Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Fish

Old March 9th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Senior Contributor

need help with Betta....sick for 3 months and still not sure how to help!!!!

About three months ago my betta got popeye....with antibiotics it finally dissappeared after a month.
I knew the fish was going to lose his eye and so as he was losing his eye he got fungus...I treated the fungus....the eye fell out with fungus...the socket was white and I thought I solved everything...now the fungus is back and I again treated the fungus...but the fungus keeps grwoing back...I change the water every day and I still add antibiotics....today he is on his side but will swim...any ideas....he seems like a fighter and I want to do my part and try to help him get out of this....
first picture was pre-lose of eye with fungus....second picture is no eye and fungus...help please
Attached Images

Old March 9th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
About three months ago my betta got popeye....with antibiotics it finally dissappeared after a month.
I knew the fish was going to lose his eye and so as he was losing his eye he got fungus...I treated the fungus....the eye fell out with fungus...the socket was white and I thought I solved everything...now the fungus is back and I again treated the fungus...but the fungus keeps grwoing back...I change the water every day and I still add antibiotics....today he is on his side but will swim...any ideas....he seems like a fighter and I want to do my part and try to help him get out of this....
first picture was pre-lose of eye with fungus....second picture is no eye and fungus...help please
Maybe you need to get another fish tank and start over , the fungus could be on the tank too.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the reply...the tank is new...I removed him out of the community aquarium and put him in his own space.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:48 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Poor guy!! I know ownedbycats and Dee-O-Gee both have some experience with fish. Maybe PM them?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."