Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old January 16th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Missing My Bubba Bear

****My 13 month old Yorkie just peed in the house again****

Just a second ago, as me and my boyfriend were on the couch watching tv, bruno just walked right by us and in a corner of the living room right in front of us just peed all over the place. He didnt even do it on his pad, like he normally does. This afternoon i had him running around the park for two hours, and im more than sure he took care of any potential peeing issues there. He has never ever done this before and we had just declared him officially housebroken.

Anyone know what the hell just happened?

Yes he has peed in that spot before, but not for at least 4 months, and since then, the whole floor has been mopped and cleaned several times over.
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:33 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatazes View Post
Anyone know what the hell just happened?
Yep, your 13 mth old doggie just peed on your floor.
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:46 PM

Hopefully it was just a little accident and he won't do it again....but you say that you had him out at the park for 2 hours? Buster is good for about 30 minutes at this time of the year, then he wants in!!! Maybe he got a bit of a chill, not sure where you are living but with the coldness and dampness at this time of the year, maybe he just got a bit of cold.

If this isn't normal for him, and he keeps having little accidents, maybe get checked with the Vet for a problem??

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Senior Contributor

is your little one fixed????? brenda and the pins.
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

So sorry for the little joke earlier amatazes. Couldn't resist.
How long had Bruno been back in from being out in the park? I know that my poodle on some days can go for 6 to 8 hours before she needs out and then other days she is out every hour or so. Does Bruno go to the door when he needs to go? Is it possible he went to the door and you missed his signal? He is pretty small so I wouldn't expect him to be able to hold it for too long. He may not like the pee pads anymore either. He knows that he is supposed to go pee outside.
Take it to be an accident and reinforce the good behaviour. He is still young. If it continues than yes, a trip to the vets is in order.
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Missing My Bubba Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBoo View Post
Hopefully it was just a little accident and he won't do it again....but you say that you had him out at the park for 2 hours? Buster is good for about 30 minutes at this time of the year, then he wants in!!! Maybe he got a bit of a chill, not sure where you are living but with the coldness and dampness at this time of the year, maybe he just got a bit of cold.

If this isn't normal for him, and he keeps having little accidents, maybe get checked with the Vet for a problem??
Well its not bad round here, especially when i had him out, it wasnt that bad at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
So sorry for the little joke earlier amatazes. Couldn't resist.
How long had Bruno been back in from being out in the park? I know that my poodle on some days can go for 6 to 8 hours before she needs out and then other days she is out every hour or so. Does Bruno go to the door when he needs to go? Is it possible he went to the door and you missed his signal? He is pretty small so I wouldn't expect him to be able to hold it for too long. He may not like the pee pads anymore either. He knows that he is supposed to go pee outside.
Take it to be an accident and reinforce the good behaviour. He is still young. If it continues than yes, a trip to the vets is in order.
The park was about 4:30 or so, and he peed at 7:30. As for his signals, he is usually very good about them, he tends to bite at my toes, or hair if im laying down. I can understand "accident" but he does have his designated wee wee pad spot that he always pees on. Middle of the night if he has to go, he gets up and pees on that pad, anytime during the day, if im not around he goes on the pad. He basically only pees on that pad, except for a half hour ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gang View Post
is your little one fixed????? brenda and the pins.
Yes he is.
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Did you jump up and stop him when he started to pee and place him on his pad immediately?
Yorkies are known for housebreaking issues. Try consulting with a yorkie rescue group for some tips.

Cindy
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Missing My Bubba Bear

14+ it was funny, I have a really good sense of humor and that was witty.

This dog is not even mine but I worry about him when he goes back to his owner in a couple weeks. She's out of the house longer than I am each day. He's just going to keep peeing and pooping in the house. He's not meant for an apt. he needs a backyard. He needs to scratch the door and be let out.

When his owner gave him to us at 3 months he would hold his pee when he was outside and wait to come in to pee on the rug.

I feel so bad saying this but I can't wait until he goes. However, I'm going to try to convince his owner to give it up for adoption. We'll find a really good home with a backyard so he could have an ideal home.
He loves kids and generally loves excitement.

It just really stressed me out yesterday.:sad: