Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Kittens for Dummies...Help please!!!

So, it appears I am fostering this little guy, herewith referred to as Rascal...

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65591

So, he has definitely been recently declawed. I was at the "main" vet today and they have no recollection of him. I have driven around the neighborhood where my neighbor's daughter found him and there are no posters up looking for him :sad:

I went and picked up some food for him. The clerk said that he should eat 1/4cup of dry a day and about 1/4-1/3 cup of wet. Does that sound right? I have no idea. He seems hungry ALL THE TIME!

He does not seem to be in any pain despite the fact I can see his stitches :sad: Does anyone know if they are supposed to desolve or do they usually need to be removed

Is it normal for there to be litter ALL OVER the floor by 2 o'clock in the afternoon??? Is the litter box too small perhaps?

His scratch on his nose seems to have healed nicely. If he is still around I will have to take him to the vet next week for a check up.

I can't stand that no one seems to be looking for him. I hate that my neighbor had him for ten days (on and off when he hadn't escaped ) and never lifted a finger to find his guardians or have him vet checked.

I will have to keep you posted...we are falling in love (Pat too ) so he might not be allowed to leave if no one is found.

Really don't know a thing about cats/kittens so any advice/heads up on things to look for would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!

Last edited by diandpat; September 21st, 2009 at 02:33 PM.