Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old July 9th, 2005, 09:48 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Thanks Safyre for putting the quotes in there. I wasn't adventurous enough to figure out how to do it without ending up with another quote. If you put a space between the = and the name, it still works.
Boredom = adventurous I previewed my post before posting to make sure it worked without actually quoting.
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:09 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiaprincess
[COLOR=Magenta]Still mad that my roomate bought a petstore pup... tried to convince her not to, but I wasn't as educated about mills then as I am now..]
Did your roomate give you the receipt? And the paperwork and vaccination records?

Last edited by Kismutt; July 9th, 2005 at 10:12 PM. Reason: sp
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Performance Spaniels

I have all the info about the dog that my roomate ever had. Paperwork says nothing about where the dog came from, even a lie about it like people suggested falsifying records.
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:28 PM
banned user

Quote:
I have all the info about the dog that my roomate ever had. Paperwork says nothing about where the dog came from, even a lie about it like people suggested falsifying records.
Would you like to fax me the receipt and what paperwork you have? I would look into it for you.
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:29 PM

Kismutt, next time I go to my dog park, I'll ask the VP if she has receipts. Her dog is from a pet store and is completely deaf. Definitely a mill doggy (but in Quebec).
Old July 9th, 2005, 10:31 PM
banned user

Quote:
Kismutt, next time I go to my dog park, I'll ask the VP if she has receipts. Her dog is from a pet store and is completely deaf. Definitely a mill doggy (but in Quebec).
That would be great!
Old July 10th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Performance Spaniels

I would still like to know what this information is going towards.
Old July 10th, 2005, 12:47 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b
As for the paperwork,it does NOT tell you where the pup came from.This is why the majority of the pet stores do NOT sell registered pups.It will tell you only that a vet has seen the pup and what shots.And if you are wondering HOW I know this,well when I was living in T.O a friend of a friend DID buy a pup at the pet store.So this was the info I got.And yes I did give this person the third degree for doing it....
Quote:
That all depends on what you mean.If you mean by getting info on a pet store who sells Hybreds and you are trying to get the breeders name?You will need luck for that..Have you tried?

I am baffeled as to why you want to protect the identy of the Petstore you are referring to. If you felt you or your friend were "shafted",
here is your opportunity, Mona.

Instead of "taking the talk" lets walk the walk and come forward with a written signed statement. I will walk with you, and we will do it
together. I am giving you my word, and I will stick with it until the end. Do you want my help, Mona?
Old July 10th, 2005, 12:57 PM
banned user

Quote:
I do have an ontario petstore dog.

She certainly has no paperwork other than the health card thingy that contains shot info.

No certificate for shady registry, and certainly no trace of 'breeder'. I don't know of anyone who has ever been told the so called breeder of petstore dogs ever.

Since the petstores try to convince the buyer that all their dogs come from responsible breeders homes... In reality mine's from the Dunville puppymill. Hard to pawn that off as responsible breeding.
Do you feel you or your friend feel you were "taken advantage of"? If in fact you were not given the appropriate paperwork, would you not want to someone to look into why (if) this petstore is operating under shady records?

I am offering you my help. If you are not willing to help yourself, I cannot help you.
Old July 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismutt
I am baffeled as to why you want to protect the identy of the Petstore you are referring to. If you felt you or your friend were "shafted",
here is your opportunity, Mona.
First off,this was quite some time ago.The owner of the petstore has since died and the petstore is no longer there.Also,I'm not protecting anyone.There is a thing called privacy protection.Even on this site.

Quote:
Instead of "taking the talk" lets walk the walk and come forward with a written signed statement. I will walk with you, and we will do it
together. I am giving you my word, and I will stick with it until the end. Do you want my help, Mona?
Not really sure how to take the "talking the talk" comment.Please don't take this the wrong way,but I don't need anyones help.Try and understand something,unfortunately it is not ilegal to be BYB or a puppy mill.As sad as that sounds,it's the truth.How many Purebreds are out there that are not registered?A ton.Just check out the rescues.Yes under the CKC pedigree act it is ilegal to sell puppies without papers.The CKC doesn't have the manpower to check every shafty BYB or even puppy mills.Puppy mills know how to go around things.As for the petstores of these "hybreds"believe it or not they are protected.They do not give out any info about where they get their pups.The only way someone will give you info is if someone in the store slips up.Me,being an officer of the law could not get one person to slip up.If they dod,they would get fired on the spot.Kismutt,do you not think I go sniffing around for info in this place?I have been trying for a year now.And nothing.What I do I do legally.Do you think I want to loose my job?Unfortanately as much as I love animals,with my job it's the humans that are my top priority.You know,the wives and mothers that get beat up.The abuse of the children.The ones that get murdered.As for the animals,I try my best to help them.This is were I leave it to the pros,and to the rescues and rescuers.They are the ones who can devote all their time.And unfortunately I can't.Or else I would be right there with them.I do at times see animals that are abused in homes.But that's when the SPCA gets involved.Don't get me wrong,if I see an animal in distress,I will help.That's a given.Have I made any sense?
Old July 10th, 2005, 02:56 PM
banned user

Quote:
First off,this was quite some time ago.The owner of the petstore has since died and the petstore is no longer there.Also,I'm not protecting anyone.There is a thing called privacy protection.Even on this site.?

Quote:
Not really sure how to take the "talking the talk" comment.Please don't take this the wrong way,but I don't need anyones help..?
LOL, obviously you do. And don't take it the wong way

Quote:
Try and understand something,unfortunately it is not ilegal to be BYB or a puppy mill...?
Really??? I didn't know that. Gosh, Mona, I am learning sooooo much from you!!!!

Quote:
Me,being an officer of the law could not get one person to slip up....?
Well, rest assured Mona, we wouldn't need to take that route. This is not how we go about things. You being an officer of the law should know that

Quote:
If they dod,they would get fired on the spot.Kismutt,do you not think I go sniffing around for info in this place?
We wouldn't need to go "sniffing" around LOL. You provide what little paperwork you have and a written signed statement and we will go from there.

Oh, and since you said it has been gone for some time now, does that mean you are sniffing around and empty store?

Please put me on Ignore Mona. My OP is obviously upsetting you
Old July 10th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I doubt your opinions bother Mona at all,your rude and sarcastic and know it all posts probably do.
Old July 10th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Usually people with defensive and ignorant attitudes are hiding something...oh but wait we already know that you have a tendany of hiding things don't we Kismutt?

Mysterious projects, unheard of tours of puppy mills....shall I continue? Or no better not..some of the other things are even worse! And being that you call yourself a rescue now, I may just get in 'trouble' about it!
Old July 10th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismutt
Oh, and since you said it has been gone for some time now, does that mean you are sniffing around and empty store?
Now if that wasn't a smart A$$ comment.

Are you that daft,or you just don't read all into the posts???

I said WHEN I lived in T.O......Did you not read that part??????

Does it say TORONTO in my location?????

Exactly LL1....Thank you........

Luba Booba...You are sooooo very right.

OMFL,and WE are the ones being called "rude".....
Old July 10th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Rude, Mona you are never rude you are factual and honest. I believe I'm the same. There comes a time however when you need to call it as it is and by golly things are beyond that with this thread. These nasty posts and many of the people in the forum becoming extremely evasive, ignorant, beligerant and rude. I agree now with the thread about people being rude but it certainly ain't us (though I know it was intended for many of the senior members)

Enough is enough I think it's time this thread were closed. The OP is evasive, non informative, sarcastic and beligerant as well as argumentative.

Mona my friend if I can suggest to you that you are best not to respond to this any longer. Let someone lock the thread and hopefully it won't be started again.
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM

What happened to the friendly conversation about how to use quotes? It was so fun.
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Senior Contributor

When I ask my patients to participate in a study, I am required to inform them (and/or their parents) how the information will be used. Our ethics committee also examines every study or survey prior to its use - or it is not permitted to be completed. I guess I would base a study like this in the same way - but then to me my cat is like my baby!! If only for ethical reasons, I'd need to know where the info is going and how it will be used and how it is being funded. (it indeed it is)

I can guess that it will be used to expose puppy (and kitten!!) mills but I do need to know. Unless it is an undercover operation and the info will jeopardize someon'es life, I see no good reason toi with hold the information. It just begs questions and ppl will wonder. That's human nature, lol

I've never bought an animal at a pet store and actually do not know anyone who has (Truth be told, there are not that many pet stores here tho I did see one in the Fredericton mall selling beagles and one in Dartmouth selling kittens, ughhhh!!)
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:09 PM

I'm just wondering, if you have the receipts and papers of some dogs, couldn't you later claim that the dog is yours? Is it possible?
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Senior Contributor

WoW!! I was not going to respond,since I do not know much about puppy-mills and pets sold in pet-shops,other than it's a horrific practise.
Every single one of us here would like to see an end to this cruelty,where does the rudeness and sarcasm fit in to this category???
Kissmutt,I doubt you sincerity if this is the way you respond to people and I too am curious about your secrecy,we all,after all are working towards the same goal,helping animals in need.

Last edited by chico2; July 10th, 2005 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Awwww TY Luba.And no you are not rude either...

I too agree that it should be closed.Enough is enough.

I have tried to be nice.I did say tried didn't I????

I gave info that I know of,BUT(oops,sorry Prin,I used caps.. )that doesn't seem to be enough.And to get smart a$$ remarks thrown back at me,Ummmm no.I won't let that go.

Exactly CK..Anyone doing a study or survey should inform people as to why it's being done...It should not be secretive at all...If it is,then I'm sorry,but no one should be agreeing to do it.It should be a huge concern to those being asked.And no one should be devulging ANY information without knowing the cause.If someone comes to your door and is doing a survey,would you give out info without asking what the survey is done for?I really hope not.

Hey Prin,start a thread on the multiple quoting.....You can be my teacher....
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:38 PM

Heh heh, wouldn't that be arrogant? Like "Hey everybody, I'm a pro at pets.ca!"

Somebody has to email the mods to have this closed. They probably aren't reading it.

But can someone answer my q'n first? About claiming the dog is yours if you have all the papers?
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Performance Spaniels

If I'm going to fax any of my dog's paperwork anywhere, I would want to know why. But asking why turned me into a bad guy...

I don't want some stranger with hopefully positive goals, but has to be evasive and secretive to have any of my paperwork. It wouldn't matter if it was my pup, or me.. It sounds sketchy since you won't describe what you are doing.

I would worry Prin.. Since that paperwork and changing the vets records on the computer to my name and addy are what proves my doggie ownership.
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe its so top secret if she told you she'd have to kill you??
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Anyone doing a study or survey should inform people as to why it's being done...It should not be secretive at all...If it is,then I'm sorry,but no one should be agreeing to do it.
I agree with you, Mona! Has anyone contacted Kismutt privately about taking part in this study? I would think that more info would be provided at that point. If yes, and the study still comes off as too secretive...then it would be time to forget about it! If not, well...I don't know how fair it is to jump to the conclusion that this is a totally 'secretive' study.

I would not want to divulge all of my ideas and info about a study I was conducting in a public forum. I may advertise it on a public forum, then discuss the details with those interested privately...

...my two cents!
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Senior Contributor

One does not need to divulge all the protocols and info about a study - and I dare say the public would find any of my studies tmi - too much info, lol - BUT we are required to state the objective and general parameters. Essentailly, anyone taking part has to be informed about the ultimate goal of the study. The ethics committee tho, must review the protocols and can then nix it - and while so important, the docs when I was having my surgery a few wks ago, were complaining about ethics committees (and they knew I was a mbr of one so I did tell them to be nice to me anyway, lol - they were kidding mostly but it is all time consuming). But absolutely essential and I apply the same rules for my furbabies as I would to studies that are clinical trials or even more directed obscure research.
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Well it all started when I started asking for clarification. EVEN asked her to PM it to me. I was ignored. If you care to read from the beginning you'll see how it all went.
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Senior Contributor

I actually skipped many of the posts - did not want to get into a debte with anyone and I did not need any negative vibes today - - but I did see where the goal of the study seemed elusive and found that very curious and unusual.
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:54 PM
banned user

Quote:
What happened to the friendly conversation about how to use quotes? It was so fun.
I will tell you what happened, Prin. I received several PM's most were friendly and very helpful. 3 were not. They were asking questions I didn't feel comfortable divulging to them.

Like I have said 3 times now. It is obviously eating a couple of people of my OP, and my responses, so put me on ignore. Thanks!
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:56 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba
Well it all started when I started asking for clarification. EVEN asked her to PM it to me. I was ignored. If you care to read from the beginning you'll see how it all went.
Yes, Luba, I ignorned you. Now you do the same. Thanks!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:08 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2
WoW!! I was not going to respond,since I do not know much about puppy-mills and pets sold in pet-shops,other than it's a horrific practise.
Every single one of us here would like to see an end to this cruelty,where does the rudeness and sarcasm fit in to this category???
Kissmutt,I doubt you senserity if this is the way you respond to people and I too am curious about your secrecy,we all,after all are working towards the same goal,helping animals in need.
When I am sent pm's with a nasty tone, I ignored it. I do not run to the mods. I am a big girl, I know who I am and what I stand for, and what I am doing to be pro-active in the fight against puppy mills. I have big shoulder's.

All of a sudden this is being called a "study". It is an assignment, and it is almost complete.

I have had 9 very wonderful private emails with valuable information for this assignment, from people reading this thread. I thank them very ver much, and they are being kept in the "know" of some of the reasons for this assignment.

If this is all I get from this thread, I feel I have more than accomplished what I was looking for.

All is well. Thank you pets.ca members for your help.

www.canadanopuppymills.com

p.s. if you would rather not help this assignment, because I am not divulging information, you can always donate towards the fight against puppymillls. Just click on the donate button on my website above. Fair enought?

Last edited by Kismutt; July 10th, 2005 at 06:13 PM.
Closed Thread