Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:35 PM
-

Hope it's Spencer....sending lots of good luck.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:00 PM

Is the other Bichon Frise still there? I looked buy I only see the bichon/poodle.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
banned user

Carly it is a new one but no picture up yet

Spencer has to be one of these soon!
Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM

Sorry to get your hopes up Carly but he is no longer being shown on their website.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:33 AM

that's alright.
THaks for telling me. I was wondering why I couldn't see him but everyone else could. lol.

Maybe that means someone else found their dog. Yay for them.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
banned user

Carly..know we are trying to help..you seem to be on the same rollercoaster as I am on.

go to www.ospca.org/barrie go to look at animals.... 1st one Lucky
sure looks like Spencer...they don't give a lot of details.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:57 PM

hah Shirley do you remember buying tickets for this rollercoaster? ..I sure don't.

And yes, I thank everyone for all of their help. Even if the dogs are not spencer, I woudl rather know about them..just in case. The barrie dog isn't spencer though. His ears and face are appricot like most Bichons. Spencer has different colouring.

How long would the breeder keep his tatoo number for? I have had him for 9 years, I doubt they still have it.

I'm going to go to the vet on wednesday to see if they have the number anywhere..i want to call the breeder if the vet doesn't have it, but she will probably think I'm nuts.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM

Hi Carly .... I think the breeder would have the tatoo number forever. I forget how they work but take into account where they were born in the litter - i.e. my Montana was the first born in her litter. Also, if Spemcer is registered, the tatoo number is shown on the registration form you would have received from CKC. I still have those forms from our very first dog back in '68. Take care.

Pat and Montana
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:01 PM

Carly...Billie will be 7 in August. I contacted her breeder once she went missing and have been keeping in touch with her. Last night I emailed her and this morning she gave me the tattoo number. She keeps everything so your breeder might too. She didn't think I was crazy, besides what have we got to loose, everybody thinks we're crazy for not giving up anyways...
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Nobody here think's you are crazy,I would never give up finding my dog/cat,not until I know one way or the other,or have him/her safely back home
Old July 24th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Of course I didn't mean the people here thinking we are crazy
It's nice to see that people care and understand what we are going thru...
Old July 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM

Carly...any luck in getting Spencers' tattoo number?
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM

no, not yet. I can't get a hold of the breeder. The phone number just says "not in service." I went to the vet, but they don't have it.

I didn't register him in CKC. Is that something I would do, or the breeder?
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:55 PM
banned user

Carly if you bought him as a purebred dog the breeder should have registered the litter and then transferred the ownership to you...it was up to the breeder
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:58 AM

No leads..no new bichons in shelters. Nothing.
I understand Tyygercats frusteration..there is only so much you can do wihtout something to follow.

I think whoever took him is keeping him in woodbridge and has seen my posters/newspaper ads/tv ads/radio announcements and just doesn't care either way.

Somehow I still want to hope that the man who says he has him in England actually DOES have him..and WILL bring him in november (but that is just because I want him to "exist" somewhereee)

I was talking to my old friend who lives down the street. He said "what? you lost your dog??"...and I thought "how the heck do you not know that yet??"...Then I kind of hoped that whoever has him just hasnt *seen* the posters yet. (but that is doubtful..if you lost a dog..you would look for posters).

I won't even be able to contemplate this when I get back to school in september.

There is also only so much weird stuff I can do in order to make myself feel like I am not just "forgetting" my dog. I can't bury anything, put petals on a stone or recite poetry to a casket.....so I made a cool collage with pictures and forget-me-nots...and a locket haha. (I'm in the arts at school....I get bored when I have no trails to follow )
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
banned user

Carly, I understand your frustration...your mind wants to put it all behind you and move on but your heart is still there wanting to find them.

It is all just so stressful...I too have given up in my mind so many times with no leads to follow. Each time your heart wins out and you keep hoping for the best and that someday we will have them back.

It is so easy to say don't give up but it is so hard not to.....know that
Spencer knows how much you love him and that he will be in your heart forever...no one can take that away from you.

There have been some amazing stories of them showing up so don't give up on that possibility.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:14 AM

Carly...I also know exactly how you feel.
You want to give up but at the same time you can't :sad: It's hard to know what else to do, where else to look or when to stop looking....
Reading your log and Shirley's keeps me hoping that someday we will all be reunited with our friends. There are some happy endings out there, hopefully it will get our turn soon.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
-

Carly, did you go back to that house with the 70's furniture since you have been back from Italy?
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Carly

There is a new bichon at the Hamilton SPCA under evaluation. It only shows a picture and no info...I cant tell if it could be Spencer but here is the pic from the site

Cindy

www.hamiltonspca.com
Attached Images

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:18 PM

Carly...I was looking at some shelters/rescues and found www.happytailsrescue.ca, they are a rescue for Bichon Frise and Maltese dogs located in Mississauga. They have a list of dogs available for adoption and those already adopted. Just thought it might be worth a look.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:56 PM

Chris, I have driven by that house a bunch of times since I have been back hoping to see something. I already spoke with the man in the house that one time..who told me he didn't have the dog. I don't think I should go back and knock on the door without anything else to tell me SPencer is in there. I don't know what I would say. Any ideas?
I keep making sure I tell everyone in that circle that I am missing my dog (like all the people who hang around with the man's grandson who lives next door). Maybe if he really did have him, someone who vists the grandson would find out and tell me. (I didn't say I suspected anyone though..I just said I was missing my dog etc etc).

SIL, thanks for the website. That's one of the ones I look at all the time. Also, yes, I hear many many stories about dogs comming back after a long time. I jsut read one about a dog who came back after 9 months. THe journey reminded me a lot of Shirley's journey actually. In the end, they got the dog back. Maybe we will too.

Also, thank you for the hamilton spca picture. That isn't spencer though ..but thanks anyways.

Last edited by Carlyg; August 2nd, 2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
-

Carly, on your post on May 24th, you mentioned that it is your brother's friends grandparents, can he not do a little more delving for you? Also, I don't know how expensive it is, what about a Private Eye. If these people have Spencer they would have to take the dog out and he would be able to get a photograph. They do it for insurance companies and all kinds of other situations.
Old August 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM

hey,
it's my brother's *old* friend's grandparents. THey went to elementary school/highschool together but that was a while ago. I don't know; the whole thing is just weird. Like I said, I have like a bunch of people who know those guys informed.

My parents probably wouldn't go for an investigator. Mostly because the details are from some "animal psychic" ..and a lady who claimed she saw a dog there. I need some concrete stuff. (ALthough, the guy at the door was so weird..that's what creeps me out).

The guy from England emailed us again...he says he still ahs the dog and he wants us to pay the vet bills cuz the dog got sick,...my parents are thinking about taking it to the police now..to see what happens.
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
-

Do you have some kind of proof that the guy is actually in England or just says that he is. If not, he could live just down the road, hypothetically of course.
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Well, he gave us an international phone number. He answers it when we call. I don't know if that means he is in England because apparently you can have an international number anywhere. That's just what I heard, I don't know for sure.
Old August 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Carly,did this man ever e-mail you a photo,not one on your posters,if he is legit he should be able to take a close-up clear pic of Spencer,from all angles.
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
cat slave

sorry to be negative, but why would someone in ENGLAND have it?
You cna't just take any dog overseas. He would've had to have taken it to a vet for checkup and for proper shots. ALso , England has a 6 month quarantine period when you bring a dog in(last i heard) so personally i wouldn't take a dog and bring it to Britain because of that.

think twice before you make a decision. Have the police trace the # you used. I think you're getting played.There are a lot of frauds out there

that you find him
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I think the six-month quarantine - at least for dogs from Canada - has been lifted.
That being said, I agree with jiorji, this guy is just twisted. Did he tell you how he got the dog? I would refuse to communicate with him unless he sends pictures, the only true proof. I would also set up a special hotmail account to receive them, that you could delete later, I wouldn't give him your personal email.
It is very easy to play with telephone systems, to make a number look like it is offshore. Or not. I'd call the police and see if they have any advice. This is just cruel.

Last edited by badger; August 5th, 2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:51 AM

ya, we already know it's a fraud and the guy is twisted. I'm seeing comments from new people, so I'll update. These e-mails happened months ago...in about May. I already asked him numerous questions and he sent one picture but he couldn't give me useful informaition. (eg tatoo, collar etc)

Just recently, however, (2 days ago), he started e-mailing again saying he still has him. THe only reason we are still conversing with him at this point, is to see what information we can get out of him to see if the police could do anything about it. Maybe see whether or not he is in England or in Canada, charge hiim with mischief..I don't know. That's about it.
Old August 13th, 2007, 12:38 AM

I put up more posters all around the wal mart parking lot and the movie theater in our area. I was talking to my friend and she, like a couple other people, told me she hasn't seen any of my posters yet. I thought *everyone* had seen them by now..everywhere I turn I see a poster (or a place where a poster once was). A couple people have said this...so I am kind of hopeful that maybe someone did pick up spencer off the street and they just havn't seen a poster yet.

Usually if you have seen a lost dog, you would look for hte posters but maybe they just didn't...but one day they will see one and call the number. It's a very lame hope but I think it could be a possibility. I remember a couple months ago when I put little flyers right in people's windshields of their cars, I would watch them drive away without even taking it out. People just are not that observant.

I don't care how ridiculous that sounds, but even if I just put up one a day..that's one more place where somone will find out about my dog. I said this before, but the lady at the animal shelter said "make him too much of a hot topic to keep"..so that's what I'm still trying to do.