Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old February 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Amazing!! Baby elephant rescued

I urge you to take the time to watch this video. It is amazing. Will give you a whole different perspective on animals.

http://www.wimp.com/elephantrescued/

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

That's amazing isn't it! How could you put a gun to their heads for their tusks.
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I saw that one before and it is truly amazing,wonderful animals
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Senior Contributor

That was so great! Thanks for posting it!

Diane
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I was at the edge of my seat.
The sense of emergency from the herd was amazing.
We could learn so much from animal behaviour.

Amazing.. Thanks so much for sharing.
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I knew everyone who took the time to watch the video would enjoy it.
BM - I was sitting awfully close to the end of my chair too.
I knew from the title the baby would be fine but still....... I was awestruck watching them come up with a solution to get the baby to dry land. Just goes to show animals can feel love too. And pretty powerfully.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM

Thanks for sharing.
Elephants are so amazing, they're smart and have such a strong family bond. The human race can learn so much from animals if we would just take the time.

"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:55 AM
~Cat Servent~

awesome!!! Love how they all worked together!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 26th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I was at the edge of my seat.
The sense of emergency from the herd was amazing.
We could learn so much from animal behaviour.

Amazing.. Thanks so much for sharing.
Exactly! Wow, you could just see them getting upset when the baby was in trouble. I didn't realize how smart elephants were. They were able to reason enough about physics to try to pull the animal out, then when that didn't work, to push the baby to an area that would be easier to make it out of the pond. We have to stop keeping these poor animals in zoos, but in protected areas that they can stay with their clans

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

Again proof that animals can think, sometimes better than humans I never would have seen that video, thanks 14+ for sharing

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.

Last edited by Sylvie; February 26th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

This video is absolute proof that animals have the same emotions and sense of urgency as humans have. You cannot dispute this fact. I only wish people in general would understand this.

Though off topic...sorry... when people abandon their pets, they have no idea the emotional turmoil that cats and dogs go through. It is heartbreaking to see all the emotions an abandoned animal is capable of. I know when transporting animals from A-B, they are so afraid. I usually take the worst one up front with me to re-assure him/her that all will be ok. It really is so sad as they do not understand what is happening nor why.

Now - back to your post. I just wanted to emphasize that animals do infact feel, hurt, love, dislike and every other emotion that we have. This is ABSOLUTE proof.
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
This video is absolute proof that animals have the same emotions and sense of urgency as humans have. You cannot dispute this fact. I only wish people in general would understand this.

Though off topic...sorry... when people abandon their pets, they have no idea the emotional turmoil that cats and dogs go through. It is heartbreaking to see all the emotions an abandoned animal is capable of. I know when transporting animals from A-B, they are so afraid. I usually take the worst one up front with me to re-assure him/her that all will be ok. It really is so sad as they do not understand what is happening nor why.

Now - back to your post. I just wanted to emphasize that animals do infact feel, hurt, love, dislike and every other emotion that we have. This is ABSOLUTE proof.
Agreed BM. They think of pets as being able to cope with anything.
I was only able to share this because a friend of mine who knows I love elephants sent it to me in an email. I will make sure to thank her for you all. I am still profoundly touched by the video.

Old February 28th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I urge you to take the time to watch this video. It is amazing. Will give you a whole different perspective on animals.

http://www.wimp.com/elephantrescued/
Elephants are amazing! We could all learn so much....
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Just a little story to share that happened on Sunday.

I was busy painting the trim in the house, DH was on the computer. We have a basement window we open for Rose to go out into a fenced in area. Well DH closed the window not knowing that Rose was still outside (cause we got so much darn snow we can't see her).

Jasper kept wanting to go outside, he was antsy, wouldn't stop meowing, kept coming into the house meowing, going out to the screened in deck, meowing, DH gave him shrimp, a few kibbles, but to amazement he wouldn't eat his favourite food, he just kept meowing . I told DH he needs to get outside, but he wouldn't take him out. Finally, I stopped painting to take a break to spend some time with Jasper (this has been going on for an hour ) and I went into the screen in porch where Jasper was pacing and meowing and I heard Rose . She was meowing outside her window . I ran down stairs to let her in (slapping DH up side the head on the way ). Rose ran in the house, Jasper ran to her, then he settled down and went to sleep on the spare bed in the room I was painting in. Soooooo my point being all animals do get upset when there is one of their loved ones is missing or in trouble. I wish humans would change their thinking of animals being some feelingless species, when in fact they are not.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Wonderful video. I also love how they are all surrounding the baby in the end as well, protecting him/her further.

I KNOW animals are smart. I KNOW they have feelings. Videos like this, just serves as proof, not for me, but so that I can show others who think I'm crazy for thinking this way.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/