Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! > Senior cats

Old September 18th, 2014, 09:49 PM

I refuse the rabies shots on all my cats, they are entirely indoor cats and have gotten shots when younger. Our dog gets one. My vets aren't too happy about it, but after giving me a lecture about how a bat could get in the house, they let it go.
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I am not sure where you live but more places are requiring cats to get rabies shots , I had to give my dog a flu shot if I wanted to bring him the groomer and playgroup . I did not want to do this but the vet it the only place that made sure all the dogs are up to date on their shots before going to his office , he own the grooming and doggies playgroup too.
Old September 24th, 2014, 03:50 AM

I find it to be absolute bull that they force people to have their pets vaccinated for some things...My cats are 100% in door cats...there is no way they can get rabies.
Well...some news, My parents are allowing me to keep Willow in my room! She has been living in my room with me since Weds and she has not urinated OR defecated on ANYTHING in my room!!! She has been happily using her litter box! I am so proud of her...
In more sad news...My parents are forcing me to surrender her sister (she pees everywhere and refuses to use HER litterbox)...So she is going to a can sanctuary on this weds (not tomorrow)...
I am really sad, but the people who run the place are happy to take her in with open arms.
So, there is some bitter-sweet news...Willow is doing much better in my room with me (and seems healthier!) but her sister is leaving us...

Tags
cat illness old