Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 29th, 2010, 06:23 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

aaaaaw minimoo given hims sick little brother some lovins,,,love the close up too..
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
aaaaaw minimoo given hims sick little brother some lovins,,,love the close up too..
I think it would be sad to separate them That Blackie is one sweet boy

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:36 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I think it would be sad to separate them That Blackie is one sweet boy
nice try sunshine....lol,,,i think its going to be a large learning curve for grace having one furball bouncing around on her in bed let alone two.
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
nice try sunshine....lol,,,i think its going to be a large learning curve for grace having one furball bouncing around on her in bed let alone two.
But, but, but you know the argument we use, two is less work than one , they will occupy themselves and exhaust themselves.

Grace is going to fall in love with this little girl very quickly. They are all like their momma, so lovable.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ok so, looks like one of the others has some issues too. Runny eyes. I have some meds here. Will talk to my vet tomorrow to see what, if anything, I can give them. I'm a little confused. Is MiniMoo a boy or a girl? If a girl does that change things aslan? Do you still want her?
Blackie doesn't look too bad. Has he eaten anything at all? Still nursing? I am letting you make up your mind about him coming or not. I'm crossing my fingers he can make it. It would be a shame to separate him at this age.
Momma does look beautiful. She needs some weight on her but that's easily taken care of. I am so looking forward to this gang.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Minimoo and tipsy (black one) are male
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:00 PM
-

the close up of the little white and tabby face is minimoo 14+,,his eyes have looked like that since the first pic i saw of him. I'm pretty sure cpietra said mm was a boy,,but wouldn't matter either way.

and love4,,,i have no doubt mm's favorite thing is going to be qman and all his fluff.
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Ok so, looks like one of the others has some issues too. Runny eyes. I have some meds here. Will talk to my vet tomorrow to see what, if anything, I can give them. I'm a little confused. Is MiniMoo a boy or a girl? If a girl does that change things aslan? Do you still want her?
Blackie doesn't look too bad. Has he eaten anything at all? Still nursing? I am letting you make up your mind about him coming or not. I'm crossing my fingers he can make it. It would be a shame to separate him at this age.
Momma does look beautiful. She needs some weight on her but that's easily taken care of. I am so looking forward to this gang.
I will be sending them on with l-lysine that the vet prescribed. He doesn't look bad, but it was his shivering and slight temperature that got me concerned. When the vet looked in his mouth there was a sore consistent with calici.

He has licked at some food, but it is like a conveyor belt of food going down there. I stopped feeding them for the last couple of hours and will separate him to monitor his eating. If he is still nursing, and I think he is, then he may not be hungry because of that . Anyway, I am just getting ready to feed them now. Will let you know how they eat.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Contributor

L4H, from the picture the black and white female looks like her eyes are runny too....good lord...I feel so helpless...they were all on Bio88, 87, and R1, homeopathic meds which strengthen the immune system...now I'm at a loss.
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:12 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
I will be sending them on with l-lysine that the vet prescribed. He doesn't look bad, but it was his shivering and slight temperature that got me concerned. When the vet looked in his mouth there was a sore consistent with calici.

He has licked at some food, but it is like a conveyor belt of food going down there. I stopped feeding them for the last couple of hours and will separate him to monitor his eating. If he is still nursing, and I think he is, then he may not be hungry because of that . Anyway, I am just getting ready to feed them now. Will let you know how they eat.

That's what I had thought. If he's still nursing maybe he isn't too hungry. That is a good thing. At least there's some nourishment. I will keep a very close eye on him.
cpietra - what shots did they get at the vets? I will need to know that info to pass on to my own vet. If they are still sick I will take them to her for a checkup.
L4 - I have a whole tub of L-lysine here. If you'd like to keep that at your house for yours it's ok.
If the little one is licking at food there's lots of hope for him.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
150% PRO S/N

Before I forget again L4 - that Sweet Pea is one BIG kitty!!!!!!!!!!!

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok, I just spoke to the rescue here and the vets and all the kittens except for mommy were given the Basic Purevax vaccine which covers, Rhino, Panaleucepenia, and Calcivirus...... so I'm not sure if it is possible that Tipsy (black one) may have gotten the calcivirus from the vaccine?????

Mommy did not get anything because she was panting and very stressed and had diarrhea. They were worried that giving her the vaccine would make things worse.

She had another appointment on the 30 of the month.
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Uh oh, we have another problem, aslan, DH has fallen in love with Minimoo so you have a fight on your hands.

BLACKIE ATE ALL HIS DINNER WITH HIS LYSINE IN IT . He is going to be just fine. Hoping the trip tomorrow doesn't cause it to get worse

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Before I forget again L4 - that Sweet Pea is one BIG kitty!!!!!!!!!!!
My mother said she needed a girdle . It was the last litter of 7 kittens that did it to her

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:32 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
Ok, I just spoke to the rescue here and the vets and all the kittens except for mommy were given the Basic Purevax vaccine which covers, Rhino, Panaleucepenia, and Calcivirus...... so I'm not sure if it is possible that Tipsy (black one) may have gotten the calcivirus from the vaccine?????

Mommy did not get anything because she was panting and very stressed and had diarrhea. They were worried that giving her the vaccine would make things worse.

She had another appointment on the 30 of the month.
I will try to get mom in to the vet for a check up once she has settled a bit. Has she been dewormed at all?
Thanks for letting me know the shots. What I read about the virus is that it is in their system for about two weeks after contact before showing up. Chances are he had it before you got him.

Quote:
Uh oh, we have another problem, aslan, DH has fallen in love with Minimoo so you have a fight on your hands.

Pretty sure aslan can take him L4.

BLACKIE ATE ALL HIS DINNER WITH HIS LYSINE IN IT . He is going to be just fine. Hoping the trip tomorrow doesn't cause it to get worse
Yay!!! That's great news!!!

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:43 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
My mother said she needed a girdle . It was the last litter of 7 kittens that did it to her
Oh poor baby! I figured it was your good cooking that did it.

Speaking of - what are kitties eating? Wellness? Or something else? I want to keep them on what they are familiar with for a good while. And Mommy too.

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ they have all been dewormed....they have no parasites.
Both mom and babies were on raw (not my own..sorry) and they had access to dry all day where they could nibble. The dry was either, wellness or Oven Baked Tradition chicken.
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
-

Quote:

You tell hubby that i'm already down one kitty(frosty),,so he can have minimoo,,but i get Jasper.

pssst 14+ i've met love4's hubby,,,he has big a$$ muscles..
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:49 PM
-

i guess this would be a good time to ask how old the kitties are huh..
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:54 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
14+ they have all been dewormed....they have no parasites.
Both mom and babies were on raw (not my own..sorry) and they had access to dry all day where they could nibble. The dry was either, wellness or Oven Baked Tradition chicken.
Crap! I guess I dig out my grinder tomorrow and make an emergency bunch of raw or try to convince them they like Wellness canned. I'll have to find time to do some raw up. No problem!

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Oh poor baby! I figured it was your good cooking that did it.

Speaking of - what are kitties eating? Wellness? Or something else? I want to keep them on what they are familiar with for a good while. And Mommy too.
The kittens prefer raw, momma likes raw mixed with cat food. They get three plates, one just raw, one Kitten Wellness and raw, and another Nature's Variety Instinct and raw.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 29th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
i guess this would be a good time to ask how old the kitties are huh..
They are tiny, wonder what qman is going to think when he sees such a wee bitty thing.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
The kittens prefer raw, momma likes raw mixed with cat food. They get three plates, one just raw, one Kitten Wellness and raw, and another Nature's Variety Instinct and raw.
Ok. I'll try to find some time to run down and get some chicken and stuff tomorrow and whip up a bunch for them. That's after I feed the others and finish the newbie's house for them. Should leave me lots of time to sit and relax for about two minutes before they get here.
I already have some Wellness dry here. Core too but I would think that's too much for their little bellies. They'll have lots to eat.

Old June 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
You tell hubby that i'm already down one kitty(frosty),,so he can have minimoo,,but i get Jasper.

DH would never give up his "bud", I guess I'll be transporting Minimoo.

pssst 14+ i've met love4's hubby,,,he has big a$$ muscles..
Hmmmmm, just had a thought, I could us DH to kidnap TT

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 29th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Aslan, the Kittens were born on April 11, 2010.
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM
-

Quote:
i'm thinking a protective mamma 14+ could take a kidnapping dh anytime..
Old June 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Ok. I'll try to find some time to run down and get some chicken and stuff tomorrow and whip up a bunch for them. That's after I feed the others and finish the newbie's house for them. Should leave me lots of time to sit and relax for about two minutes before they get here.
I would just cut up some chicken and/or beef and mix it with their cat food. If you have fresh eggs, a small bit of raw egg yolk will give them extra B vitamins to help their immune system. As long as they are not on this imbalanced diet for a period time, it shouldn't hurt them. I will send some taurine capsules down that you can break apart and sprinkle a pinch on their food.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old June 29th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
i'm thinking a protective mamma 14+ could take a kidnapping dh anytime..
Hmmmmmm, I didn't consider that, but I am thinking you are probably right.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

-

Quote:
They are tiny, wonder what qman is going to think when he sees such a wee bitty thing.
you ladies forget,,qman's bestest buddy is a tiny little fluffy chinchilla, so once he's used to his tail being used as a kitty toy he'll be fine.
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Ummm ok, you could try. Just know that hubby is pretty darned big himself. And my oldest stepson - walking testosterone.

Quote:
Aslan, the Kittens were born on April 11, 2010.
Thanks cpietra!! I asked that waayyyy back in this thread! Nice to know. So they are almost three months. Guesstimates on Mom's age?