Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old May 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Animal Lover

My Life and Times (a tale of two dogs)

Ok, so I have been sadly absent from this forum lately, but as I've mentioned before I'm just incredibly busy. Often I log on to read messages and get pulled away and come back later to just get pulled away again. <darn kids> hehe

Anyway, just figured I'd post a quick update, and I've got some new pictures I'll put in the picture thread. Summer is quickly approaching. I only have 9 days of school left and I'm out for the summer. Which means I'll probably be here a lot more. We leave for the beach on June 10th for 7 days of bliss. I so cannot wait to dig my toes in the sand. I still have pictures I need to upload of our trip to Tennessee a while back, but they are still on hubby's computer.

The dogs are doing good. We started obedience class with Roscoe today. They cancelled the last couple of weeks. Anyway, he did wonderfully with the commands. He is possessive of me, however, and would growl whenever anyone approached me. But the trainer is AWESOME and she handled him like a pro and by the end he was doing great! And he learned his commands on the first or second try. So I have high hopes for my boy. We are going to enroll Mileva soon. She is spunky as ever, but as she gets older she gets more and more affectionate.

Otis is doing great too. We had a little crisis where the kids freaked out thinking he was a girl because his penis wasn't in the middle of his belly like Roscoe's. I had to explain that cats are different and no we aren't changing his name to Oda. I TRIED to explain the concept that he's REALLY gender neutral because he's fixed, but quickly gave that up. That was funny.

So, that's a little update from my corner of the world. I MISS EVERYBODY! I'll be back soon though!

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome back Brandy, glad to hear everyone's doing good!

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandynva View Post
We had a little crisis where the kids freaked out thinking he was a girl because his penis wasn't in the middle of his belly like Roscoe's. I had to explain that cats are different and no we aren't changing his name to Oda.

I missed you Brandy ! Glad Roscoe is being a good boy , and protecting his mommy !
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Animal Lover

Thanks guys! Yes, he is a protective boy, that's for sure. But the trainer said it was an easy thing to break him of mostly. I don't want him being TOO aggressive and bite someone, especially if it's someone I know. Anyway, I have high hopes.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Toes in the sand, eh? Does that mean you aren't having to wish you're someplace warm any more?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Welcome back Brandy. Glad to hear that everything is okay
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Toes in the sand, eh? Does that mean you aren't having to wish you're someplace warm any more?
Oh man, I should change that, huh? Cuz it is sooooo hot here now! Too hot. It's the kind of hot where everything is hazy and you can't see the mountains.

Oh, and last time I logged on, my post count was at 600 and now I"m over 1000. What gives? Did somebody log on and post as me??

-Anonymous
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:23 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandynva View Post
Oh, and last time I logged on, my post count was at 600 and now I"m over 1000. What gives? Did somebody log on and post as me??
Nah, when they started the TJT subforum and switched the TJT over, all the posts suddenly counted (they've since been turned off)...

I went from 1500 to over 4000!!! man, that hazel is wordy!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Boss-lady!

Good to see you again, brandy!

"You can't have a good day in bad underwear"- Fruit of the Loom ad
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Nah, when they started the TJT subforum and switched the TJT over, all the posts suddenly counted (they've since been turned off)...

I went from 1500 to over 4000!!! man, that hazel is wordy!
Darn, and I thought I had half a chance of catching up with Prin! Now I never will... hehe

Thanks Skryker!

-Anonymous
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:44 PM

I'm glad you're ok and you get to go on vacation soon.

And yeah, we all went up a ton...