Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old January 17th, 2016, 10:12 AM

Cat Abscess on Tail...Please help!

Hello Everyone,
I just joined this site to get some advice as I'm very concerned about my kitty Chip. Chip is a 10 year old tabby who is very loving and playful. A month ago I noticed a small bump near the base of his tail while grooming him. It was quite small. However I just felt that bump and noticed that it has grown to about 3/4 the size of dime. I have been researching this topic and have learnt its an abscess that needs vet care.

I just moved to Toronto and haven't found a good and reasonable vet. I'm on disability and have limited means but I'm definitely going to take my kitty to the vet. There is so much info on the net that I'm a little confused. Most sites talk of abscess near the mouth/teeth so I can't find something specific for my kitty.

As much as it grieves me, cost is a concern as some vets do charge more. At the same time I want quality care for my Chip. So I'm asking all of you to please help me out.

If anyone has faced a similar problem with their kitty having an abscess on their tail...what was the treatment? how much did it cost? were there any complications?

Do you know any vets that are good and reasonably priced? I'm willing to travel anywhere in the gta.

Please let me know of the animal hospital or vet that you can recommend.

I greatly appreciate any advice/support.

Hope your pets are doing well.
Old January 17th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Sorry to hear this Supergirl,

If it works in a similar way to montreal - I would definitely consider Veterinary schools - sometimes they have services that are much cheaper. I'm pretty sure that U of T has a vet program and Guelph university also has one. I'd definitely consider researching them.

As for lower cost vets....here is some advice I found (related to spay/neuter so maybe other procedures are cheaper as well) in a very old thread...maybe it can help.

Quote:
Contact the Mississauga Spay/Neuter Clinic on Dixie. They are the most reasonable price I have found so far.
Good luck
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old January 19th, 2016, 02:13 AM
healingpets

hi supergirl 2075.

This abcess may be needing vet attention fast.
since u mentioned some cost deterrents, that prompts me to reply to ur post.
if u google, u will find about a complementary healing modality called 'pranic healing'. for the details on this, ther eis plenty on the net.worldwide, 130 countries have practitioners. and it works. maybe some healers in CA do it for animals too.
this does not rule out ur trip to the vet...but is some help. this is only to assist in the self recovery principle of health.
Pranic healing is a scientifically researched healing art.

Last edited by hazelrunpack; January 19th, 2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: No self-promotion, please

Tags
abscess, tail abscess, tail bump