Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old August 20th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Dog food forum...

I'm opening a new thread to ask for a dog food forum- perhaps a sub-forum under the pet-health section, or just convert the recipe section into just a "Food" section...
Old August 20th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Okay here goes, hope I dont get blasted for this as I am not a dog food expert. Joeys former owner fed him Eukanuba lamb and rice and that is what I still feed him.

Is that good food or is there something better, I havent considered switching him as he is already six and is accustomed to this food. He also loves vegtables he ate a piece of asparagus tonight. He will also eat carrots, bananas, apples and grapes. He has not refused any food I have offered him yet. Which is all healthy no meatloaf, or sausages and only on occasion.
Old August 20th, 2005, 07:46 PM

LOL THIS is why we need a forum!!!

JEM, I would leave his diet be for a bit. He just had his life change completely- it's enough for now, especially if he is doing well on it. Maybe later on you can post another thread and get swamped with food ideas...
Old August 20th, 2005, 07:52 PM

I feed Sprint Pedigree Healthy Vitality Active Lifestyle Recipe. So far this is the only food that doesn't give him horrible gas, when my sister had him, she tried several different types.
Old August 20th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Personal servant to Joey

Well thats good. I read on the other thread that Eukanuba is horrible and now I feel guilty as I do want the best for my little guy. We bought a huge bag of it so we will wait until it is gone before we make any changes or if we decide to make any changes.
Old August 20th, 2005, 08:02 PM

gdamadg- No offense, but nothing Pedigree makes is great food. If your dog doesn't do well on any of the good foods, then you have no choice, but if you ever want to move up, just ask and we'll refer you to some good foods.

JEM- My doggies were on Euk Lamb and rice before they went on Solid Gold. Jemma started getting ear infections so I switched. Even without the infections, after what I have learned about the horrible animal testing (torture is more fitting than testing) that Euk and Iams do, I could never support them. On top of that, Euk causes lameness and stiffness in some doggies, so watch out for that.

By the way, the change in coat shine and softness is INCREDIBLE with the solid gold. It's amazing. You think they're healthy, and then you realize they weren't.