Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM

Unhappy Missing Bichon Woodbridge

Hello Everybody,
Last month, on March 18th 2007, my dog was stolen. Well..he was most likely stolen or somebody found him and did not realize that he was my family's dog.
Spencer is a small white Bichon Frise. He is mostly DEAF. He is an eight year old neutered male. He has curly fur when it is long and the rims around his eyes are mostly pink. He has a fading blue breeder's tatoo on the inside of his ear. He has a long nose (some people think he is a poodle). He was last seen wearing a blue collar with a picture of yellow bones. A blue vaccination tag was attatched. He went missing from National Estates in Woodbridge Ontario.
If you know where Spencer is could you please contact me.
Carly Guglielmin
(905) 851-1418
email: carlyg@yorku.ca
There will be a $$ reward and No questions asked.
If you want you can take him to Northview Pet Hospital on Weston Road and Langstaff in Woodbridge
Attached Images

Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi, I work in that area, I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for him.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:46 PM

Thanks

Thanks a lot. I know he isn't wandering around as it has been a month. He doesnt seem to be at a shelter within 2 hour drive. Somebody has had to have picked him up.
I dont know how I'm going to find him. I keep putting up postesr but nobody sees them. I guess the more people who know about him the more chances are somebody will give him up. THe lady at the shelter said "make him too hot a topic to keep"..I thought that was a good idea.
Thanks again
Old April 24th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Senior Contributor

I really hope you are reunited with him, but could he have been hurt? Crossed a busy street?
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Senior Contributor

contack the media and good luck fingers crossed
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM

yea we had that thought too. We thought for sure he could have been hurt. We contacted all the vets and animal control though. He also had a tag..so if somebody hit him they would have brought him somewhere and htey would have contacted us. Even if he died and he had to be picked up by whoever picks up dogs from the road..Spencer had a tag to a vet..wouldn't they have called? .We have been driving the streets for quite a while everyday and there are posters everywhere..if he was lying on the street..somebody must have said something. My area is kind of secluded from the busy streets..he would have had to walk a long time in the dark to get out and because he is deaf he was scared of the dark.

Oh, and to the other reply. Yes that's a good idea. The radio said something about him and I just contactd the local television station. Maybe, but I doubt it. When I say I am STILL looking for my dog after a month, people are usually just shaking their head. A couple of them laughed...and I'm tired of the phrase .."so buy a new one."...
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Carlyg,I'm happy to hear that it is highly unlikey that he is hurt...I really hope you guys are reunited
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM

A Phone Call

A lady called me today! SHe said she sees a little white dog hanging aroudn these two houses on the other side of the golfcourse. (our area is split up into two sections..some houses on one side of the golf course and some on the other). Spencer could have maybe crossed the golf course and gone to that other area. He probably isn't running around but maybe somebody picked him up over there. I went today and I put posters in the mailboxes and on some cars. My mom and I are going to keep driving around there..and maybe even knock on people's door.

...I also saw a man walking a little white dog through the park at 10pm. I kind of followed him..I think I scared him. oops. I still don't know if it was Spencer, it was too dark and I was afraid to get out of my car. It was a really weird park and nobody was around but a man and the dog..and me. I at least have areas to keep an eye on though.
Attached Images

Last edited by Carlyg; April 26th, 2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:57 PM
-

Have you looked on the Toronto Animal Services regularly, I know it is a real long shot but they are showing a white poodle (that is what they list it) with a blue collar. I know it is grabbing at straws...Good Luck.
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Hoping that you and Spencer are re-united soon!!!

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Yeah, I look at that site regularly. A couple people have informed me about that poodle. Poor guy. My family and I were looking at the website one night and we stopped when we got to him..for a minute we thought it was Spencer too.
Old April 27th, 2007, 12:11 AM
banned user

Carly
If you do get a call for sure knock on doors give out flyers to everybody in
the neighborhood. I have met so many wonderful people who are on the
lookout now for Sable from that. The more concerned eyes you have the
better your chances....but make sure someone is at least in the car when
you go canvassing! Don't go alone but do go.
Best of luck in finding your baby.
Old April 27th, 2007, 03:34 PM
-

I agree. Take some flyers and you and your mom should go knocking on doors in that neighbourhood. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old April 28th, 2007, 11:23 PM

I have an appointment with an animal communicator on Tuesday.
It's really weird..but maybe. I don't know why I'm so nervous.
Has anyone else used an animal communicator? What kinds of things did you ask?
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM

They put the biggest picture of Spencer on the show "daytime" in york region. They talked about him too! and they put my phone n umber and e-mail on the screen. It was really cool..well, not cool because I still can't find him, but I'm glad they did that.

I also talked to an "animal communicator"today. It was kind of weird, but interesting.
..I don't know what I believe but it was still good to hear (in the sense that Spencer is alive).btu he has been stolen from the backyard. (which I figured out already).
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
Senior Contributor

All help is good. I was hoping to hear something good...I wish you so much luck in locating your baby.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
-

I hope you and Spencer will be re-united soon.
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Ughhh...I've been all over this town..and other towns. I've been door to door putting flyers in mailboxes everywheree..I have random people from shelters I'v never HEARD of e-mailing me saying that they have a poster of Spencer in their animal hospitals. It's wonderful, but NOBODY has seen him. Nobody has even spotted him anywhere...nobody knows ANYBODY who just got a new dog. If someone did steal him..he is DEAF..whoever steals a deaf dog is not going to want a deaf one. Wouldn't they have given him up by now??

..I swear, it seems that he has vanished into a black hole.
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM

Well..I actually got someone who spotted a dog. Two ladies found a stray dog in a field, apparently "exactly like Spencer.". The one lady seemed so sure. ANother lady took him home but the woman who called me didn't have her phone number.
I searched the entire weekend to find this woman and I finally found her this morning!..the first thing she said was "This ISN'T your dog..I know who your dog is and this isn't him."..The dog she found was completley different from how the woman on the phone described him to us.

I'm sorry, I'm really just ranting, but I feel so stupid. I knew it wasn't going to be him even if I found the woman..I can't figure out why it upset me so much becaue I was prepared for it not to be Spencer. Urg.
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM
banned user

Carly I am so sorry...it is so frustrating to work so hard on a lead and
then end up not being your dog. Don't give up!
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM

It's just.I don't know who to trust. I got two completley different stories from two different women about the same dog.
One lady said it was an old dog EXACTLY like mine and he was dirty and had no collar. THe lady who I finally found said it was a puppy and not anything like mine and he had a black collar on. She was suppose to call me tonight to show me the dog but she never did. I wonder if maybe I should go to the vet that she took it to and ask them for more information.

I don't understand how they could have seen two different things. It was the same dog though. They both told me about how they made a leash for it out of garbage bags. And htis woman kept saying..It's not your dog, you're dog had a blue collar.
..But my dog had a blue collar TWO MONTHS ago. If he got stolen and escaped..someone could have taken it off.
I just want to see the dog. I think I'm going to go ask the vet what it was like.
Old May 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM
-

Her behaviour sounds odd to me. Where did she say the dog was? I would definately pursue it.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Carlyg,

Haven't heard from you for a while. Any luck?
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:28 PM

No..none at all.
I went to the vet where that woman took the dog she found. As soon as I said "I want to know about a dog that was brought in here," the lady at the front desk started apologizing lol. She assured me the dog that was brought in was not my dog..the one brought in was a puppy. THey felt really bad that I got a call too early. Apparently someone was with the woman who found the dog and she wanted to keep it herself or something. I don't know..but the vets said it definetly was not my dog.

I havn't had many other "leads." I have been going door to door though and I meet some interesting people. The "animal communicator" said that my dog was in a house and hte inside had 70s furniture, a lady who mostly stays in an armchair and it was very dimly lit. The couple in between 50-60 with no children. He was dropped off there by a young man who comes to visit often. (I don't necessarily believe her..but I am going mailbox to mailbox and I needed a place to start so I started with these old houses in my town). One of the peopel came out and both him and his wife work at the National Golf Course. (that's were we thought my dog got out onto). He said he will bring hte poster to his work and he said he will get his guys (35 of them) to keep their eye open on the golfcourse to see if they spot anything. SO, that's pretty good.

His wife informed me about a house and she said there was a little white dog outside and she thought it was weird because she knows that they did not have a little white dog. Well I went to put a poster in their mailbox and I saw through the window into their livingroom. It was dimly lit, it was old and all 70s furniture and a lamp that looked like it was from the 70s and there was an armchair lol. I found out after that it is my brother's friend's grandmother's house so I don't think my dog is in there. (Unless my brother's friend stole my dog and gave it to his grandmother). Probably not though..but you never know.

Ps. I sound very accusing. I'm really not. I just want to check out anything possible.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM

I just got an e-mail from this man. He said he found a "pet' in national estates and it has been in his care for weeks. He wants to give it back to the person who has genuine proof that it is their pet.

That's all the information he gave me. I e-mailed him back, but I think it is strange he didn't call...or give me any other information. And he emailed my university e-mail address..it's not on any of hte posters. I'm waiting for his email response.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Carlyg,that it is not another weird thing,be careful.
But I hope it's your little sweetie
Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM

Hi Carly:

Sorry to hear about your lost dog. Just to let you know that I know exactly how you feel...not that that helps. Our Manchester Terrier has also been missing for about a month now and she seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. You're lucky you have had some leads, we haven't heard anything about our dog since May 7th when she disappeared. I can't believe that there are people out there that will keep a pet that isn't theirs
Hope we can both have a happy ending...
Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyg View Post
I just got an e-mail from this man. He said he found a "pet' in national estates and it has been in his care for weeks. He wants to give it back to the person who has genuine proof that it is their pet.

That's all the information he gave me. I e-mailed him back, but I think it is strange he didn't call...or give me any other information. And he emailed my university e-mail address..it's not on any of hte posters. I'm waiting for his email response.
Be very careful, Carlyg--how did he know your university email address? Unless there are other people working at University who live there and maybe recognize you? But it sounds fishy...so just be cautious!

I hope you find Spencer soon!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
banned user

Carly...I got the same email...it is one of those scams that they warn you
about when you post missing pets on the internet. I knew when he
couldn't give me specific information that it was a fraud. I have only
had one other since I started actively advertising for Sable on the internet or
in newspapers.

I know it makes your heart race and you hope it is yours but I don't k now
if it is profit or if they are just plain cruel.

Just don't give your personal information. Tell them to call the police
with the information.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM

Yeah I won't give personal information over the computer..(except my phone number is posted on all of the sites with the dog's information)

Shirley, you got the same email? The man sends me pictures of the dog..but I can't tell. I think it is a scam too. My parents are emailing him back n forth now to make sure. THey think the pictures are spencer..but we can't tell for sure. I know it could very well be a scam..and I won't give any information. I'll see what they say though.

..I have a video on you tube if anybody is bored they can watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkX5XojmOP4

(its not a very good video...but maybe someone will see it )