Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 27th, 2005, 07:55 PM

Dog Drooling and bad taste in mouth

Hi, I have a female Rottweiler who will be 5 in May. She is acting a little starnge today. She has been drooling a lot and acting like she has a horrible taste in her mouth. I've never seen her do this before. she's eating and drinking just fine and she went outside and went to the bathroom with no problems. She does go to the vet htis week for her shots but I'm not sure if I should get her in sooner. Has anyone experienced this with their dog??

Thanks!
Ali
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat
Hi, I have a female Rottweiler who will be 5 in May. She is acting a little starnge today. She has been drooling a lot and acting like she has a horrible taste in her mouth. I've never seen her do this before. she's eating and drinking just fine and she went outside and went to the bathroom with no problems. She does go to the vet htis week for her shots but I'm not sure if I should get her in sooner. Has anyone experienced this with their dog??

Thanks!
Ali
Hi Ali and I have a female Rotti also, Ciara, she is 6 years old. (And she has issue's) Drooling, constant swollowing and basically what you are describing sounds like nausea. If there is any way you can "up" her appointment at the vet, please try to.
In the meantime, watch her closely and try to feed a bland diet. Monitor her potty breaks also.
I go through this alot with Ciara but mainly do to her problems & med's so one does not have anything to do with your dog's problem...but I know the sign's of an impending great Rotti hurl.
Keep us updated and good luck. Btw, what's her name?

Ciara & I are crossing paw's for her...
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM

Hi, Thank you for responding!! Her name is Morgan. She did throw up yesterday and I didnt put the two together until you mentioned nausea. She is always eating grass and dirt, so her throwing up yesterday didnt surprise me. I will call the vet tomorrow and talk to them and see if I can get her in asap. They ususally will squezee us in. They know her all too well...since she has had 3 knee surgeries . She still loves going there though! she has been through a lot, so Hopefully its nothing serious and just an upset tummy.

Thanks,

Ali
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Hi, Thank you for responding!! Her name is Morgan. She did throw up yesterday and I didnt put the two together until you mentioned nausea. She is always eating grass and dirt, so her throwing up yesterday didnt surprise me. I will call the vet tomorrow and talk to them and see if I can get her in asap. They ususally will squezee us in. They know her all too well...since she has had 3 knee surgeries . She still loves going there though! she has been through a lot, so Hopefully its nothing serious and just an upset tummy.

Thanks,

Ali
Thanks Ali & keep us posted please! I know all to well of the acl surgery,not with Ciara but assisted on many of them. I know it is hard on a large breed dog but in the end, it's up to the owner to guard and nurse them along....you must be doing everything right and high fives to ya!

Ciara sends Morgan dog smooches and a quick butt sniff. (her way of shaking hands.) *ugh*
Old March 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM

Well, The Vet seems to think Morgan is fine. He just asid to keep an eye on her, but it was probably jsut an uspet stomach or something she ate.

Karin, does Ciara have any grey hair?? Morgan just started to get some patches of grey here and there and it worries me. With all of her knee problems, I'm scared she is getting old too soon....

Thanks,

Ali
Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Well, The Vet seems to think Morgan is fine. He just asid to keep an eye on her, but it was probably jsut an uspet stomach or something she ate.

Karin, does Ciara have any grey hair?? Morgan just started to get some patches of grey here and there and it worries me. With all of her knee problems, I'm scared she is getting old too soon....

Thanks,

Ali
Glad to hear Morgan Is okay! Rotti's do tend to be very sensitive. Ciara started to sprout grey hairs on her chin, seems like overnight. I can't like that at all. Every since she was a puppy she has had one white hair on her back, only one. I have plucked it before but it still comes back.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:59 AM

possbilities

Hi, glad to hear Morgan is okay. You might want to make sure you aren't using any household things that she's sensitive to. Febreeze is supposed to be fine to use around pets, But, if the pet licks the sofa or carpet I would tend to thing that is not a good thing.
Also, You should check the outdoors area she frequents for toads. They secrete a poison through their skin when threatened, and dogs are fascinated by toads...hoppy little toys!!
Just a couple thoughts from me

P.S. Maybe stock up on the paper towels and baby wipes
Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Senior Contributor

I have a Rott mix puppy he is still little but he LOVES to eat everything. And I mean everything. He wants to eat rocks, dirt, sticks, clothes, toliet paper, etc. We have to watch him ALL the time. I am hoping he will grow out of it. But, I am so glad to hear that your baby is doing okay!

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM

Thasnks Everybody!

That is funny that Ciara has a white hair on her back! Morgan has one too. She has had it since she was a puppy and sometimes it brushes out but it always grows back!!

Morgan does lick the carpet, but I don't spray anything on it or the furniture. It needs it I'm sure(with 4 pets), but I personally dont like the small of Febreeze. I think she ate something outside. She has been digging and eating dirt, so I bet she found something gross. She will put anything in her mouth. I searched the yard and couldnt find anything though..

Princess - My Rottie is almost 5 and she still eats everything! She has gotten way better. She doesnt chew furniture or clothing anymore, but she is still obsessed with kleenex, paper towels, newspaper and ofcourse stuffing! They are a handful, you need a lot of patience, but it is worth it. They are so much fun and have the biggest hearts! Good luck and enjoy his puppy antics!

Ali