Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Found Puppy! Help!!!

I just found this cutie pie male puppy, I'm thinking chow-lab cross (I will post a pic asap) in the park. This nice man and I went and asked everyone there if they owned him or knew who did. No one did. His dog is male agressive, so I agreed to take him with me. Who do I call? Can I call anyone tonight, or do I have to wait until tomorrow?? I work tomorrow, and I don't want to leave him at home alone.... HELP!!!!!!!
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Definitely call the SPCA or the Berger Blanc, whichever is responsible for your area. If someone is looking for them, they may have reported it. I'm not certain you'll get someone tonight.

9825 Henri Bourassa East
Montreal, Quebec
H1C 1G5
Tel: 514-494-2002
info@bergerblanc.com
www.bergerblanc.com

Jean Talon SPCA Montreal
5215 Jean Talon Ouest
Montreal, Quebec
Tel: 514-735-2711
info@spca.com
www.spca.com
Old July 8th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks, he's at the SPCA now, and if no one claims him in a week, I told them to call me. I want that cutie. I've been thinking about a second dog for a while, and he and Layla got along sooo well! (and they look almost identical, because his hair is cut.. I think it's naturally longish) I hope the owners claim him, but if not, he'll have a home with us.
Old July 8th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Ahh! Puppy love! Seems so appropriate that you were the one to find him. I hope his owners come forward to claim him, but I also hope they don't so you can have him.
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:52 AM

I found a few dogs over winter and called the spca montreal. They were all reclaimed within a day.

Old July 8th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone, I'm really hoping that he wasn't a victim of the July 1st move. He's in really good condition (fed, hair trimmed) so he deffinately wasn't a stray. I finally got my camera to upload pics, so my next post will have them.
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Ok none of them are really good, it was midnight, and they wouldn't stop playing, he is the one with the leash on (and the cute bushy tail)

Old July 8th, 2006, 08:53 AM

OMG! He's so cute!!!!
Did you find him with a leash or a collar?
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

He had a collar, but no leash or tags. There were about 20 people in the park, and we asked all of them. Some had been there for quite some time and said that he had been there when they arrived (about 3 hours). Him and Layla got on like white on rice, which is why I was able to leash him so easily. If no one claims him, I will take him to my vet to see if he is chipped (in the event that the spca didn't scan him)
Old July 8th, 2006, 09:30 AM
-

WOW puppyluv,he looks (from the picture,maybe not) so much like Layla! Not putting any pressure but he looks like he belongs with you and Layla.
Old July 8th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy, they do look a lot a like. He wouldn't get in the car alone, so I brought Layla with us to the SPCA, and the girl there couldn't tell who I was dropping off after the description I gave. They were swimming in the park, and when his tail is wet they look identical!
Old July 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Before I dropped him off, I called and left a message. They just called me back, not realizing that I was the one who dropped him off last night, to tell me that they are full and can't accept any more dogs That's not good news.
Old July 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
-

Yikes!Spca is full...but they just had to get the huskeys...anyway.So you have to wait a whole week to know if the owner claims him? I think it's weird that a dog would a have collar without any tags,even if microship.He should at least have the city tag and the rabies one too.Now we don't know the story but my guess is,the owner didn't do a good job here.I hope you get the puppy,he will be way better off with you.
Old July 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Puppyluv,I hope the SPCA will contact you and not,since they are full,start euthanizing.
I know I am a drama-queen but I dont really trust the MSPCA,have heard so many bad things...:sad:
He looks so happy in your home:love:
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm going to stay in contact with the spca to make sure nothing underhanded happens. If he doesn't go to his original home, I'm making sure he comes to mine.
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Senior Contributor

He's still there.... and at the same time....
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I think you should just go get him and keep him at your house. If someone calls about a dog that matches his description, the SPCA can call you, but if not -- oh well, Layla has a boyfriend! He definitely belongs with you even though I think he is part fox with that tail!
Old July 8th, 2006, 10:00 PM
cat slave

yay!! a puppy!!!

I think you should take him at the house too. I haven't had a dog but i've seen many dogs at the shelter and it seems they get really traumatized being in that small closed space, so i think it'll be best for him to stay with you til someone calls for him. You can foster him for a while, that way the SPCA can have an empty space for someone else
Old July 9th, 2006, 12:12 AM

I agree... I wouldn't trust that they'd call you before doing anything... So many employees, so many dogs coming in and out...
Old July 9th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Senior Contributor

That's a good idea. I'll drop by after work today (have to make my muffins first )
Old July 9th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Well if they are not two peas in a pod they look so cute together. I agree try and get him back and if the owners claim him so be it but if not he is in a great home. How lucky for him that you were at the park so many would have left him there. As Jioji said it would leave a space for someone not as lucky to be found by someone like you.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old July 9th, 2006, 08:35 AM
-

Very eager to see if the SPCA lets you take him back...he is a puppy and for them,he's a good,easy "sale". Hope it works out
Old July 9th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Senior Contributor

He's still there.. they won't let me take him.... I have to wait the week I have high hopes though. It's only been two days, but it's been a weekend.. plenty of time for the owner to pick up the dog.
Old July 9th, 2006, 04:37 PM
cat slave

argh!!!

the suspense is killing me!! I can only imagine what it's doing to you, but after all...I think I'm the most impatient person in the world hehe
Old July 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiorji
argh!!!

the suspense is killing me!! I can only imagine what it's doing to you, but after all...I think I'm the most impatient person in the world hehe
It's killing me too. I'm trying not to think of names......but it's so hard....
Old July 9th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Owned by goldens

puppy

A couple of years ago a golden retriever ran in front of my car and when I stopped stood there looking at me. I got out of my car and he came to me and when I opened the door, he jumped in. I didn't know what to do with him so I brought him home but he wouldn't get out of my car. I tried to put a leash on him but he showed me his teeth. I guess he was terrified and tired because he was the sweetest boy. Reluctantly I brought him to the SCDD and they got him out of my car. I was very naive at the time and was certain that he would be claimed quickly. Every day I either drove there or called and was stunned to hear that he had not been claimed. I had to wait 7 days but as soon as he became available I rushed over and got him out of there. I think my presence and phone calls at the SCDD let them know that I was really interested in the welfare of this boy because as I was leaving a man said he wanted to adopt him but was told I had first dibs.
Keep calling and checking in. I hope they don't make you pay an adoption fee but they probably will. I had to pay to get the dog I found out. The SPCA must be bursting at the seams this week with the huskeys.
Old July 9th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Copperbelle! I'm going to keep calling, and I'm going to drop by in person tomorrow after work. When I dropped him off, I told the girl I wanted him if he wasn't claimed, and she wrote at the top of the page in bold letters "DON'T PUT UP FOR ADOPTION! CALL: REBECCA @ ___-____!!!"
I'm hoping thay actually do it, but I'll make sure my presence is known.
Old July 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Honest Contributor

waiting for neeeeeeeeeeews! oh boy... layla would surely love a little bro.... she told me so! she'd have to learn to share her fishies though, LOL!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old July 10th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Adopted by Dani

Puppluv,
I think we are all standing on pins and needles as this drama unfiolds.
I'm keeping my fingers that this story has a happy ending for both you and the pup.

Lewis
Old July 10th, 2006, 08:37 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Puppy - too bad you didn't think just to foster him at your home and advise the SPCA you found him and gave your contact info

Imagine the zoo at the SPCA with the recent moving day and now those Huskies :sad: I don't see however why you would be charged adoption fees do you really think they would charge you if no one claims him? I also thought it was only a 3 day hold?