Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Old October 17th, 2007, 08:54 PM
border collie mama

kitty brings Sock bunny to me ..every night

i had a cat, named oreo () and he used to bring me his sock bunny toy every night at 12:04 on the dot. i am wondering why he did this, and it was always at the exact same time, its not like i had a routine that he got used to, but he would just get his toy and sit outside my door meowing untill i got out of bed and threw it down the hall for him, he wouldnt chase, or bring it back, he looked at it and then walked away, i thoguht it was strange, any thoughts?
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:09 PM
-

Cats usually bring things to their masters as a present. Like if they find a mouse , and bring it to you , it's a gift from him to you.
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
-

Yabbut..at 12:04 EVERY morning ???

There was a DEFINITE message there... but beats me what it is.
Old October 18th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Swift Tribe

i think ALL cats go through a phase where they bug the snot out of you at night. when our boys started that crap at night i made it very clear i was extremely unhappy about being awake. its called a squirt bottle...

other folks wake up wondering what their beloved pet is thinking.... whats wrong?? what are they doing?? and go to investigate. you get up, toss the thing down the hall... which was attention... so they come back the next night for it.

look at it this way- YOU hold up YOUR end of the routine. by waking you up every night they are holding up THEIR end of the routine.

who knows, maybe this is a sort of spin on the instinct to bring food to your superior/partner. an instinct is only an urge. some urges are more power than others... well that one maybe got aborted?? distorted?? so as he isnt offended when you throw his gift down the hall??? or perhaps he really IS offended and thats why he doesnt bring it back for round 2??

-ashley
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:08 AM
~Cat Servent~

First, sorry for your loss.

And ya thats pretty normal here, I hear that telltale 'I'm coming and I gots a present for you' meow down the hall and there is one of them with a present for me, usually a toy mouse (or pad wrapper ). He just really loved you and wanted you to know you were special... although that 12:04 thing is a little eerie..... but probably just his routine.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM
border collie mama

thanks for all your thoughts..i just thought it was weird(and annoying) that he brought it every night at 12:04 every night... haha, gotta love him though :