Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 15th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Revolution on Rose?

I think I found some flea poop on Puddles so I need to put revolution on the kittes.

Any idea how to do Rose who won't even let me hold her while she is on the ground?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Slave to the Kitties

If she lets you pet her, you can get revolution on. I have a cat (squirt), that gets earmites often, and i cant get near his ears, but if i have the little vial open and ready to go, i pet him, and squirt the stuff out of the tube at the same time. Its quick, i am done by the time he notices i have something in my hand.
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I can barely pat Rose. A couple of days ago I tried just to put my two hands around her chest to stop her and she went into a panic :sad:. I just don't know how to hold her still long enough to get Revolution on the back of her neck. I know she will absolutley go

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 15th, 2009, 08:00 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ahh, give me directions to your place. I'll be there tomorrow morn to put the stuff on her. I have so many scratches now from worming my gang yesterday what's a few more.
Actually, I have no scratches. All of the kitties were fantastic when I pilled them. It was great.
So...... have you tried sitting on the floor of Roses' room with her favourite toy, waiting till she gets close enough to you that you can quickly reach out and part the fur in her neck/back region where the Revolution goes, retracting your hand, then quickly reaching out with the tube when her attention is on the toy again and squeezing it onto the spot? Your DH's help may come in handy to be the toy-player-wither. This can be done over the period of five minutes or so. No need to be in a hurry. If need be do it over the period of a couple of days. She will get used to you touching that part of her back and won't complain when you put the stuff on her.
Old August 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

The issue with Rose is that she has cat ADHD. She is extremely skittish and moves in very quick spurts. Her fur is like a siamese's, very short and very stiff, not soft like a normal kitty's. I don't think she would bite or scratch, she is very gentle, my fear is missing where I put the Revolution and her being able to lick it :sad:. I don't think she would need a full vial, she is so tiny. DH is the evil human that put her in a carrier, she is just getting to trust him again, so I don't want to do anything for her to mistrust him again.

I think I will try just sitting with her with an open vial and see if I can pat her enough to get some on the back of her neck. I'll have to work with two hands and I am not very coordinated

But if I need you 14+, just follow the 401 to 1000 Island Parkway exit, drive until you see the house that has the destroyed gardens from the deer and don't forget to bring TT for the drive

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM

I saw your video of her at feeding time, she gets so excited and Happy,Is it possible for you to quickly do it while she's eating?

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old August 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
But if I need you 14+, just follow the 401 to 1000 Island Parkway exit, drive until you see the house that has the destroyed gardens from the deer and don't forget to bring TT for the drive
NO!! Although TT and Rose would be a magnificent couple. They are both smallish and tabbies. So when I leave I may just have an extra carrier with me..... for Rose.
Good idea to get it on as fast as possible. As long as it's in the gereral area she will be ok. Are you sure Jasper wouldn't lick it off her anyway? That's the problem I have here. I put it on and all their buddies lick it off.
Old August 16th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

No, he only grooms Sweet Pea so I keep them seperated for a bit.

if you can get her in a carrier you can have her. Ohhhhh, that could be the other "test" for the potential adopter .

Rose's experience with carriers:

Taken away from her home, the "warehouse"
Taken away from her second home, cpietra's
Taken to the vet to be spayed, vet doesn't want to keep her overnight because she wants to put her back in the carrier while still under anesthetic .
Taken to the Humane Society to be put in a cage

She doesn' take to carriers very well

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 16th, 2009, 11:51 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
No, he only grooms Sweet Pea so I keep them seperated for a bit.

if you can get her in a carrier you can have her. Ohhhhh, that could be the other "test" for the potential adopter .

Rose's experience with carriers:

Taken away from her home, the "warehouse"
Taken away from her second home, cpietra's
Taken to the vet to be spayed, vet doesn't want to keep her overnight because she wants to put her back in the carrier while still under anesthetic .
Taken to the Humane Society to be put in a cage

She doesn' take to carriers very well
Totally understand her adversion to carriers. I don't blame her. I had a fighter this morning too who didn't want to go in one. And yes, I agree. It is another test for adopters. But we all know Rose is where Rose is going to stay.
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Can DH help you? I remember when Czari was outside, and still did not really allow herself to be picked up. I'd just get Miguel to get hold of her. I had to work fast though. I put it as high up as I could, but still in the area suggested.

I also read a bit of the information in the package. If I remember correctly, it stated that if they did lick it, it would not be hugely harmful. It would likely produce vomiting and general yucky feeling. So in case they do lick some it won't be detrimental to them. I felt a little better about using Revolution after I read that.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:

Hey!! It just hit me!! You said if I could get her in the carrier I could have her!! Does that mean you would trust me with your girl?
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Hey!! It just hit me!! You said if I could get her in the carrier I could have her!! Does that mean you would trust me with your girl?
Oh yes, very few I would, but you would be one. But I guess there will be one more test: Getting past a screaming hysterical woman . I have a feeling she isn't going anywere

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Can DH help you? I remember when Czari was outside, and still did not really allow herself to be picked up. I'd just get Miguel to get hold of her. I had to work fast though. I put it as high up as I could, but still in the area suggested.

I also read a bit of the information in the package. If I remember correctly, it stated that if they did lick it, it would not be hugely harmful. It would likely produce vomiting and general yucky feeling. So in case they do lick some it won't be detrimental to them. I felt a little better about using Revolution after I read that.
She panics if I do anything more than patting. And she still doesn't trust DH because he was the carrier man.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Oh yes, very few I would, but you would be one. But I guess there will be one more test: Getting past a screaming hysterical woman . I have a feeling she isn't going anywere
See now, that would be the hardest test to meet. I knew she was home a long time ago. Long before you took her to the shelter.
And thank you for that great honour.