Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old October 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM

bloated kitten with diarrhea

My kitten I just got from my moms best friend not sure how old she is but she's been very healthy until she got constipated so then I gave her s laxative then I found out she had worms so I gave her worm medicine and now her tummy is really bloated and she has real runny diarrhea. The diarrhea didn't start till I gave her wet cat food tho. I'm only 17 with no job so a vet is a bit pricey. Please help
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Can your mom help you pay for the vet ? You need to made sure the kitten is getting enough water and you could try looking on line for a low income vet in your city. How you do plan to care of the kitten when you have no job.? Your kitten needs to be taken to the vet .
Old October 26th, 2013, 10:24 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Please do not give the kitten laxatives. That is playing with fire. What worm meds did you give? Kitten really needs to go to the vet for a complete checkup. A lot of vets will do payments and, if you explain your situation, may give you a break in price. Please do not continue to medicate this kitten without medical advice. It could do irreparable harm. Also, please don't use the over the counter crap you can buy at grocery stores. Most don't work and can cause a lot of issues.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Please do not give the kitten laxatives. That is playing with fire. What worm meds did you give? Kitten really needs to go to the vet for a complete checkup. A lot of vets will do payments and, if you explain your situation, may give you a break in price. Please do not continue to medicate this kitten without medical advice. It could do irreparable harm. Also, please don't use the over the counter crap you can buy at grocery stores. Most don't work and can cause a lot of issues.
I agree with you 100%!