pat
Great suggestions goldengal

Carly does your vet have the tattoo # on file (even if they did not do the tattooing themselves)?

Wish you all the luck to find your furbaby.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:33 PM
-

The breeder or CKC would have the tattoo number or else the vet that did it would have a record also. Good luck....I hope you are reunited with Spencer soon.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 02:50 PM

Carly...another male bichon frise at the east animal shelter.... GOOD LUCK!!!