Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old May 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Are they still puppies??

Lupa and Nikki are growing so fast, they are nearly the same size as Halo now. All three of them enjoy tearing up the lawn in the front yard. Not sure how much longer DH is going to allow this....
Attached Images

Old May 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM
Senior Contributor

The pups will be 5 months this week. Halo still likes to get in on the chasing action.
Attached Images

Old May 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM

They are so big and beautiful!!

Gosh I love your garden... I have a very small yard with not a lot of grass, which sucks, I love sitting on cool fresh grass.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Great pics, DD! Look at Halo getting in on the action!

When we had Ember and Cole together as pups they did such a number on the backyard that we had to totally relandscape it before we could put the house on the market when we moved.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
The pups will be 5 months this week. Halo still likes to get in on the chasing action.
Poor Lupa Nikki got her tail in his mouth! Did Lupa cry when that happen, it looks painful? I like the photo of Lupa and Nikki standing on opposite side of the wooden bench , waiting for another to made a move. Halo does looks like she having fun too. Great photos and a lot of fun to look at. I guess in 7 months Lupa and Nikki will no longer be puppies, I read is depend on the life span of the breed.

Last edited by Barkingdog; May 1st, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Barkingdog, Lupa doesn't care when Nikki grabs her tail, it's bushy enough I don't think she even feels it. They're always chewing on each other!

They are of course still puppies, but they're just as big as Halo is. They still have that puppy look though, and energy. In the pic where Lupa and Nikki are on opposite sides of the planter box, you can just make out the black of Halo behind the half dead tree in the box, but you have to know she's there to notice her.
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Barkingdog, Lupa doesn't care when Nikki grabs her tail, it's bushy enough I don't think she even feels it. They're always chewing on each other!

They are of course still puppies, but they're just as big as Halo is. They still have that puppy look though, and energy. In the pic where Lupa and Nikki are on opposite sides of the planter box, you can just make out the black of Halo behind the half dead tree in the box, but you have to know she's there to notice her.
I thought you where asking when they'll be full grown, of course I knew you know they're still puppies . It was a misunderstanding. I saw Halo in the photo , that is cute the way they all play together. Marty want to play with my daughter's cat when we going to her house but the cat want nothing to do with a dog. I wish Marty could have a brother or sister.
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:38 PM
Chum Mum

What an adorable gang of rowdies!!! The pups are growing so fast. I bet having them around keeps Halo on her toes and feeling spry.
R.I.P. Boog,Pootie, Bud & Tarkha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look into your soft brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Halo really only cuts loose with them when they're outside. Inside she wants her space. She barks and barks at them outside as she chases with them, so I have to watch what time of day it is - 5:15 am is not a good time for a game of bark and chase! Well I assume the neighbours wouldn't think it was anyhow. I can't get over how big they are getting. They are doing really good on the raw food, I think it's helping Nikki to fill out.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
Senior Contributor

In show terms they are only BABY puppies, LOL. BIG babies! It's lovely to see Halo joining in, DD. What is it with bushy tailed dogs that they have to grab each others tails. My sheltie pups used to do that too.
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Yes BIG babies is it to a T. Tails and ears, they're always chewing on each other. It's funny how different they are developing though. Just 5 days older Lupa has all her adult teeth, Nikki is just now losing some of his baby teeth. Have found several molars this past couple days, but he still has the baby canines. Now I have to book Lupa for her spay in the next couple weeks. The vet said within a month of getting her adult teeth. That should be fun. How to make DH understand her restrictions....
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
In show terms they are only BABY puppies, LOL. BIG babies! It's lovely to see Halo joining in, DD. What is it with bushy tailed dogs that they have to grab each others tails. My sheltie pups used to do that too.
I had a dog that would tried to catch her own tail , she never had any luck so I guess it easier to try to catch another dog tail and most likely more fun.
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

My little sister is having her younger dog spayed this month, too, DD. She's already trying to impress her hubby that Jasmine will not be able to play with Bella or go swimming in the river till the stitches come out...but Sis isn't sure how much of it is actually sinking into hubby's head. He doesn't listen very well sometimes when it comes to the dogs.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 4th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
My little sister is having her younger dog spayed this month, too, DD. She's already trying to impress her hubby that Jasmine will not be able to play with Bella or go swimming in the river till the stitches come out...but Sis isn't sure how much of it is actually sinking into hubby's head. He doesn't listen very well sometimes when it comes to the dogs.
What about the vet, maybe he/she could convince her husband to not let the dog in the water until the stitches come out. The poor dog could get a horrible infection.
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Barkingdog, you're right about the vet having more influence probably. I know DH would roll his eyes if I told him not to let her play, but would likely listen if the vet told him the same thing. LOL Men! No offence to any of the men on here....
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:49 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

The dorky vet didn't even send home any pain meds for Jazzie.... Bah! But she's home now and doing well so far.

Old May 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww, sweet Jazzie, hope she heals up quick. My breeder says to spay Lupa at about 7 months. She says her mals don't normally go into heat before 11 months so we should be safe.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Live well, laugh often

They are gorgeous! So nice to see Halo playing with them .
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Teri you and Growler will have to come over for a visit and meet the puppies first hand. Let's get that organized.
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Teri you and Growler will have to come over for a visit and meet the puppies first hand. Let's get that organized.
Absolutely! Would love to meet you & the pups Halo included of course

I'm off Wednesdays & Sundays - pm me when is a good day for you & we'll see what Teri is up to these days, surely we can find a day that is good for all 3 of us

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:19 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

If you all get together, someone better bring a camera or I'll have to sic the Pack on you!

Old May 15th, 2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
If you all get together, someone better bring a camera or I'll have to sic the Pack on you!
You'd hafta bring them here to do that

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

They've had a hankering for a plane trip!

Old May 17th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Senior Contributor

WooHoo there's a pawty in the works!!! LOL

Growler will pm you.
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

We'll start Pack'n... hehehe

Old May 18th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Senior Contributor

I know Halo will have a heart attack! But the pups will loooooooove it.
Attached Images

Old May 18th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I was hoping for new picture!
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I know Halo will have a heart attack! But the pups will loooooooove it.
WOW ! They have gotten so big and are gorgeous.
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:32 AM

So cute but not so little!

I've sent an email to Teri to see what she's up to I know she is busy with work & training seminars & dog shows.