Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Senior Contributor

WOW, is all I can say, it sounds like you are on the right track now with Bennie. congratulaions Lyrical!!!!
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Animals Are My Life <3

Whoo hoo! Alright Bennie! Sounds good hun, keep it up! Giving him a job to do is wonderful
Old October 9th, 2009, 03:29 PM

Thanks guys Im really happy with him, and sooo proud. He still pulls me around a bit, but we are working on that too, Thins seem to be looking up, I had to correct him a few times last night, about the floor where he tore the peice of, and tell him "No" because he was trying to scratch it, although I am pretty sure now that its a smell he has been attracted to, and I am going to spray that spot with the mixture that was suggested to me for Whiskeys tinkling. I'll keep you posted on his progress
Old October 9th, 2009, 06:25 PM

I am soooo excited, and REALLY proud of meee and bennie.

I tested him again today, make sure he still understood his training, and he sits AND stays very well when I tell him to. Without a treat!! Now I am working on "down" so he will lie down, I did it twice where I had to tap the floor, and the third thim I didnt have to tap, he understood Yay!

THANKS SOOO MUCH for all the tips and advice, I dont know if I would have been able to do this much without it all. Thank you!!

Will still keep you posted
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Animals Are My Life <3

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM

My epic trials with Bennie continue, but I want to keep all of you who have given me such great advice updated, and Im really proud of Bennie, and I so I just wanna, glow in the glory a little bit lol.

I mentioned the "Sit" and "down" were amazingly successful, "down" is still a little of a point at the floor with the hand holding the treat, but he is learning and that makes me happy.

I was actually starting to think I wouldnt be able to train him, becuase he just wouldnt listen to me, but I dont think thats the case anymore. Thank goodness!!

Anyways, today I added "leave it" to his training routine, and although it took alot of, take the treat away, make him sit down, try again. He did it. He ACTUALLY left the treat alone, where I put it, and didnt touch it until I pointed at it, and let him have it!!! I was so happy I almost hugged him, but that involves alot of yukky drool, and an attempted jump hug, so I didnt.

Thats the update at the moment. I thought you all might like to hear!
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM

Been absent a few days, kind of preoccupied atm, but thought I would come update you guys. Still doing well with sit and down, "leave it" is somewhat difficult for Bennie, but we are still working on it. Working hard on his jumping problems, but he doesnt seem to be chewing random thjngs anymore, and my Landlord has decided she likes him, so thats kind of a good thing.

I'll post in a couple days again probably...Thanks for all the help again guys..
Old October 19th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Hiya everyone.

Been busssy lol. Just thought I would pop in and let you know that Bennie is learning well, and doing wonderful Still a big silly puppy sometimes, but he knows his simple commands really well now, and actually lies down, and sits, without a treat Im thrilled with his progress, and wanted to say thanks again for all the tips and help Thankies
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM

Poppin in,

Bennie is doing wonderful. He has pretty much learned to walk on a leash, but still has his moment, to be expected. He still wont learn to stop jumping, which is killing me lol, but we are working at it.

I just thought I would stop in and say thank you very much for all your help