Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 18th, 2004, 12:45 PM

Not eating

We got our beagle three days ago he ate the first day but the last two days he hasn't eaten. He has just been sleeping and today he was a little playful. But yet he hasn't eaten but a few pieces of dry food. I don't know what is wrong could someone help me?
Old June 18th, 2004, 12:50 PM

I am certainly no expert, but I would first wonder is he drinking water? is he peeing/pooping? has it been hot or some other change of weather that might make him not have as much appetite?
beyond that, if youre worried i would get him to your vet and have him checked out sorry I cant be more help - good luck though! and keep us posted!
Old June 18th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Haven't you taken him to the vet yet??

You previously said you got him on June 7th, and that he was 8 weeks old.

You then said on June 10th that he was SIX weeks old and that someone had stepped on him, and also that he wasn't eating and just sleeping.

What is the truth, please?
Old June 18th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Senior Contributor

L.R. on the watch again....

Boy you really are on top of things girlfriend.......lol
Attached Images

Old June 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM

Well you guys don't seem to be helpful he is between six and eight weeks I don't know. He just isn't eating and we got him from the owner three days ago he was just vistiting the other times still weening off his mom. But yeah I need to kno wwhat to do dammit but you guys seem to critisize me.
Old June 18th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Vet........ASAP
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Whatever the truth is, we have told you here and in the Vet forum to take this puppy to the VET. What part of that do you not understand?

However old this puppy is, if he is not eating and was stepped on, he needs a VET.

And if you ask again in another forum, the answer will be the same. Take care of your pets properly, dammit.

There is a big difference between 6 weeks old and 8 weeks old, and you seem to have no idea when you got this puppy or how old it is. You might want to find out. Why was he only 6 weeks old on June 10th, yet 8 weeks old on June 7th?
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Boggles my mind! I thought I was reading wrong but you're right LR thats what this person said.

A pup not eating this young can DIE!!
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:23 PM

boy do I feel silly I did wonder about it though.......
Old June 18th, 2004, 04:20 PM

L.R. disconnect from this forum if you want but ur an ass. MY parents got the puppy so I don't know all the information you would be worried to. He is between 6 and 8 weeks all I know he got stepped on and isn't eatin a whole lot. I know you guys told me to go to the vet but L.R. don't ever reply my posts your an ass.
Old June 18th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Refrain from your profanity and perhaps your parents should be monitoring your use of the computer if you can't be civil.

If my parents bought a dog I would still know the dogs age, thats just obvious.

As far as the dog being ill hasn't it gone to the vet yet?
Old June 18th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm an "ass" because I say you should take a sick puppy to the vet? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in awhile,and I've heard a lot of stupid things.

Tell your mom or dad to call the vet. Or do they not want to take it either? I realize that you are a child, but they should know better.

I wouldn't bother answering your nonsense and lies, but IF you really do have a puppy, I am very worried about it, with someone like you for an owner.
Old June 18th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Anyone...

..Please tell me school starts again tomorrow? ..please?
Old June 18th, 2004, 08:05 PM

NO it isn't sick just home sick. And I was saying you were an ass cuz you were calling me a liar. So please don't assume I do have a puppy and if you people haven't seen I have posted pics in the pictures forum. So go look if you don't believe me and my puppy is doing fine just wants his mom he has started eating a little more tonight. He just has a problem peeing he pees like every 20 minutes maybe he has a bladder problem but I don't know if that is likley at his age.
Old June 18th, 2004, 08:20 PM

Your puppy

Please, please take your puppy to a vet! When they are this young (no matter 6 or 8 weeks), they are very fragile. If he was stepped on, do you know where? His paw or abdomen? If it was his abdomen, it could be serious - broken ribs, internal bleeding etc. If he's not playing, he could be very sick. Even homesick puppies like to play. Just so you feel better and don't have to worry, take him to visit the vet. If you can't afford it, most vets take payments - they would rather you bring the dog in than let it get even sicker, even if you can't pay it all right away. And, worst case, if you can't afford to pay anything, maybe you can take it to the Humane Society and one of their vets will check the puppy for you.

Pets can cost a lot of money. I have pet insurance, which you can buy online - it costs between $10 and $20 per month, but can save you a lot of money in the long run. I hope your puppy is OK.
Old June 18th, 2004, 09:46 PM

He is playing just started today about getting stepped on I think it was his legs and he walks funny with his back legs. but ill bring it up to my parents to take him.
Old June 20th, 2004, 03:09 AM

Maybe He Doesn't Like The Food!!

NEW PEOPLE NEW SUROUNDINGS. WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING HIM?

LYDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J.
We got our beagle three days ago he ate the first day but the last two days he hasn't eaten. He has just been sleeping and today he was a little playful. But yet he hasn't eaten but a few pieces of dry food. I don't know what is wrong could someone help me?
Old June 20th, 2004, 03:19 AM

HE IS A BABY. HE PROBABLY MISSES HIS FAMILY. TLC IS ANOTHER ANSWER. I DON'T MAKE FUN OF SUCH SERIOUS MATTERS. SOME PEOPLE NEED TO
STICK THEIR HEAD IN THE SAND AND STAY THERE!! STAY IN TOUCH LET ME KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING. GIVE HIM TIME TO ADJUST. GET HIM SOME WET FOOD. MY ANIMALS WON'T EAT IAMS WET SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

LYDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J.
Well you guys don't seem to be helpful he is between six and eight weeks I don't know. He just isn't eating and we got him from the owner three days ago he was just vistiting the other times still weening off his mom. But yeah I need to kno wwhat to do dammit but you guys seem to critisize me.
Old June 20th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernphilly
he Is A Baby. He Probably Misses His Family. Tlc Is Another Answer. I Don't Make Fun Of Such Serious Matters. Some People Need To
Stick Their Head In The Sand And Stay There!! Stay In Touch Let Me Know How Things Are Going. Give Him Time To Adjust. Get Him Some Wet Food. My Animals Won't Eat Iams Wet So You Might Want To Try Something Else.

Lydia
Please, Stop Yelling!