Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old March 12th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

Could he be allergic to the EVO?

I have taken all the EVO out of Rolands food now and put him back on his old food until his stomach settles. he has loose stools still after a week of a weak mix of the EVo and the Neutro. i was wondering if he could be allergic to something in the EVO or if his stomach is just too sensitive for such a change now. i have been giving him canned pumpkin and digestive enzymes to no effect. hopefully it will get back to normal soon. Once it is back to normal should i try the EVo again or try something else?
Old March 12th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Rosco, Raw Fed & LOVES IT

I doubt its an allergy. Usually with an allergy there is scratching, paw licking, or other things. It could be an intolerence to somehing in it, but if theyre back on their own food, and still loose, I'd be thinking something else. Have you taken a stool sample to the vet?

Their impression of power is remarkable. They give one the feeling of immense reserves of energy, of great reservoirs of knowledge, of tolerance of disposition, obstinacy of purpose, and tenacity of principle. They are responsive, and they have a lot of quiet, good sense.

-J. Wentworth Day, from The Dog in Sport, 1938
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Contributor

my boys have sensitive tummies (huskys ) they took awhile to adjust to the EVO
Logan - Rescued Husky cross
Aiden- Rescued husky cross
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM

no i havent. i will see how it goes for a couple of days. he is still drinking plenty and doesnt seem too bothered otherwise. i will see if it goes back to normal on his old food and if not will for sure talk to the vet and see what they say.
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~michelle~ View Post
my boys have sensitive tummies (huskys ) they took awhile to adjust to the EVO
Yeah. My doggies took 4 months to adjust when I first switched them to holistic.

Maybe it just wasn't gradual enough for him. (I know, I say the same thing over and over..)
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:48 AM

4 months? wow. did they have upset tummies that whole time? and i dont mind you saying the same thing over and over. its reinforcement. im now thinking of returning the EVO and trying Felidae. (my new favorite pet supply store guarantees all their food so i can return the EVO). I know its not as high in protein as the EVo but i think for now until his stomach is a little stronger (and maybe when hes a year) i will try that. at least its better than the Neutro. I will make it a slow upgrade!
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Not totally upset stomachs, but the stool was looser than it should have been, and smellier, and they were gassier... But I stuck with it because at the time, my options were so limited for them, and in the end, they adjusted better than they ever had to any food before.

Felidae is a good food too. But since he picks out the food, you might want to try going wayyyy gradually. Like add a couple new kibbs a day. Some furries need longer. Boo takes about 2 weeks normally to do a switch. Not sure if it's the same with cats, but it couldn't hurt.
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM

thats a good idea. i dont mind if it takes a month! as long as he is happy and healthy and enjoying his food. i will certainly try again once his stomach has had a chance to rest a bit!