Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 14th, 2004, 12:38 AM

Question 8 Wk Puppy pees 5 times in a row?

I got another Cocker Spaniel puppy about a week ago, and at first she was showing pretty consistent elimination behavior = she'd go about every 3 hours. Now when I take her out, she pees about 5-6 times in a row.. just walks around and pees, all 5 times within 2 minutes. After I "think" she's done, I'll take her in but she'll sometimes still go another 2-3 times. I never had this happen with my other Cocker who's almost 2 now. Can anybody explain this behavior?

Also her bowel movements have gotten weird too. She used to go consistently after she eats a meal, when she wakes up, and before bed. Now she just goes in the morning and at night, but she goes about 2-3 times in a row within 10 minutes. She eats approx. 9am, 2pm, 8pm. She eats dry kibble all 3 times, yet her stool is still very soft/borderline liquid. She just had a check-up at the vet and her stool is health/parasite-free. Anyone have any advice?
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Just because your puppy recently was seen by a vet does not mean something can be going on now. Loose stools are always a concern at any age.I would check with your vet to be on the safe side.
Sometimes puppies will drink more water than they need, "puppy play"..they have a fascination with making water move and in their play drink alot. Then pee alot too. She seems a little young for a uti but I would have her checked by a vet to rule it out. Whenever in doubt, call your vet!