Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old January 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Looks more like "snow removal people" today it's really coming down out there, and big, fluffy, CHristmas-looking flakes too.

There sure is a lot of snow this winter. Looks like the winter of 1958 (from pics of my grandparents' house) and the one of 2005 (both in Norway), lots and lots of snow!

Pretty, and brightening up everything. If it were a little less slippery ... oh well, we know how to handle the slipping and sliding Mustang as long as other drivers know what they are doing ...
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH View Post
Looks more like "snow removal people" today it's really coming down out there, and big, fluffy, CHristmas-looking flakes too.

There sure is a lot of snow this winter. Looks like the winter of 1958 (from pics of my grandparents' house) and the one of 2005 (both in Norway), lots and lots of snow!

Pretty, and brightening up everything. If it were a little less slippery ... oh well, we know how to handle the slipping and sliding Mustang as long as other drivers know what they are doing ...
Sarah, how much snow are you expecting in Montreal?????? The reason I am asking is.....when we booked our trip to Mexico, there was a deal that if it snowed more than 5 inches at our departure airport, on January 1, 2008, we would be reimbursed for the cost of our trip!!!!!! I normally hate snow, but I am for lots and lots of snow in Montreal today

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:37 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH View Post

I am so jealous. :sad: I LOVE snow. Last year we got 2 inches ALL WINTER! This year isn't shaping up to be much better. Of course tonight they are calling for 7 inches only 2 hours away from us and none here. So enjoy your big fluffy snow for me. I am longing for the day where it is deep enough that it comes up to Roscoe's belly. He's never seen snow like that. Isn't that sad?

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandynva View Post
I am so jealous. :sad: I LOVE snow. Last year we got 2 inches ALL WINTER! This year isn't shaping up to be much better. Of course tonight they are calling for 7 inches only 2 hours away from us and none here. So enjoy your big fluffy snow for me. I am longing for the day where it is deep enough that it comes up to Roscoe's belly. He's never seen snow like that. Isn't that sad?
If you hurry up here you can have some of ours! Gotta hurry though--we'll be 38 - 40 over the weekend and we'll lose a lot of it! :sad:

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:04 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBoo View Post
if it snowed more than 5 inches at our departure airport, on January 1, 2008, we would be reimbursed for the cost of our trip!!!!!! I normally hate snow, but I am for lots and lots of snow in Montreal today
We have about 2-3 cms now , by looking at my patio. But it doesn't seem like it will stop anytime soon , maybe we'll get 10 cms ? I don't know about inches though. It's really nice and fluffy right now , and I love that I don't have to drive anywhere
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
We have about 2-3 cms now , by looking at my patio. But it doesn't seem like it will stop anytime soon , maybe we'll get 10 cms ? I don't know about inches though. It's really nice and fluffy right now , and I love that I don't have to drive anywhere
Oh no!!! You HAVE to get more than 10 cm....I think 5 inches = 12.7 cm, so I sure hope Mtl gets dumped on!!!

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM
-

I don't mind the snow right now , as long as the roads are ok to go back to work on Thursday morning. So let's hope for 15 cms and you and me could split the money you'll get from the refund.
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM

hhhmmm..... let me think about that one!

Old January 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Flyball Mom

Quote:
NOTE TO SELF: Next year....stay home and rent a movie, have popcorn and enjoy the evening!!!

Happy New Years to all!!!
Ah, see, I do have the right idea. LOL

Actually, next year (if hubby's here ) I would like to go to Niagara Falls. Never been for the new year's bash there, and I totally want to go somewhere where I can stay over instead of having to worry about driving.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
Flyball Mom

The morning after:

Yeeessss, her head is on a pillow.... spoiled brat.

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me

Last edited by Byrd; January 1st, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
The morning after:

Yeeessss, her head is on a pillow.... spoiled brat.
but sooo cute

did she let you sleep in?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Looks like Willow knows how to par-tay!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Flyball Mom

Oh yeah, she always lets me sleep in. She likes to lay in bed and cuddle.

I'm a little worried now about the new duvet and cover (I just got the cover yesterday and put it on today) because she sleeps in bed with me. I did get a brown cover though.... I'm doing the whole place with brown accents (blue/brown livingroom, purple/brown bedroom) I figure the bedroom will have to be a little more masculine soon, but most of my stuff is purple so I'm sticking with the purple as the secondary colour rather than the primary (k, enough rambling). Anyway, Willow likes to play 'mouse under the blanket/pillow' and gets pretty violent with it. I may have to toss an old sheet on the bed at nights or something.

Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:12 AM

Good News!

Well, it appears that you guys in Montreal got more than 5 inches of snow yesterday so........I will be getting a refund cheque for my trip to Mexico from the company I booked with! (of course, I don't get back the taxes, fees and surcharges)

Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
-

Congratulation ! But now you have to come here and help me shoveling it all (my back hurts just to think about it )
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM

Sorry Frenchy......but if you can wait until Sunday, we are expecting +5 and sunny, so all that white stuff should melt!

Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
-

Quote:
Sorry Frenchy......but if you can wait until Sunday, we are expecting +5 and sunny, so all that white stuff should melt!
I'm all for waiting , but the dogs need to get to the patio (I do let them out from another door but I have to stand in the unheated solarium for them to come back in , and they go out a gazillion times a day)
Attached Images

Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Flyball Mom

Holy crap! We got about 5cm.

Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
Holy crap! We got about 5cm.
final results : (I didn't bother with the other side of the patio)
Attached Images

Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Flyball Mom

Old January 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM

Frenchy, I feel your pain! Buster has to wait until hubby shovels a path so he can do off the deck to do his business. Only 78 more days until spring!!!!!
Attached Images