Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM

MISSING CAT - Oakville

Missing
Very friendly female brown tabby and white female Domestic short hair approx 10-11 months old Named Checkers missing since thursday november 25th from ripley court area in oakville (6th line and culham area. Near white oaks high shcool)
She is Spayed and microchipped .
We have posted ALOT of posters , Set a trap , put her litter scatterd around the yard , called oakville humane and filled out a lost report and have gone in to veiw their animals .I am hoping someone will see this
Attached Images

Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Instead of scattering her litter around the yard you could try just putting a box on your porch/steps. Once litter is spread it losing it's "potency". It may be more effective to be left in one area rather than spread.
When you went to the Oakville HS did you ask to see the feral and sick rooms as well? It could be your kitty acted feral because of fright so she would have been put in that room. Unfortunately they are also the first to be euthanized. If she acted feral they probably did not check for a microchip. Cats can be very friendly when in a familiar environment but turn absolutely wild when in unfamiliar territory.
Is there any new construction going on around your area where your kitty may have wandered into an area and been closed in? If that is the case it would not hurt to check it out too.
Good luck. Checkers looks a lot like one of mine in the first picture.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the response 14+ ,
She was actually recently adopted so I do know she acts fine in a shelter enviorment , She also was in the shelter for running into someones house.. So we are thinking she might have done that agian and the people are keeping her .
The litter is spread in clumps around the back yard , I think i should have explained that a little better . Its not just put down lightly . Its in clumps to mark the corners of the back yard .
I worked in Animal shelters and spca's for 4 years so I'm doing what we were always told to tell people to do. I have sone everything but post on the internet so thats what i am spending today doing, fingers crossed
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:37 PM

I hope you find her, but another thing you can try through my humane's society's website is to, if you have access to it, try and put a baby moniter outside, a woman in Waterlool actually found her lost cat that way, heard it meowing at 3am.

You don't happen to live near a garden centre in Oakville do you? There is a reason for me asking this....I don't want to post it at this moment in time, but if you do, please PM me. Don't worry it's a good thing.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassylemon View Post
I hope you find her, but another thing you can try through my humane's society's website is to, if you have access to it, try and put a baby moniter outside, a woman in Waterlool actually found her lost cat that way, heard it meowing at 3am.

You don't happen to live near a garden centre in Oakville do you? There is a reason for me asking this....I don't want to post it at this moment in time, but if you do, please PM me. Don't worry it's a good thing.

sassylemon - she won't be able to PM you. She hasn't got enough posts yet. You could pm her and she can chose to answer - or not.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:17 AM

sassylemon- I do not live near a garden center but thats not to say she didnt hitch a ride there(expecially with the way the weather is right now if she went up into an engine looking for a warm spot) please PM me with more details, We are willing to drive any distance to see if it could be her
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Senior Contributor

TexsMom,If you can put posters with a pic,on the bulletin-boards in local grocery-stores maybe someone will notice.
That's how I found the owners of a cat I'd been feeding in my front-yard.
Good luck with your girl
Hitching a ride in the engine of a car,is often fatal to a cat,so I hope that's not what she's done,but I am pretty sure our HS would notify you if that had happened.
Unlike many HS our Oakville HS also pick up animals found dead or injured on the road.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM

Thanks Chico ,
Our neighbourhood is plasterd with posters , We will hit up the grocery stores tomorrow in hopes some one has seen her . I realize it can be fatal but I have also heard of some cats getting around like that. Or hoping into someones car or truck and getting out somewhere else . We are going to go to burlington and mississauga tomorrow to see if shes at one of them too.
I realize we are lucky that they do pick up dead animals and they also scan them for microchips.
We just keep hoping she will come home soon
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:12 PM

TexsMom-

My aunt feeds the local feral cat population at a garden centre called Buelow's (sp?). When a cat/cats end up being tame enough to come around. She catches them, takes them to the vet for a check up, spay or netuer if need be and takes them home to give them a better life. She has about 7 cats right now. If Checkers ended up somewhere around there, and she acted friendly she may have ended up at my aunts house. (She would never take a cat that she knew was someone's pet though---intentionally) If she have gotten dirty or something. She even keeps a bag of cat food in her trunk to feed cats she sees when she drives. She is not from Oakville though

It may be worth your while to take a drive over there with a flier or two to see if anyone has seen her. Actually the garden centre I go to has lots of cats, maybe check the other ones too

I hope you find her though
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I know that place,it's on 370 South Service Rd,the owners name is Bulow.
I am surprised he allows anyone to feed strays there,he did not use to like cats.
It would be great if she made her way there,it bit far though.
I just read that she is microchipped,that's great.
for her return home
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:42 PM

Chico- My aunt is an animal lover and would do anything for cats and probably wouldn't tell her boss she was doing it. LOL I didn't know how far it was from her, but none the less I know my aunt would be looking for that cat.
Old December 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Senior Contributor

sassylemon,yes it is a bit far from 6th line/culham ,but hopefully there are more animal-lovers like your aunt around