Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:15 PM
banned user

STALKERS BEWARE-This could be YOU!

Now with the advent of the Internet, stalking has taken on a new meaning to include cyberstalking. While there is no universal definition for cyberstalking, it is generally defined as stalking or harassing another person with the use of the Internet, e-mail or other electronic communication devices.

The Internet is very easy to use and has the anonymous features that stalkers love. With the simple push of a button, a stalker can send annoying or threatening messages to the victim's e-mail or post a message to a chat room or bulletin board.

The Internet makes it easier for a "shy" stalker who might not want to call or physically follow their victim, but who has no problem sending a message through the Internet.

Cyberstalking is defined as any person following another from message board to message board,from chat room to chat room,with the intent of harassing or causing harassment.

Any person that will follow another around the Internet, sending out unsolicited messages ,copying messages,for the sole purpose of defamation of character, is a strict violation of one’s right’s to freedom on the internet.

Cyberstalking is now being taken more seriously,due to the rise in crime perpertrated by internet stalkers. If you know of anyone that is stalking you, causing you undue stress and harassment, they can be charged with a violation. You can file a report with your local police force’s “Cyber Crime” unit,and generally these complaints are taken seriously.

Be safe on the internet, protect your rights!
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
banned user

Interesting

Hmmm It has been me and seems to be again! Interesting that you brought up this topic now Lori...I remember my brother stalking me on the internet,he went to almost every site I went to and tried to badmouth me..from one end of the internet to the other

He was going to message boards and printing them out and passing them out to people who knew me,just to stir crap..and eventually he ended up in court being charged with stalking,harrassment and defamation of character

I am aware of someone else doing this to me right now,and I wouldnt hesitate to have them charged too,if it had to come to that.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

i think the internet has helped stalkers in general and they can get so much info on you if the are comp savy. that is why i will never put my location onto this site or my dogs pic. i live in a very sml town and it would be so easy to find me. i also dont have my current address on the electoral role, my services of electricity are not in my name, neither is my lease and i dont fill out forms on the net, use computer banking the lot. ppl think i am paranoid but i have had my stalker in the past and i dont wnat to do that again, a friend of mine was also violently stalked by a local police officer, so you never know who you are looking at really.

and with dog pics, i live south of Sydney, Sydney has a high incedence of dog stealing for fighting, you will see a case of a dog such as staffie or rottie go missing quite often, and they are used to fight. that is why no one will ever see charlie here, again with the right info and a pic of my dog it would not be hard to find her, and she is a tough little girl and a good fighter so i will never do it.

in this day and age it pays to be very very careful, half the world seems full of freaks these days and ppl you just cnat trust.

and myst, that is just an awful story, im glad he got in trouble for it though, no one needs that sort of stress.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:49 PM
banned user

Girls, reason I've brought this up is because of the very reason Mysts38 just shared with us all. It does happen more than some realize and it is scary and must be something we all keep in mind at all times. I admit, I have my town on here and other info but after all I am not worried about people getting me.... I have a shih tzu that scares everyone away from my house. But joking aside, just a reminder for us all to be aware. Play safe
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:58 PM

Exclamation

Mysts38 and Melanie => I just want to say that I sympathize with you. How awful it must feel to have someone follow you around all the time. And I'm sure awful doesn't even come close to describing it. I've never had that happen to me but I can't image what I'd do if it did.

I didn't even know that cyberstalking existed, so Goldenblaze thanks for the heads up! In my opinion this should be posted as a sticky so that people are made aware!!!

Thanks for the warning.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
banned user

Excellent Idea Joelle..I would vote to make this a sticky!
Old November 3rd, 2004, 12:25 AM
who made this big mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie
...in this day and age it pays to be very very careful, half the world seems full of freaks these days and ppl you just cnat trust...
heyyyy! i'm not THAT bad! but i had no idea of what you deal with with doggie napping for fights. that is insane!

and @ goldenblaze... i just noticed that you are from the brockville area. i used to go to highschool in prescott and dated a fella from brockville... parents live in spencerville. small small world. (but i'm not stalking you, i swear!)

Nature is a damp place over which large numbers of ducks fly, uncooked.
- Oscar Wilde -
Old November 3rd, 2004, 01:42 PM

Dog-napping, cyberstalking ... you people are scaring the bejeezus outta me! Now I'm glad I haven't posted my pic in the "Faces" thread! Is the world really getting crazier, or is it just because we're hearing about it more than we used to? Mysts, Melanie - I feel bery badly for what you both went/are going through. That is just insane.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:32 PM
banned user

Would this be considered stalking?

Insane people do insane things.. a friend of mine emailed me and has told me that this certain person was sending my friend emails about me and what iam posting on the internet.I do have an idea of who it is,and hubby assures me he has gotten their IP and if they dont stop,he will take steps to make them stop,as he did with my brother...

God you would have to be REALLY bored to follow someone around the internet and read ALL their posts etc.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Senior Contributor

heres my theory, in this day and age when violence is so prominent and the continuation of wars encourages the notion of violence being ok if you can justify it. every day you see ppl dying, fighting, hurting, society is losing the plot so violence will increase th crazier the world gets.

dog nappers are so real here, a friend of mine with a staffie nearly had it stolen, so he sent the dog away to his parents house up norht as it owuld be safer, he misses his baby but his safety is paramaount, anyone looks at my girl sideways and i start jumpin. and as i said before, a close friend of mine was stalked by a cop, from the locla police station, it was terrifying and out of control, you just never know who anyone is anymore. you just cannot trust in ones inherant good nature ever again.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:56 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejane
heyyyy! i'm not THAT bad! but i had no idea of what you deal with with doggie napping for fights. that is insane!

and @ goldenblaze... i just noticed that you are from the brockville area. i used to go to highschool in prescott and dated a fella from brockville... parents live in spencerville. small small world. (but i'm not stalking you, i swear!)

It is a small world... I didn't go to school in Prescott I went to Tiss. I do know alot of people from Prescott though, I dated one from there many many moons ago too. Know some people in Spencerville too a few only. I am not worried about you stalking me, never know we might even know each other or the person you dated.
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:03 AM
who made this big mess?

did you happen to post a pic in the faces thread? didn't see one there. this is so o/t (sorry everyone) but what year did you graduate in if you don't mind me asking? (you can pm me if you are bashful)

stalking online is a real thing. i had a stalker on my old website. yay ip tags let you know pretty much anything you need to get rid of em.

Nature is a damp place over which large numbers of ducks fly, uncooked.
- Oscar Wilde -
Old November 4th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Senior Contributor

At first I found it hard tyo understand why people were so paronoid......Hard to understand sometimes until it happens to you.

Goldenblaze: Thanks for bringing this to light......I will now put more thought into info I post.....thanks.....you just scared the crap out of me

melanie....I understand now why you don't want to post pics, info etc...a while ago honestly I thought you were being paranoid ......but now I see it is my ignorance of the facts Is dog fighting a popular thing where you live? I too would do anything to protect my puppy as well, and this stalking stuff by a local cop well that really scares me when a person in his position takes on a role such as the stalker....I hope your friend is ok now.....that really gave me the creeps.

mysts38.....very sad about your brother (family should love one another in a perfect world )......but what a little bugger ....is there a big age difference?
Old November 4th, 2004, 07:04 AM
banned user

My brother

There is a big age diff between us..WHen this whole thing started,he tried to get me kicked off an antique internet site where I had a store,he would email high bidders on ebay and say bad things

He called hte police on me etc..he has a history of mental illness..my other brothers and my mom dont have anything to do with him now..they have pretty much written him off.It went on for 6 months,and I was truly fearful for the safety of my family,as I knew what he was capable of...its over now thank god
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:31 PM
banned user

[QUOTE=squarejane]did you happen to post a pic in the faces thread? didn't see one there. this is so o/t (sorry everyone) but what year did you graduate in if you don't mind me asking? (you can pm me if you are bashful)

stalking online is a real thing. i had a stalker on my old website. yay ip tags let you know pretty much anything you need to get rid of em.[/QUOTE

I sent you a PM, no picture of me online... sorry
Old November 4th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Never had a stalker, that I am aware of anyways, but after reading this, it sounds rather scary.
Old November 4th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

myst you poor thing, loks like your stalker is here , i have written you a note in another thread, but go to the cops and hoepfully the moderatoors can block them, your stalkers name is proud mummoy of two, and they seem pretty freaky and dam sad. mongrels.

yes dog fighting, often refered to as blood sports, are very popular here. but last year they brought new legislation for blood sport that will get offenders put in jail, hopefully it will curb some of these mongrels behaviour. but it is still very popular,i jsut wonder what sort of man would do that, its like most of those grose crime,s it could be anyone including the nice ahrd working man down the road you nver know.

a man once was patting charlie outside a shop (about 4yrs ago), i did not see him, when i came out he had her lying across his lap, i went crazy and near thumped him, like i told him he could have just stolen my dog and by the looks of things that was his intention, i have never been more scared, to have her stolen, oh god it make your heart ache, to be stolen and god knows what they do to them, not to mention the fear in her mind, oh to meuch to bear or think about, i protect her well. i even just got a new fence that cannot be seen through, so no one can see her or know if she is in the yard. its worht the extra hassle for my lady loves protection, i dont care if i lost everything else, but the love of my life i will kill for i swear.

myst please do somethign about this one, you never know.
Old November 6th, 2004, 04:38 PM
banned user

Reason for thread

Ok, let be honest unlike many on here that think I have something to do with stalking Mysts38!

The reason I posted this thread is becasue she wrote it and copyed it to me in a pm, her husband felt she should do this because of what is going on with her on this board. I offered to post it so others would not think it was bothering her and this is the thanks I get!

Mysts38 wrote a thread on here about someone in her town, they found out and get pissed off, they wrote back and now it's me. I know there are people sending pm's to others telling them I have something to do with this. It is sick!
I have nothing to do with this and find it very RUDE that you people blame me and not even ask me first!

If I have something to say I will say it, hurtful or not, I would never hide behind anyone or some fake name. For God Sake people. I don't even know this person, only through this board and lets not forget she DID talk about people in her town and she even knows that they know as Mysts38 wrote me a pm telling me about it.

If you would like to explain to me why you think I would care enough to start stalking her it would be helpful!
I feel that this is just rude and no need for it, I've never said anything about anyone on this board and yes I have a different opinion on some things about pets but I am intittled to have my own opinion just like you all.

Again I am not stalking her and I really don't care who is, my opinion she should not write postes about people than cry if they find out about it. I starting coming here to help get the word out about Paws not to bother anyone and it is too bad that people act like children and start passing emails about me to others again how RUDE!

Why didn't anyone have the respect to ask me first, how sad. Sure makes me look at you all in a different light!
If anyone knew me they would never of started such a thing about me, so for that i'm sorry you don't know me at all.

Sincerely,
Lorie
Old November 6th, 2004, 04:52 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysts38
Hmmm It has been me and seems to be again! Interesting that you brought up this topic now Lori..
You want to be honest and tell people WHY I posted this thread! I don't understand your problem with me other than your talked about people in your town and got caught!
Rude .... here I go. You started a thread about dogs being off leash, was your dog off leash? Cujo I mean.
Answer that question!
Now I see that you are not allowing any pm's to you, are you hiding after blaming me? Maybe people are right about you and you do like to start troulbe for others, why else would I even come up in this about me!
Old November 6th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Goldenblaze,having been gone for a while and not knowing how this stalking-thingy started,I thank you for the info...
Why anyone would suspect you I don't understand :sad: ,I thought we were all friendly animal-lovers on this Forum and I hope there will be no more wrongful accusations or cowardly e-mails about anyone. :sad:
Old November 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
Goldenblaze,having been gone for a while and not knowing how this stalking-thingy started,I thank you for the info...
Why anyone would suspect you I don't understand :sad: ,I thought we were all friendly animal-lovers on this Forum and I hope there will be no more wrongful accusations or cowardly e-mails about anyone. :sad:

I was floored when I open a pm and read what people where saying about me. I live no where near her, I have two dogs but they don't run lose, my dogs are both alive!
I have no children and have no idea how she lives nor do I care.

I went and read the closed thread to try to get why people think I have something to do with it and I don't get it. The only thing I have in common with her in a Golden Retriever
mine don't run free and we were not the ones in the thread she started about the dogs being off leash and scaring her child! I'm lost for words but it really shows me how people are on this board and makes me ill to think people are acting this way.

Fact is, she started a thread about people in her town, they came on here and wrote in their own defence, it was closed how dare anyone say anything about her even though she wrote about others. For all you people know the whole thing was made up and no dog came in her yard at all!

Wrongful accusations or cowardly e-mails from people that hide in pm's how big of you all!

Thank You Chico2 for saying what you did and it was not in pm, good for you for having back bone!
Old November 6th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

darling chico, (we have missed you) dont fret pet, its just alot of rubbish and sad things that really you should not put any energy into (alot of the nasty threads and posts have been deleted). but do take note of the info above, its very applicable to this day and age. yay nice to see you lady
Old November 6th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank's Mel and GoldenBlaze...it's nice to be back!!!
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenblaze
Ok, let be honest unlike many on here that think I have something to do with stalking Mysts38!

The reason I posted this thread is becasue she wrote it and copyed it to me in a pm, her husband felt she should do this because of what is going on with her on this board. I offered to post it so others would not think it was bothering her and this is the thanks I get!
This was your first mistake, believe me! You never, ever write something on a forum that somebody else wrote for you. Because of this, you are now associated with this person who doesn't have the GUTS to come forward and tell all the people here that trusted her that she in fact was posting as 2 different people, "Proudmommy" and "mysts38" It has been verified that they had the same IP address. This forum should demand an apology from Mysts38 AND she should be banned from this forum, as she broke the rules as being a Troll!

Heather
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire

Wow, Goldenblaze, the fact that anyone would implicate you in this drama is crazy to me. I don't even know how it happened, or read any posts to do with it, but I respect you, so I find it utterly ridiculous that people have been sending you pm's condemning you.

Speaking of drama, people...it's not needed. Keep it about the animals, eh? I'm sorta tired of sorting through the posts that I want to read (pets/pictures/fun things that happen to us all on topic or off) and the things I DON'T want to read (gossip/accusations/trolls).

Anyways, that's my $0.02 on the situation.

Keep it real, people.
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRama
Wow, Goldenblaze, the fact that anyone would implicate you in this drama is crazy to me. I don't even know how it happened, or read any posts to do with it, but I respect you, so I find it utterly ridiculous that people have been sending you pm's condemning you.

Speaking of drama, people...it's not needed. Keep it about the animals, eh? I'm sorta tired of sorting through the posts that I want to read (pets/pictures/fun things that happen to us all on topic or off) and the things I DON'T want to read (gossip/accusations/trolls).

Anyways, that's my $0.02 on the situation.

Keep it real, people.
This NEEDS to be talked about! A person on here has been posting trash and lies everyday and this needs to be addressed AND an explanation made. Plain and simple. This won't rest until this happens.

Heather
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Zookeeper Extraordinaire

Well seeing as you posted about 2 seconds before I did, I didn't realize that it had been proven somewhere (Which, by the way, I can't seem to find.)

If indeed we have all been led astray then yes, an apology by those involved would be the decent thing to do.

I was just trying to say that I support Goldenblaze, that's all.
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRama
Well seeing as you posted about 2 seconds before I did, I didn't realize that it had been proven somewhere (Which, by the way, I can't seem to find.)

If indeed we have all been led astray then yes, an apology by those involved would be the decent thing to do.

I was just trying to say that I support Goldenblaze, that's all.

I agree, believe me. The thread was deleted by the moderators, as it was getting quite nasty. But people were certainly perplexed and wanting an explanation. It was proven, believe me and the thread stated this by a moderator.

Heather
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:39 PM
banned user

I'm lost

Heather

Are you saying that she was using two names and posting both threads?

If that is the case and it is proven then people here that were sending pm's telling rumors that it was me doing this had better be women and or man enough to stand up becasue the names will come out who send the pm's I promise you that! I will also be checking the IP address( no matter how much money this costs me) this is Slander and I will do something about it.

Heather Wrote
This NEEDS to be talked about! A person on here has been posting trash and lies everyday and this needs to be addressed AND an explanation made. Plain and simple. This won't rest until this happens.

I agree, how many other's are doing the same thing and how many other are hurts by this daily. I was sick to learn that you people think so little of me.

I came here to meet people I thought was like me and loved their pets and enjoyed learning from others and helping when we can. It is sick on here how EVERY breeder that anyone talks about is one of the two a byb or a puppy mills. How many times has anyone went to the breeders or even bothered to comfirm before putting the breeder down?

People believe what is on the threads and Oh My God look where it got me!
I know there are many byb and mills, God I know!
But if you can show some proof a website or something other then what is said by someone on here to back up your claim. For some reason people believe most things they read here and I bit there are many GREAT breeders that have had something bad said about them that was not true!

Now that is something that has always bothered me and I never said anything because I am am not the type to start a fight inless it is something worth fighting for like real puppy mills I know paws is and can prove it.
Anyway in closing this post I again am sickend how you all jumped saying it was me doing this nasty thing.

To the people who have sent support my way I truly Thank You and say you are my kind of people.
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:46 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenmom
This was your first mistake, believe me! You never, ever write something on a forum that somebody else wrote for you. Because of this, you are now associated with this person who doesn't have the GUTS to come forward and tell all the people here that trusted her that she in fact was posting as 2 different people, "Proudmommy" and "mysts38" It has been verified that they had the same IP address. This forum should demand an apology from Mysts38 AND she should be banned from this forum, as she broke the rules as being a Troll!

Heather

Heather,

Are you saying that because I thought I was helpping her and posted the thread she sent me in a pm that I am like her? I truly hope not!

Next Point,
I'm not the only person who associated with her, God you people trusted her and attacked me!
heather if I'm off here and don't get what you are reading I am sorry but again this just made me ill today learning this info and I'm still kind of in a cloud.
Closed Thread