Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old February 17th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Hello, I'm new and have ? maybe someone can help

HI,
I have a almost 1 yo beagle/terrier mix (Gunner) we adopted from the local humane society about 6 months ago. Gunner had wet the bed last night but it does not smell like urine. I do not know what expressing glands smell like or if the amount would be as much as he wet. Anyone have any info?
Wendy
Old February 17th, 2009, 11:46 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Watch his water intake and urination frequency--sometimes very dilute urine doesn't have much odor...at least not according to the human nose... And if he's drinking more, he might have trouble holding his bladder all night. If he's drinking more than usual, or if the accidents continue, a vet visit is in order.

However, and there's no way to say this too delicately, one real possibility is that your dog had a wet dream. Yes...dogs do have erotic dreams, evidently

If the wet spot had no detectable odor, it was very likely not his anal glands, since that has a very strong, pungent, fishy odor.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, wivester. Got any pics of Gunner to share?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the info

Thank you for getting back to me. It must have been diluted urine since he was awake. I try to get him outside as much as possible before bedtime but will take the water away after his last outing before bed and see if happens again. I will have to download some pictures soon as my digital is fixed. Thanks again