Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Senior Contributor

To cold . . . . as Cat With No Name demonstrates

Forecast for our area is minus 19 with a wind chill in the minus 30's today . . . . so no walking - too far - for Abby and Keeper. I might try a run later on if the wind holds off a bit.

Only "Cat With No Name,' below, which followed us to our country home more than a decade ago and suffered a sudden ear loss to the thrashing jaws of Keeper, is fit to be outside, getting drifted under . . . .

Below, the blustery but beautiful scene yesterday on our lonely country road on the prairie.

Below, the week before, Abby and Keeper spent an early morning assaulting the aptly named Windy Ridge in the Livingstone Range, west of Chain Lakes, Alberta.

Below, Keeper struggles into a heavy wind. A confluence of geographical factors makes this particular spot one of the windiest in Canada.

While Rick was woefully underdressed for the breeze, Abby and Keeper were in synchronization rubbing their faces in the snow to cool down. I think. Abby and I - leaving Keeper at home - climbed Hailstone Butte in the distance. Pictures of that are on their blog in September at www.goldentales.ca/new.htm if anyone is interested.

Below, Abby gets a big treat on the way to the county dump . . . sitting in the front passenger seat. We had too many bags to fit her in the back.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca