Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM
-

Sil, there is a post on the THS site for a min-pin that someone has found, it does say male (could be a typo), approx. 6 years old found in the High Park area wearing a black harness?
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM

Hi Chris...Shirley had already emailed me regarding this post however it does state that it is a male. I felt really dumb but I still emailed the person to double check and I'm waiting for her reply. There seems to be alot of min pins out there in the last few days...unfortunately they are all male :sad:
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM
-

Sil, I was looking on the site from the Kennel Inn in Aurora and they have a doberman X? for adoption, they list her as a stray and puppy. It probably is not Billie but maybe you want to check it out. Good Luck.
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:20 PM

Hi Chris...thanks for the post. It definitely isn't Billie...she is just a puppy and Billie is already spayed :sad: She is a cutie though...hope she finds a good home. The male min pin is back at the west animal shelter :sad: I wish people would pick up their pets from the shelters, it's sad to see them so lonely in their cages.
Just thought I'd post another picture of Billie...as you can see she is going a little gray
Attached Images

Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM

Hi...Billie's breeder emailed me her tattoo number...it is H2L4K
I will be adding that to the posters so hopefully it will help.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 06:49 PM

SIL
how long have you had Billie for? I reallly want Spencer's tatoo number but it has been 9 years since we got him from the breeder. Do you think they would still have it? ..I'm goingn to try the vet on wednesday, but if they don't have it I want to call the breeder. SHe might think I'm crazy though
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:01 AM

I had a collect call yesterday from someone who says they have Billie. I wasn't home to pick it up so I didn't get to talk to him :sad: Maybe it was good that I wasn't home...he never called back so I'm thinking it might have been a hoax. I'm hopeful that it wasn't so we'll see what happens
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:55 PM

Oh I hope so. Be careful, just in case..but I really hope so....he didn't leave a number?
Old August 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM

There was no number left...all I heard was the message from the operator on my answering machine asking if I would take the collect call and him saying 'I think I have your dog'. The *69 didn't show anything and I called the operator to see if I could get his number and they said there was no way they could tell so...I'll have to wait and see what happens.
Old August 1st, 2007, 08:52 PM
banned user

Oh Sil..I am hoping so much that this is not a hoax and that is really
Billie...strange that it would be collect...when you accept a collect call you would get their number...unless it was a payphone. Here's hoping it is
Billie!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM

Well...unfortunately the collect call was a hoax He called again and was just rude. Oh well that's the first prank call we have received
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
-

I'm so sorry. Human beings can be horribly cruel creatures.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Senior Contributor

SIL,I am so sorry there are so many idiots out there playing with peoples emotions.
I was hoping at the end of this post I would find Billie back home,it's just so darn sad,all these missing dogs... Billie will find his way home soon.
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:22 AM

Well...no updates on Billie but Today is Billie's 7th BIRTHDAY!!!
I really wish she could be with us to celebrate it, like we did every year....
She's been gone for over 3 months now and it's been harder and harder not to loose hope.
Attached Images

Old August 11th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Billie,wherever you are,I hope you're safe,but have not forgotten the family who misses you and love you very much...please come home
Old August 18th, 2007, 08:10 PM

Hi....There are still no sightings of Billie
I will be going away for a week and unfortunately will not have internet and/or phone access to keep checking the sites. I would really appreciate it if you could keep an eye out for our Billie. Her tattoo # is H2L4K.
Thanks in advance.

SIL
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Sil, I saw this on a website I was browsing today..I realise it most likely isnt your Billie but here it is:

Home Needed for Miniature Pinscher

I have rescued a Min-pin about 10 years old and in good health. Cujo is a lovable and affectionate pet who is looking for a good home. He gets on well with other dogs and children. He is very active despite his age. Please contact me by e-mail or by phone (416-846-2092) if you feel you can provide him with a loving home. Located in Mississauga.

It was from this link
http://www.infopet.ca/homes.htm

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Winston/Cindy thanks for the information. I emailed him with details of Billie just in case.
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

So sorry..but I am always looking for Billie and Spencer!! when I browse some of these sites! you just never know!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

it is Billie
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:27 PM

Unfortunately it wasn't Billie. :sad:
Even though the post said it was a male and Billie is female I emailed them. The min pin has been in their family for 10 years and has a clipped tail.
Thanks for looking out for Billie
Old September 24th, 2007, 08:30 AM

Well...I put up more posters of Billie around the high schools...hope that helps now that school is back in. I also saw a story yesterday that a rottweiler was reunited with it's owner after 3 years...he was microchipped which Billie isn't but miracles do happen. Hopefully Shirley, Carly and I will have some luck as well.
Old September 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Contributor

You know SIL,we all hope andeveryone will get their pups back,including Shirley,Carly and everyone else,like you said,miracles do happen
Old October 5th, 2007, 09:50 AM

My son's school had an open house on Wednesday and, like Carly, I thought everybody knew about our missing Billie....but they didn't. I was talking to a neighbour and he hadn't seen any of our signs up I'll definitely be putting more up on the long weekend.
On a happy note, a friend of a friend had lost her little yorkie a couple of weeks ago and they have since been reunited She called asking what to do...after posting on the humane society's site, putting up posters and calling the shelters she received a call from Barrie and picked up her little girl.
Another happy ending!!!! that there are more to come....
Old October 5th, 2007, 10:57 AM
-

My thoughts are with you Sil, don't give up hope. I'm always on the lookout when I troll the sites, I'm sure everyone else on here does the same.
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM

hi, im soooooo sorry to hear about ur pup...i know exactly how u feel i just lost my dog Minnie on sept 29/07 jus last weekend i came home to hear this horrible news from my brother that she had gotten outta the backyard shes never done tht before but this is the first sat i ever had to work and my parents were up at the cottage so i think she missed us soo much she tried to come looking for us....i am absolutely devastated...its like losing a child to me everything makes me think about her its the worst thing that could have ever happened...ive done all the things u have....ive contacted all the humane societies and shelters in my area and gone to all my local vets and given them minnies info and ive put up posters as well...she wasnt wearing a collar but thank god shes micros-chipped...my thoughts are tht someone found her and decided to keep her:'( im hoping tht if that is the case they will eventually take her to the vet to make sure shes healthy and the vet will scan her and see shes reported lost....im keeping my fingers crossed for tht miracle to happen....but i hope to god you find ur puppy i will def keep my eyes open for yours as i hope u will do the same for mine!!!!!
Old October 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
banned user

Sil... I hope the one that just showed up in the West Toronto Animal Shelter is Billie No picture yet.
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Well..unfortunately the min pin wasn't Billie :sad:
While I was there someone came to claim their dog...they were mad because the dog had been brought into the shelter, it was found running around loose. He doesn't know how lucky he is...someone took the time to catch his dog and bring it in.
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:25 PM
banned user

Sil...I am so sorry it wasn't Billie. I was so hoping it would be..it is such a let down I know.
That person that was claiming their dog really doesn't understand how lucky they were that that was all they had to do to get their dog back.
We would count our blessings if given the same opportunity.
Once again, hang in there...one day you never know, we may get that call to go and pick them up.
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Shirley...I was really hoping it was Billie...being Thanksgiving and exactly 5 months since she went missing I was hoping for a miracle I've learned from this site that you can never give up. We'll get that special phone call one day and the parties can begin.