Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old June 24th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Less allergy issues?

So I realized that in the last week I haven't had to use my Nasonex on a nightly basis. On Saturday night I used some, but it had been at least two days since I needed it. Yay! I don't want to count my chickens, but I think my allergies to my gang are at least becoming less potent.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

That's great news. I hope your allergies continue to improve.
My allergies stay about the same now, I still wheeze at night but have learned to sleep with my head elevated more than normal. I still have bad attacks when the kitties are shedding badly, like they are right now. Squeakie in particular jumps on me for lots of affection as soon as hubby takes the pups out in the evening. He'll be taking them out any minute now, and after that I'll be a sneezing mess for a while, her hair is coming out pretty good at the moment, maybe slowing down a little from last week.

Cindy
Old June 24th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Senior Contributor

That's good. People can grow out of allergies or develop others as we age but the time of the year also plays a part depending on the kind of allergy it is- if it is say plants et al. If it's food allergies, that's another issue. Have you been tested for allergies? It is a very simple process- takes about 15 minutes and a dr can then tell you what you are allergic to. I am allergic to a whole bunch of stuff so I give myself an injection about once a month and decreasing it slowly. I do it at work since I have a crash cart in my office, lol

I am glad yours are decreasing tho - that's good news!
Old June 25th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Senior Contributor

I was tested may years ago and can't remember much of the results, other than I knew I was allergic to cats and dogs. I'm guessing it's partly because I'm getting more used to the gang, and it only took a little over a year My biggest problem is the asthma, which I've been able to control better on Advair.

I'm very pleased because this means I can at least get some relief from paying for so many medications.

I do have sneezing fits now and then, but it's nothing like before.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old June 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM
~Cat Servent~

That's great!

And even though my asthma and allergies are well controlled, I still have the sneezing fits too... don't think they ever go away... mainly because there is no way to stay ahead of the fur with 6 cats (or 5)!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old June 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I'm happy that it seems to all be leveling out. The Advair I have has 60 inhalations, which should last me 2 months since I only need it once a day. The rescue inhaler is the only thing I need to keep on hand, but I haven't needed that much so that is something that should last me as well, and less Nasonex is also good.

As it is, I'm trying to change my health insurance plan because I'm trying to cut my costs as much as possible. Yesterday I bought the gang food, enough starting Today to Monday and it cost me $42.00 I hate to revert back to cheap food after it's taken me this long to get them to eat good quality food. I'm trying to go from 4 cans a day for the usual suspects to 3, and I'm giving Czarina 2, 3oz can's a day. I can probably cut that in half too, since she doesn't really eat all of her food at night.

Less money spent on my medication and insurance will hopefully help.