Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

... and babies make 3

That I know of. Trap is still set in case there are more.
I think there's a new daddy in town too. The kitten at the back of the crate is black and white. Never have had a black one. Guess trap will be set constantly.
We are on the look out for another crate. I need to separate momma from babies or I won't be able to tame the kittens. Mom won't let me near.
Can you tell she is PO'd?
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I think I missed that you'd managed to get mamma! Good job, 14+!!

Is that all of the kittens or are there more to catch, yet?

You're such an for this guys!

Oh, ya...she definitely looks POd!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Senior Contributor

great news... Do yuo have any ideas on how many there may be? I hope you get all her babies...and then some
If only cats could talk
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
Senior Contributor

Great Job 14+!!!!! Hopefully if there are anymore babies you'll catch them!
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Senior Contributor

wow, great job!! I hope you got them all... and eeek.. that is one cranky momma! very pretty cats though
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:41 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Hazel - I finally caught Little Momma yesterday after 2 years! I reset the trap and kept checking it. Babies were in it this morning. I had it covered so they were ok. I don't think they would take long to tame if I had them in a separate cage from mom. She won't let me near them. Claws are out! I also need to get them away so she can dry up. She will be another one like Storm. I won't be able to integrate her with the rest of the gang. But I know she doesn't go too far.

As for is there more around... yep, there is. I think I almost have them all and more come out of the woodwork. These guys make somewhere around 33 or so.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:22 AM

good job 14+ if only there were more like you...as for taming mama use food...it works great...buddy used to be cranky like that to...but give her a couple of days by herself and then try wet cat food...then give her a day and do it again...give her a little bit of dry cat food but not so much that she is full just enuf so she dosnt feal like she is starving...
and in order to get the kitens out use a sheet to trap her in and then just snatch them...lol... good luck
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Geek Club CEO

ohhhh, that's a MAD momma!!!
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

WAY TO GO 14+

I bet momma is relieved her babies are with her.

So you are going to spay and release? Once the kittens are away from momma, I am sure in your care, they will come to love the indoor life with humans.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
-

She is really giving you the evil eye there 14k. This is just neverending, you are going to have to start wearing blinkers when you go outside so that you don't see too much. Way to go, you are an for these little guys and their saviour. What kind of cages are you in need of let me know.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
-

Awesome job 14+ but then I knew you would do it.

Even though momma looks ticked off she is still very pretty and the babies are adorable.

And, just what you needed.....a new daddy around. Good luck.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
-

Good job 14+
Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks all! Little Momma has sure given me a run for my money! I am so glad I finally caught her! I haven't seen the other female for a few months now but I am sure she will show up soon with kittens in tow! Sometimes it's a curse to have an acreage!
L4H - she will be a spay and release like Stormy. I hope she does the same and sticks around. But she has the last two winters. I can't see anything being different just cause she gets fixed. The babies I will try to adopt.
Chris - I use the largest dog crates I can find. Kijiji is good for something. I have found the three I have on there for reasonable amounts. I think there is one available in Hamilton for $50. I will have to check. The three I have are all in use. Minimo has one for her "safe place" in the catuary. We still have one set up in the kitchen for the house kitties and of course, the new ones are in the garage in the other crate. lol The way it's going I am going to need about 5 more!!

Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
proud to be a cat slave

Congrats 14+ you are a cat nabber extraordinaire!
The babies look sweet, but mom sure doesn't look happy.
How was she when you put the babies in there?

Jake - grey DSH (Aug '98) Alley - spazzy grey tabby (Aug '07)
Old August 22nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoozles View Post
Congrats 14+ you are a cat nabber extraordinaire!
The babies look sweet, but mom sure doesn't look happy.
How was she when you put the babies in there?

It's funny phoozles. She wasn't that bad last night when she was by herself. As soon as I put her babies in with her she got the "ohoh, now I have to protect my babies" attitude. It's all good. We are looking for another crate now so we can separate them. She can hiss all she wants from the safety of another crate while I tame kittens. Hubby refuses to have these ones in the house. Gee, I wonder why?

Old August 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
~Cat Servent~

Woo! Hey do you want that big cat crate I was telling you about? You can use it until I need it again... which I can't see needing it in the forseeable future. It folds down so it should fit in a regular trunk. Just let me know... anyhow off to see if I can coax George out again!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks kr! If we can't get the one off kijiji then I may take you up on that offer! I need to get momma away from the babies.
Good luck with George! I really hope you catch him tonight.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, I think you're going to have to change your moniker! Wow, caught your girl after 2 years! I'm glad you got her, but now you need to find that wandering sperm machine.

They're adorable! Momma looks really pissed.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
-

Maybe mommy will see you're not so bad and will stick around after the spay. she'll think : now where do I put my name for the next place to open up in the catuary ?
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
border collie mama

way to go! they are such little cuties!
Old August 22nd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Awww....they're so adorable!
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Maybe mommy will see you're not so bad and will stick around after the spay. she'll think : now where do I put my name for the next place to open up in the catuary ?
I hope so. I know from experience with Storm that she doesn't want anything to do with the ones in there. I will try Little Momma in a crate in there and see what she does but I have a feeling she is going to be living the same way she has the last 2 years. Just with no more babies. There is still room in the catuary for more. They all seem to find their own spots.

Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:14 AM

WTG!!!! Good Job Geri

Oh Little Momma sure ain't a happy camper, though I see she is using the litterbox, so there may be hope for her yet

for the rest of the litter if there are anymore & the new stud in town

That baby b&w is adorable from the 2nd pic it looks like there is still some tabby stripes there too

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:34 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post

Oh Little Momma sure ain't a happy camper, though I see she is using the litterbox, so there may be hope for her yet

for the rest of the litter if there are anymore & the new stud in town

That baby b&w is adorable from the 2nd pic it looks like there is still some tabby stripes there too
Thanks growler! Yeah, litterbox......trying to figure out how I am going to clean it with ol' cranky pants there. She doesn't like me putting my hands near the cage.

I hope there is no more to the litter. Am heading outside very soon to check trap again. I have a feeling if there's new studs around they are probably way back in the bush. Momma gets around.

I am almost positive the b&w has the tabby stripes. Will have to take a closer look today. We are hopefully picking up a new crate tonight so momma can have her very own and I can start taming kitties!

ancient - I have gotten used to the 14+. Guess I will keep it. I wouldn't know what to change it to anyway. The way these cats keep showing up........ 14hundred?

Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol, technically 14+ is still accurate, the plus just keeps growing. I know at one point my neighbour was looking to get rid of a double, large, crate, holds two goldens with a divider in the middle. If you'd like i can see if she still wants to get rid of it. and i can always drop it off at chico2's for you to pick up if you'd like.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
lol, technically 14+ is still accurate, the plus just keeps growing. I know at one point my neighbour was looking to get rid of a double, large, crate, holds two goldens with a divider in the middle. If you'd like i can see if she still wants to get rid of it. and i can always drop it off at chico2's for you to pick up if you'd like.
That would be great aslan! Actually, I am trying to find a day for you and Chico to visit. I start working at one of the local grocery stores on Mon so have to find out my schedule. We will have to figure out something soon.

Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:56 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

ok as soon as i see her i will check, unfortunately we gave quincy's crate away or i'd let you have it. Chico's is about 15-20 mins from me so let me know, grace loves her hubby and they want to meet the terrible trio..
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:12 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh,oh Hubbies head will swell
We have all the time in the world,so whatever you girls decide is fine with me.
I am just dragging my butt here day after day and soon it will be snowing,I just got to go to Grimsby,I just got to meet the teribble trio.

Hopefully you'll be able to get the crate Aslan,we'll be here!(except next week friday)..

Geri,thank's for your unending patience,unending devotion to our furry little guys
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
-

no no chico, since 14+ has to go to TO from some reason, and technically you are in between the two of us, we'll bring the trio and 14+ to you.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Ok,sounds good,then Geri can pick out what plants she wants too,,but I still want to go to Grimsby and meet the kitties.