Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Woofstock 2009

Woofstock 2009

I thought I would start a thread for anyone interested in stopping by the Woofstockk festival in Toronto this June. It is on June 13, 14 in the St Lawrence Market area of Toronto.

Its a great time and many people from last year could tell ya all about it. Along with the Woofstock festival it is combined with an event called the Rescue Me Walkathon. This walkathon is a critical part of many rescues ability to continue rescuing animals in need.

There are many many rescues particpating from all types of breeds. I encourage anyone that would like to join in the walkathon to take a look at a group that they may be able to help raise some money for.

I will be walking for the German Shepherd Rescue Toronto so if anyone is interested in that group they can let me know. Shortly on the website there will be pledge forms available for people to download if they would like to participate in that. Other than that it is a great day and lots of fun. I have never seen so many doggies in my life.

Maybe a few folks could get together and come down for a visit (like those Montreal'rs!! Marko can you drive the bus this year?

Links

www.woofstock.ca
www.k9rescueme.com

Approved by Admins
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

I would love to participate since many of my rescue contacts are there. I would love to see them once again as everything is done over the wire. Please count me in...

Thanks so much.
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:40 AM

Do you know if the German Shepherd rescue is looking for volunteers? If they are, please pm me with their info.. thanks

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
Old April 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Yes we are! If you are interested you could send an email to info@gsrt.net. We can always use volunteers to help out! If you need any other info please feel free to PM Sylvie or me (Winston) and we can look into it for you. Their website is www.gsrt.net.

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old April 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I think this year we'll be checking out Woofstock with Skylar. Last year we had just got her and she was quite the handful so we didn't bother going.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old April 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awe Stacer I cant wait to meet Skylar! To see how far she has come is going to be sooo wonderful! Is she good with other doggies? cause theres an awful lot of doggies there!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

I will be there to volunteer at the GSRT booth - not sure which day though. Will need to co-ordinate with Winston and Sylvie.

Kailey will not be attending...she's doing better but would be absolutely terrified of all that chaos. I don't think she'll ever be able to handle a situation like that. I'm up in the air on bringing Chase. He loves everyone and everything....but so much he can hardly contain himself and may be a royal pain in the @$$ and not settle for me.

Winston - I will sponsor you for the walkathon. Will talk once you have more details and I see you next.
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thanks so much! and we do appreciate the help! its a busy 2 days!! I felt the same way about bringing Winston! ask Sylvie ! but he has been awesome both times! he certainly is different when he goes almost as if its a bit overwhelming to see so many people and dogs but once he was there and had a good sniff around he was great! I am hoping the pledge forms are available soon so that we have some time to get sponsers!

Youll have a blast! its a fun filled day of DOGGIES!! of all kinds...
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM
Half Way To Crazy

It was so much fun last year with alsan,grace,meg and peaches and her friend, marko and meeting you and winston and angeldog
so many dogs and people!!!!!!

I wish I could make it this year :sad: but sadly i won't be able to..:sad::sad:
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
-

I'm hoping Ethel will trundle down there with me this year. I was suppose to go last year but my friends son took ill and had to go to the clinic.

We won't be bringing any of the dogs though, the Bassets will want to smell everything and everybody, Iggy is being a bit naughty with other dogs right now and is going back to school and Cocoa is just too old for a long day, come to think of it maybe I am too
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM

I've never been, but I would love to go! If I can make it, I definitely won't be bringing Muggs. Leash aggression + thousands of dogs = BIG TROUBLE!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM

I would love to go but I live fairly far away. We don't have anything like that where I am, so it would be so much fun. I wonder if Hubby would let just me and the Puppy go, Maggie probably couldn't go because she hates going anywhere in the summer, but I think Sparks could handle it . Hmm , I will let you know .

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:52 PM
Master of the Drool!

Sounds like alot of fun!!!!! The boys would love it!!! Mybe if it is not too hot for them
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:16 PM

I've never been to it before but it has always sounded like fun.

If I do go I doubt I'll bring Boone, I think all of that would completely freak him out. Unless he gets a bit better wth his fear aggression anyways or I decide to buy him a muzzle and attempt to make it as positive as possible for him as well as get him some socialzation which is what I was told to do. So it'll probably just be Drifter.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Awe Stacer I cant wait to meet Skylar! To see how far she has come is going to be sooo wonderful! Is she good with other doggies? cause theres an awful lot of doggies there!

She's a bit leash aggressive, but she seems to get desensitized pretty quickly when there's alot going on. We figure we'll bring her down and if it's not working out we'll just go for a nice walk somewhere and visit some friends.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I think for the most part it is probably a bit overwhelming for most dogs cause there are so many doggies and so much to sniff! The great thing is if its hot they will have water bowls everywhere, along with wash down stations for doggies. Last year it was so humid that they were walking around with hoses to ensure no doggies were overheated! The set is really done well and everyone gets along!

Anyone that was there last year want to take a guess at how many doggies there were?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Were hoping to go again this year.not sure if we will take the dogs.jag has is vest so we might take him if we go.if it's to hot we will leave ginger at home in the a/c
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

bump bump
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM

Hehe I was going to Bump it today too. I found out some good news and Blah news. Hubby and I will be in Toronto just before Woofstock but I think we're heading home the day of or the Day after it starts :sad:

Anyways the good news is we will be in Toronto so if anyone wants to meet up or maybe, for those of you who are doing booths I could drop off a donation for your organization somewhere or help out somehow? Just let me know here or PM me if there is a way I could help out

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

MommaKat I will be at the German Shepherd Rescue Toronto Booth on both days so come on by! Depending on when your coming by you may be able to meet my boy Winston too! I bring him the day of the walkathon so we can raise money for the rescue! I think he enjoys it to with all the doggies and smells around! I hope some of the Montreal crew will be coming down for a visit again that would be awesome!

I tried to get Marko to drive a big a$# bus down but not sure if he is willing!

They sell lots of dog and cats stuff! I always get my clippers there and some of the stuff they sell is really neat! Its like a mini exhibition for pets!

Its a great day and lets hope the weather is good! Last year sure was a HOT one!

Hope to see you there!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Senior Contributor

We're looking forward to it. Hopefully alot of members will go and we can all meet. That would be pretty cool.

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:34 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

And for those of us too far away to attend, I hope you're all bringing cameras again this year

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Compromised account

It sounds like a blast and I will do all I can to attend. The problem is that if I am going alone, I will not be driving, and if I am not driving - I will not be bringing Sparky..He would be great, its just the travel part.

Soooo...right now, I am trying to convince hubby to drive down..LOL

Other idea would be if any MTL members wish to go, we could all pitch in and rent a bigger vehicle. More drivers - easier. We could leave Friday evening, come back Sunday evening. We could pick up people on the way, if need be (L4H??) Just throwing it out there.

Winston, how is the parking situation at the event?

Anyways, right now, I cannot commit, but hoping to be there!
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Senior Contributor

St. Lawrence Market is right down town Toronto, so you'll more than likely have to find a Green P parking lot, or if you're lucky you might be able to find some free street parking (unlikely though)

here's a link to a map of the area including pay parking lots. http://www.woofstock.ca/ini.html

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM

Sooo jealous of those of you going

I live in NS which is a bit too far to travel, but also I'm not sure how Sola and Luna would do with so many dogs on leash, they both have some leash aggression issues we are dealing with. As someone already mentioned, leash aggression and so many dogs... Not great for us unfortunately.

Have fun though!!!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." -Unknown

Mom to:
Sola: 18 month old black lab/malamute
Luna: 2 year old Siberian Husky (rescue)
Millie: 2.5 year old tabby (rescue)
Layla: ?? year old calico (rescue)

Former mom to (RIP):
Nicole: Maine Coon cat 1985-1999
Poncho: Degu
Bibi: Degu
Josette: St. Bernard, childhood pet
Old May 25th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

I will be at the GSRT Inc. booth on Sunday the 14th. Unfortunately with no dogs...it would just be too much for my two!
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old May 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Formerly known as Grover4

Oh man, I have wanted to go to this for years!!!
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Beaglemom! your not that far away! Come on down and make a weekend of it!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:12 AM
-

I checked with Ethel yesterday and her and the b/f are going, not sure which day though, weather will help with that decision.

I told them I was tagging along, that I will go my merry way when we get there, her response "why, are you going to see some of your cronies from pets" .....That's my plan
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Thats too funny Chris cause alot of us are just youngins!

Is she bring Izzy?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown