Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old August 23rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks Chico and aslan! I will try to find out when I work and let you guys know. I think I can even find your place Chico if it's right on Third Line. Maybe I can even talk kr into coming for a drive.

I am going to look at that crate tonight. Even if I get it it wouldn't hurt to have a spare or two around just in case. They never seem to be empty for long around here. I hope she doesn't want too much for it though aslan. Money is tight until I start getting paid again.

I asked at the Benevolent Store yesterday for any old blankets or quilts that they can't sell on the floor. They said they would donate them to me if they got any in. That would be great!!! Kitties would have warm cozies to curl up in this winter in the garage if they choose to live there. And I can use some more in the catuary.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
-

Crikey 14k, I wish you didn't live so far. I can get a crate but how do I get it to you? Are you still thinking that in the fall you will be coming to Newmarket? I can get a bunch of blankies etc. together for you. How ia momma today?
Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
~Cat Servent~

Sure I would! I'll bring ya my crate too. We all going for a swim at Chico's???

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Crikey 14k, I wish you didn't live so far. I can get a crate but how do I get it to you? Are you still thinking that in the fall you will be coming to Newmarket? I can get a bunch of blankies etc. together for you. How ia momma today?
Mmmm, we will be taking Little Momma in to get fixed in TO sometime within the next month. We could meet there but hubby isn't always the most patient. Or, I could see if kr wants to go on a road trip some day. I am ok on roads I don't know as long as I have a guide. I am sure we could find you.
I looked up your town on Mapquest. It isn't too far. Just a nice Sunday drive. I am starting a job Monday too so have to work around a schedule now!

I have gone out a few times to visit mom and babies. Momma has diarrhea. To be expected when she is going from a little cat food and lots of mice/birds/whatever she catches to just cat food. I will keep an eye on her. There are lots of growls from her for the first minute or so till she knows for sure I am not going to do anything to hurt them. Then she calms down a little.
The babies don't seem too afraid. I have touched them through the bars of the crate. They don't seem too afraid.

I really appreciate this Chris. The blankets will come in handy for the winter. The experts say to use straw for the kitties to burrow down in so I may go bug a farmer. Even if it is just for under the cat house. I used blankets last year and they did fine.

You guys are the best! I hope you all know that. 's all of you!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; August 23rd, 2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: I can not spell today!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
-

We are definately going to have to work something out. Where do you go in TO for spaying? Straw works good for insulation. I know some of the old farmhouses they will have straw stacked around foundations and such, it is a great insulant against hot and cold. Gotta figure something out
Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yep, we will. I am ok for now. I take the kitties to Brimley/Lawrence, Scarborough. It's always on a Sunday. I know I will be getting a couple of Sundays a month off of work so I will have to schedule spaying around that.
I will let you know and maybe we can meet up then.

I have a few farmers around here I can buy cheap straw from. I think it will work well for my ferals who use the garage for the winter. I will just leave a crate or two set up for them and fill them with straw. Hubby is resigned to the fact that there will always be cats around.

Next time I go to TO I would like to take more than just Little Momma. All of the house kitties need done too soon. So I can take 5 with me. I still have 2 free so will only have to pay for 3. Not bad. TT is being done at my vet here. He should be able to go in very soon.

Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
-

We'll figure something out 14k for sure. You got a J - O - B 14k :sad: I'm still looking, trouble is most of the stores want you to be available all hours, nope, nope.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
150% PRO S/N

Yep. Only applied at one store and got a phone call to come in the next day. The lady who interviewed me has 6 kitties of her own. We talked more about them than we did work. She called me the next day and told me to come in for Monday. Only part time but that's what I want. I need time for my kitties at home.

Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,it would be great if we can get you all together,Dahmer,you, Aslan and Grace+your hubby of course.
Bare in mind,I have a small house,it would be great if you could come soon,so we can be outside.
I also have a comforter and a King Size down-duvet you can have if you want+the latest kitty-house from Ikea,my cats just don't bother with it...maybe yours would.
Are you working full time??Or are you home some days???
Old August 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

Somehow I missed kr's reply in here. Sorry hon!
So now I know that kr would come along I can go anywhere!!!

I am only working part time Chico. I will have some days off. I will have to wait to see what the schedule looks like. I am not sure how far ahead they do it. Most places it's only a week in advance.
It is so nice of you to offer some blankets! Wow!! If this keeps up I will have the warmest kitties this side of the equator!! I am sure a few of the kitties will love to make use of a kitty house too!

You guys are gonna get me bawling here. I never ever meant to ask for stuff from you all. Thank you each and every one of you!!

Old August 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
~Cat Servent~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
We'll figure something out 14k for sure. You got a J - O - B 14k :sad: I'm still looking, trouble is most of the stores want you to be available all hours, nope, nope.
Tell me about it... try looking for work in a tourist town... its all shift work and minimum wage!

And 14+ we all are happy to donate things like blankets and food.... because you have the space and are doing things to help kitties that we only dream of being able to do!!! I for one love to know that what I donate is put to good use... and you certainly do put it all to very good use! I have quite a few blankets just gathering dust around here too... I'll package them up and send them over before the cold! I have a few cat beds that don't get used much too... went a little nuts buying them on sale, have about 2 each... and only a total of about 3 actually get used!

Let me know when you want to go, I'd love to meet everyone too! (And any excuse to visit cute kitties is a good one!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old August 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Dahmer,you girls,Geri,Aslan,Grace and you work it out,hubby and I are here,blissfully retired.
The only days we are not is August 29th and sept 7th.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
150% PRO S/N

Now all we have to do is to get Chris to come from her place. It would be a grand ol' time!!

Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol, september 7th is not good for us either, i will be screaming my lungs out on behemoth at wonderland. lol, i notice everyones real names are used but mine, muaaaaah.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I live too far to join in.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
150% PRO S/N

kr - you want me to be a bawling mess, don't you?
ancient - come on up! I'm sure we could find a spare bed for you. And kr has lots of extra kitty beds. She just said so.

Old August 24th, 2008, 01:11 AM
~Cat Servent~

And I hear you can fly for about $99 round trip from Florida!

Of course you're like me now... you HAVE to have in home cat sitters...

Old August 24th, 2008, 04:44 AM

What a great community of big hearted people. You all are offering so much help to 14..it warms my heart. You all are a great bunch of folks.
14 You are so sweet to continue to care for the ferals as you do. You have given so many cats a new chance at life by trapping, taming, spaying, feeding . You are a hero. Thank you for all you do for the kitties. I know it is not easy or cheap, but you do it anyway because you love the cats and care about them . thank you for caring so much.
Old August 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Hmmm...that would be a nice vacation. I've always wanted to visit Canada.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+ just spoke to the neighbour with the double crate, when i told her what it was for she gave us the deal of the century...$0.00 gotta love us loonie animal lovers, so just decide the chico date and i'll bring it with us. hmmm and 3 dogs, and grace, hmmm someone might have to sit in grace's lap.
Old August 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give your neighbour a hug for me please! I really appreciate this. Now I can keep another kitty or two safe! Dang, this is awwwweeeesssooommmmeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
F A B U L O U S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
-

You guys are all AWESOME !!! ...I wish I was back there so I could help too.
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW!!! hat's great stuff,a hug for the neighbor from me too
Whatever day you girls decide is ok with me,hubby is starting to get excited
Just give me one days warning,like to provide you girls and guys with some sort of lunch,ok!!
Friday(aug 29),I am busy,but the long weekend we are doing nothing...
Old August 24th, 2008, 07:18 PM

Location: I am from Glasgow, Scotland, but now live on the West Coast of Scotland.
Wee cuties - all of them. All look so happy and contented. Lovely pics.
Old August 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Wee cuties - all of them. All look so happy and contented. Lovely pics.
Brandykins - You better take another look at those faces!! Not too happy and contented! I had just caught the babies that day and the mom the day before! Def not happy! But they will be by next week.

Old August 24th, 2008, 07:35 PM
-

that's not anger, that's impatience, they know you're the lady with all the kitty food...