Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 15th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Persian Cat

Hey all,

I have a friend looking for a Persian cat (preferably kitten) in GTA. Stuck on the breed as had same breed growing up. I don't think there are breed specific rescues for cats right? Is the best option just to keep visiting shelters/rescues etc? I imagine it would be quite hard to find a specific breed of cat?

I know from reading on here that rescues for dogs tend to have a lot of restrictions (understandable), is that the same with cat rescues? I know he would make an amazing owner regardless, but just curious

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Have you tried contacting TCR onster? They have so many cats/kittens in foster homes they may have a Persian.

http://torontocatrescue.ca/

Maybe others can give you the names of other rescues in your area. I know there are some but I'm heading out. Don't have time to do a search right now.........

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks 14+, will check it out. I will do a google search as well, but was looking for any specific recommendations/ thoughts about finding a specific breed. |I'm still trying to convince him to adopt a 'regular' ol' kitty. I'm gonna have to take him to an adopt-a-thon who can resist kitten cuteness? Muahahahahaha.

Old April 15th, 2011, 01:51 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onster View Post
Thanks 14+, will check it out. I will do a google search as well, but was looking for any specific recommendations/ thoughts about finding a specific breed. |I'm still trying to convince him to adopt a 'regular' ol' kitty. I'm gonna have to take him to an adopt-a-thon who can resist kitten cuteness? Muahahahahaha.
So show him the TCR site. That should sway him. Soooooo many adorable faces needing a furever home.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Doggie Wench

Here's petfinders list with Persian/Persian mixes starting with Ontario, onster.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?...lon=-79.683333
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Senior Contributor

will do 14+

LP, thank u!! I couldn't remember the site Awesome!

I'm also thinking if I can get him to meet my cutie patooties he may be swayed as well. They're your garden variety shelter kitty but they're so adorable (not that I'm biased or anything). Maybe I can just sway him towards a domestic long hair with a bit of a pushed in face. To be honest, I'm concerned bout the health concerns associated w purebred Persians anyway (resp problems and such)