Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 22nd, 2014, 12:18 PM
Willing cat servant

Desperate! Jimena a beautiful black mutt in need.

I've been planning to share this with you for quite a while now.
I've been struggling and knocking door to door for help with this and everyoone keeps shutting the door on me
Here's the situation:
(This all happened in a town in Baja California Sur, Mexico which is far away from where I am)

Jimena was born in 2009, she is a survivor of a big hurricane that hit the town of Santa Rosalia, Baja California Sur.
Right after the storm my aunt found her at her front door as a very young puppy. I can't imagine what she did to survive that being so young. My aunt took her in and named her after the storm.
Jimena is a true survivor, she had a tumor that after treatment went into remision so she keeps defeating every obstacle.
Now my aunt has fallen very ill and she had to go to a nursing home since she can no longer take care of herself. Jimena remains at the home, being visited by the neighbors who bring food and water but as time goes by Jimena is getting lonely and leaving a dog like that is far from an ideal situation. She really needs to find a loving home. A home with awareness and respect for animals.

Jimena loves the outdoors, she likes to go pee outside in the front yard on her own then goes back. I must admit she likes to bark though, however she's gentle. Since my aunt lived by herself she didn't have many chances to be around children but when someone visits with kids she gets very excited and jumps around, she has never attempted to attack a child nor she has shown any signs of agression. Actually one of the neighbors often brings his toddler to see her when they leave food and water for her because the kids loves to go visit her.

She's a black mutt, medium size, spayed. She had her vaccinations on July 2013. I know she had her rabies and distemper shots

=============================================
I've been trying for months. I send money for her food and in case she needed medical attention. In the mean time I ask shelters in Mexico, in Canada and no one's willing to take my case.
I offer to help with expenses. I don't pretend to just throw a bundle of responsibilities to someone else. I care about Jimena a lot. I paid for her chemo when she got sick and thanks goodness she's healthy now. It's just that I'm far away and unable to go. I am so desperate about this situation (I'm far from being rich or anything like it but I'm willing to share what we have with her )
I thought she made it and now this and no one will help me to find her a home either in Mexico or Canada even.
Do you know anyone that help cases like this?
Here she is my adorable Boba Dog (like I call her) I've been truly in tears over this many, many times...

Attached Images

Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:20 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Koteburo Jimenia is gorgeous! such a sad situation. The only thing I could suggest is trying to find a rescue group that might help. Is there a chance you can fly her here and take her in yourself?? at least till you can find her a home. Just a thought??
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 23rd, 2014, 11:31 PM
Willing cat servant

I've thought about it many times.
She's very used to the semi outdoors and open spaces. At the moment (although I'll be moving in about 3 months) I'm living in a small apartment with 3 cats, a baby and a husband. And I for sure wouldn't mind to do the extra effort to acomodate her however she'll go totally bonkers. And she still needs training. I have so little space at the moment I can't figure how.
But it is something to consider seriously. Foster. It would greatly help if she was already in Canada I see your point. Would give us way better chances.
I love that girl. She's been through so much that I must find a good, responsible, loving home for her. Where she finds patience and care.
Old May 24th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Its the only thing I can think of. She would be closer to you for decision making and you would be more likely to get help without the distance. Most people may think she is too far away to help?? If you went this route it would likely take some time to get her transported here and if your moving in three months it might just work out.

Having said that a dog in an apartment is not a bad thing. Dogs adapt very well usually. Most people think its not fair to a dog but as long as they get the exercise they need and the love of a family it usually works.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on Jiminea's progress!

She is a beautiful looking girl!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 24th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

I hate to say this but it may take a little longer to find a new home for the dog b/c he is a 'black' dog. People have a thing about black dogs and cats.
Old May 25th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Koteburo, with all you have on your plate you still find time to care for this pup. You are such a wonderful lady. I agree that getting her to Canada would help. Could you contact some rescues that may take her in for foster if you were able to get her here? Good luck, she's a beautiful pup.
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Willing cat servant

Yeah... It's just so absurd about black dogs and cats that some people feel that way but it does happen.
And me. One of the things I like the most about Jimena is that she is black! heh.

There is a problem though I don't think she gets along with cats. She was never used to them and she chases them and I'm not sure if she could attack cats but my aunt told me she does. And I have 3 and no room to keep them permanently apart until she finds a good place.

On the other side there is a chance of something that could be really good.
My aunt has a friend (American btw) who was living there for work but left. And he adopted 5 dogs from the streets there and loves them took them with him.
There is a chance he goes back and he might be able to help is he does.
OMG I hope he does. I think he would help us somehow.