Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old March 13th, 2010, 09:12 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

US Quarters

Over the past 8 or 9 years I have been working on getting all of the US quarters with the 50 States. I have 42 of them. Getting a little impatient to finish the set. If anyone happens to have the ''missing" ones I would gladly pay for the quarters and costs of mailing.
States needed:
California
Colorado
Hawaii
Idaho
Kansas
Minnesota
New Mexico
Texas
Silly, I know but hey, we need silly occasionally.
Thanks anyone who can help.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Kitty pimp

ok illlook for ya
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Sorry 14+. I just went through a pile of my US change and I guess most of my quarters were the older ones because only two had states on them and they were Washington and Oklahoma.
I will be in the US next week and will check my change and the change of my friend to see if I can get any of the missing ones for you.

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

14+ DH is a coin freak too! I will check his stuff a bit later and see what I can get for ya! we keep all our American chg not sure why we never go there!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM
You can call me DOG!

Are you looking for any particular year or just the state?

I head up a pop fund at my office and get loads of quarters. I'll keep an eye out for any of the listed states.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old March 13th, 2010, 02:37 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks guys and gals! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmccallum View Post
Are you looking for any particular year or just the state?

I head up a pop fund at my office and get loads of quarters. I'll keep an eye out for any of the listed states.
That would be great klm. The States came out with these coins 5 a year for 10 years. I think they started in either '98 or '99 so the collection is all available now. I have slowly been getting them through work but these States just don't seem to be popular.
Winston - I have some neat coins from through the years. I don't do anything with them but put them away. I keep telling my kids that's their inheritance. The neatest one I think is from China. Someone passed it off as a toonie at work. I think I also have a triangular one but can't remember where it's from without going and looking for it. The other day I got a 25 cent coin from the Cayman Islands. It's cool to see where coins come from. I'll never get to see the places (and that's fine) but I get to see their money.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Okay so far we have the Minnesota quarter! I'll keep looking.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Okay so far we have the Minnesota quarter! I'll keep looking.
Wonderful!! Just make sure hubby doesn't want it!!

Old March 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Senior Contributor

All I have is Alaska right now. I'll keep an eye out for you.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Contributor

I have colorado if you'd like it
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:11 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
I have colorado if you'd like it
Would love it please Melinda! If you will PM me your addy I will send out a self addressed stamped envelope with a quarter to replace it. Thanks very much!!

Old March 13th, 2010, 10:36 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

14+, I'm pretty sure I have extras of all of those if you want them. No need to replenish...Canadian coins don't spend very well here. You want?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:10 AM

I have a collection of the US State Quarters too but I only have 26 so far. I don't have any of the ones you are missing except Texas but only one (also from customer change @ work)

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 14th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Senior Contributor

I'll ask my mother and my husband. They're always exchanging quarters and Tom has a big cardborad map with spaces for the quarters. I'll show him this list and ask him what he's got. I'm sure he must have something from the list of the ones you need.
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:40 AM
~Cat Servent~

I'm headed over to the states monday....I'll see if I can wrangle some of those for ya!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:27 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
14+, I'm pretty sure I have extras of all of those if you want them. No need to replenish...Canadian coins don't spend very well here. You want?

Yes, yes, yes please!!!!! I sent you a pm! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, we do get lots of US coins up here. Even bills. We take your money.

Thanks everyone else for your kind offers!! I love the way Pets members work together for someone in "need".

Old March 14th, 2010, 09:27 AM
150% PRO S/N

For anyone interested in looking at the set here is the web site........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters

Old March 14th, 2010, 09:31 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
I have a collection of the US State Quarters too but I only have 26 so far. I don't have any of the ones you are missing except Texas but only one (also from customer change @ work)
Growler, I have extras of some if you let me know which ones you still need I will go through them and see what I have. I still have your address.

Old March 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM

Well because of where I work 99% of the guest's we have are American so we deal with 99% American money.

My boss who is from the States is collecting the coins as well and I think he's pretty much done. Both sets, as there is a P mint and D mint.

Anyway my point is I am always looking at the change we get at work for him and I will do my best to remember to look for the ones you guys need.

I won't have a chance to start looking until the middle of May though. So if anyone still needs help by then please send me an email to remind me and what they need. I enable pm and to be sent an email notification as I don't always get a chance to come here during the summer. So hopefully it will show up in my email inbox.

"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." ~ Samuel Butler

"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous

Last edited by dustybird; March 14th, 2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Slave to the Kitties

I started collecting these when they first started, then i got bored.
I since then spent them all. So much for collecting.
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Growler, I have extras of some if you let me know which ones you still need I will go through them and see what I have. I still have your address.
Thanks 14+, Hazel's gonna check what she has for you & then for me -- I'll let you know

Old March 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybird View Post
Well because of where I work 99% of the guest's we have are American so we deal with 99% American money.

My boss who is from the States is collecting the coins as well and I think he's pretty much done. Both sets, as there is a P mint and D mint.

Anyway my point is I am always looking at the change we get at work for him and I will do my best to remember to look for the ones you guys need.

I won't have a chance to start looking until the middle of May though. So if anyone still needs help by then please send me an email to remind me and what they need. I enable pm and to be sent an email notification as I don't always get a chance to come here during the summer. So hopefully it will show up in my email inbox.
Thanks so much dustybird. I have 20 coins with both D and P. When I first started collecting these so long ago I was told by the truck drivers bringing them to me that there were two sets. Every time there was a new one out they brought both to me as soon as they got them. Unfortunately I lost track of them when they got a new route. It is a long process trying to get both. At this point I will be extremely happy to say I have one! I can send some of my doubles to growler so she can finish her set hopefully.
I am sure between the two of us, and anyone else who is interested in them, will remember your kind offer.

Old March 14th, 2010, 10:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, that's right--I forgot about the two mints. I don't have the complete P set, just the ones minted in Denver. So except for maybe one or two, they'll all be D coins.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I'm almost certain I have Hawaii, I remember seeing it in Tim Hortons drive through and since it didnt have our traditional canadian Caribou on it, I put it in my purse or ashtray.
I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know if I still have it or if I have since donated it for scrumptious Canadian coffee.
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

I have Kansas & Texas if you want them.
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I've got the packages all set to go so Gerri and growler should both be set Oh, except for those pesky territory quarters. Now that I know about them, I have to keep my eyes peeled for those, too!

Old March 15th, 2010, 04:05 PM
150% PRO S/N

You're the bestest hazel!!!

Old March 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

No problem! My drawer will finally open without groaning from the weight! I just have to figure out what's required for shipping and send them on their way.

Old March 15th, 2010, 09:10 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
No problem! My drawer will finally open without groaning from the weight! I just have to figure out what's required for shipping and send them on their way.
As long as it's not more than 10,000.00 worth, shouldn't need a formal monetary Customs clearance.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM

so much Hazel