Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 11th, 2004, 11:17 AM

I gotta tell you Mona, I have been called a lot of things in life but what she called me is a first. Guess she made the assumption I was a guy!!!!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:38 AM
banned user

1John44...Your not a guy????Well blow me down!!!!! lol!

I don't run my kid into the doctors over fevers and sniffles either.
My kid made it to 16.

With the dogs and cats. I don't run them in unless I know there is nothing i can do to help them. There for while it was once a month.. But there was extreme circumstances.

As for Spay/neutering question. I live in a crappy neighbour hood when dogs or cats are bred they are either tossed into the dumpster or at the HS. Motzi...her litter didn't make it because she threw the rest of the pups in the dumpster....but all the pups were very ill...the 7 kittens were never found and presumed in the dumpster too. The 2 hamsters were frozen to the steps. No one can say for sure their dog won't get out...but making a litter of pups is irresponsible. There is no good reason not to have a dog spayed or neutered.....go take a look in the rescue shelters and in the HS and look those dogs in the eye. Or better yet go when they put the dogs down and see how over populated the places are. I have never had litter of pups other then on the farms. But I had no control over that as I was a girl. No one wants to see more dogs go to these places. Its heartbreaking to go see these dogs and see how much they want to live but can't because the place is too full. Sad very sad!
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:43 AM

Nope very much a woman, and have been since the day I was born! The name comes from a bible verse! Didn't think about people assuming I was a guy! guess i could change it if you want me to!
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:16 PM
banned user

Nah don't change it!!!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Glad you think so! I picked that verse out because it is something I am trying to remember everyday! This helps me to think abou it more!
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I think she did too....Hey,that means she made the "assumption" that you were a guy.LMAO....Oh I crack me up.

But I do remember you saying in one of your posts that you are a woman.

Who says blondes are not bright.
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:20 PM

Bright is all in your perception! I think MOST of the people I have talked to in these threads are very BRIGHT. I have really enjoyed chatting with most of you!
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I feel the same way

I have had a great time on here.I have also learnt alot on here.

I have had alot of laughs too.

Hubby said he's going to become an internet widow cause I'm on here alot.This site the most.So I asked him,would it be better if I was in a chat room?You should have seen the look.So I told him he should be thankful i'm not and that I'm on a clean(semi clean) site talking about pets.
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:31 PM

My husband is lucky. I spend all day at work on the computer so I rarely get on it at home. I work for a construction company so right now is the dead time, and I surf the web all day trying to stay awake!
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL.

I would so the same
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:37 PM

I was a little shocked when I discovered most of you are from Canada! I have never been there and that is one of mine and my husbands future plans. We will go to Canada on vacation. We ahve even talked about packing up and moving up there. Tired of the hussle and bussle down here! We like the country and peace and quite! (well, when you block out the meow and bark it is quite!)
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Chocolate

LMAO @ Mona!

I gotta tell that one to my bf... pets.ca is #1 on my list... along w emails..

sorta glad we had a thread-jacking.. lol
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Senior Contributor

oh dear, what a sad thread. i feel really sad whenever i see this type of thread. Mizzerika, please note that most replies were actually giving straight advice, go to a vet, keep it warm ect (read my 2nd and 3rd post). now we said go to a vet, simple advice and good advice, that is what was originally sought with no guarantees given on the delivery of the reply, and it is common sense that if an animal has a hole in it and a bad smell it needs to go to the vet immeadiatly. and everyone, i find that people can be quite harsh to each other on the internet in these sort of spaces, i think it is because the face to face aspect is gone, and that we are in our homes and will never meet the person we speak to. so lets all kiss and pat our pets, and realise how lucky we are to have such wonderful creatures touch our lives.
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:16 PM

I know I am jumping in at the end but....
Here's my 2 cents of the day

I think alot of things are written with a smile or atleast a feeling of concern, but the reader could interpert it to be said with a frown. It's like road rage sometimes people make mistakes driving and could be sitting in their car thinking "oh I am so sorry" but the person you just accidentally cut of is thinking "what a jerk, doesn't she know how to drive" When you aren't looking directly at a person you don't exactlly what they are meaning. Body lauguage has alot to do with a conversation.

I definaly think alot of help can come from this board, I have certainly received alot. When you ask a question you have to be prepared for the answer. Take a second and look at what is being told to you don't instantly get angry because its not what you were hoping to hear. If someone is telling you to take your animal to the vet they are not doing it becasue they want you to spend the money and laugh at you they are saying it because it is what they feel is the right thing to do. I'm sure if most people who get angry on here would look back and read their thread after they cooled down they would see they missed some great information. People are to quick to get their backs up now a days!!!

Sorry that was more like 10 cents
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:20 PM

I agree. One of the classes I have had to take for my degree was about communication and how it has changed with e-mail. It is so easy to misunderstand because the tone, and all is gone. That is why I stopped and decided I wasn't going any deeper! I am ashamed that I allowed myself to go that far as it is, no need in making it worse. I came on here for some advice, made some internet friends and enjoy chatting with them. No need to ruin it with anger and hurtfulness!
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Well I'm right am I not wAggie?

So if your hunny says anything,definately tell him the same thing I did.

Well said Heather

We all try to help.But the problem is that some people don't like to hear what we have to say.We give the best advise we can.We are animal lovers and are thinking of the animals best intrest.

None of us like to hear that an animal is suffering when it shouldn't be.And trust me,there have been quite a few.

And I do admit to being harsh at times.But of course there is a reason to be.It just ticks me off when I hear a dog/cat is VERY sick,but a person doesn't have the money to take them to a vet.It takes more then just feeding them and sheltering them.
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,Johnny I guess mizzErica told you !!!! I am surprised she was allowed on,oh well it takes all kinds
I am supposing you are in the US,or maybe waaay down under with the Roos like Melanie?
The site is Pets.ca and ca stands for Canada,there was even a girl on from Haiti and a girl US soldier in Iraq,trying to save a puppy she was not allowed to keep...so,we get around,which makes it interesting.
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:40 PM

Yup in in the US, Missouri actually. I didn't even stop to think about the CA just assumed it was part of the .com or .net thing! So is Canada big enough to hold a pet loving, child abusing person like me?
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Sure,lots of big empty spaces and friendly people from all over the world.
I have to comment on the blond thing....being from Sweden,I have been blond all my life(now mixed with whiteish grey!)
The fact is,most "dumb blondes"are brunettes ie.Pamela Andersson,Brittney Spears(or something like that),Marilyn Monroe(although I liked her),Jayne Mansfield etc...
oops..Chico is demanding attention,ouch!! His claws are in my chest...
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Hey now wait! I am a brunette (mixed with a lot of premature grey!)

I personally think most blondes that are "dumb" are simply playing that way to get others to do things for them. How much smarter can you get then that?
Old February 11th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Senior Contributor

oh well,what can I say
I am being serenaded by three cats....feeding time!!!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor

The greyish white in my hair,I call it silver.As in silver fox. ..Hehehehe.

OK OK,I call it stress.LOL.
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Chocolate

It's time I add ... that I think I saw my first grey/white(?) hair this morning...

maybe it was the glare of the light... maybe... hopefully?

Old February 11th, 2004, 10:05 PM

My husband swears his is just blonde highlights! He swears he doesn't have a single grey hair!
Old February 12th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Well I have to be honest,I think men with salt/pepper hair are very handsome.

When I was younger I went out with a fireman.He was italian with black hair,and had some grey in it.He was in his 30's and looked real good.

Ok,now I'm really going off topic here.LOL
Old February 12th, 2004, 09:06 AM

Off the topic but a lot of fun! Problem with my husband is that his hair isn't black, it is dirty blonde, so you barely see the grey!
Old February 12th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Senior Contributor

Boy,I think I started something here
How about Richard Gere,all grey....mmm
Hubbie and I are both 60(going on 25)so we deserve our whiteish streaks,happy empty-nesters
But then again,we have these 3 furry little things,sometimes more demanding than our kids!
Old February 12th, 2004, 09:43 AM

I can not wait until that day! And I have a long way to go. But what about Sean Connery! WOW, somethings get A LOT better with age!
Old February 12th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Senior Contributor

LOL @ chico.

Richard Gere?

OH YEAH BABY .I love that man

1john44.....I have a male friend who is blonde.He is greying on the sides alot.I think it looks reallllllllllllll good.

Way to go chico.Now i'm thinking of Richard Gere...Time for a cold shower.LMAO

And yes you did start something here.LOL
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:02 AM
banned user

Gosh I been grey since early 20's. Not a good thing for a woman So i admit that I'm a bottle burnette that has grey haired moments

I like the people here as I feel I have more in common with them. You all seem to have the same ideas about raising our 4 legged friends.

I know some things but I find every day there is more to learn about them. Famous quote " Expect the unexpected" That has been the story with mine. What's simple isn't and what's a disaster really isn't.