Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 15th, 2009, 07:39 AM
banned user

Found Dog for Free Grrrrrrrr

Here is an ad I found on kijiji.ca Oshawa
Golden Retriever FREE to loving home!
Price: Free Ad ID: 142277846
Visits: 176

Address: Oshawa, ON
Date Listed: 14-Jul-09

Approx. 3 years old, found on July 7th in Oshawa N. area. Very sweet, knows commands (sit, lay down) walks beside you on a leash, and does not bark at other dogs. Max seems to suffer from seperation anxiety (does not want to leave your side) We made the mistake of taking him on his 2nd day to my Dad's (strange place, smells) and when my bf was trying to get him in a different room to get him used to being alone, he growled, and bit him. He has improved since then. Likes his crate. So sweet, and loveable. Anyone willing to work with this dog? There are many trainers that specialize in seperation anxiety. I am willing to help, too. I don't want this dog to be euthanized, but we can't keep him because we are doing renovations. Please help!

It breaks my heart to know I can't find any found ads for this dog anywhere...I have sent a message to this person to help them post ads ...do whatever to find the owners..it could have come from another area who knows.
Any other suggestions.
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:45 AM

Shirley...there is a post here for a Golden retriever missing...

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=800389

It's a long shot but...
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Another Kijiji Ad in Quebec

Found one where they want to re-home their poodle of 10 years of age. Dog sleeps with them and they love him - but they are re-homing because they want a bigger dog...

Unbelieveable how people can just dispose of their pets. My feline brother was helped over the bridge on Sunday . I am constantly questioning people as to why we lost our beloved Teddy and tried so very hard to save him, and others are literally tossing animals aside without any consideration. I just don't 'get it'.
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Molly's mama

the person who placed this ad is "threatening" with euthanasia just because the dog has SA!? I can only imagine what the bf was trying to do to the poor dog in order for him to bite.
I hope this dog finds a more deserving home
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Senior Contributor

Same here Mollywog.

If you respond - list some rescues for them to contact. Also, it is very important that if they do decide to take the rescue route that they must advise the rescue of the incident and the circumstances EXACTLY what led to the bite. Honesty is the best policy.
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM
banned user

I spoke with the woman who placed the ad...the dog is now at Animal Services in Oshawa and they are suggesting he be put down because of the bite.
The woman who found him said she has contacted several rescues and they are refusing again because of the bite. She said she will take him back from Animal Services and keep him and she is letting me post him wherever I can to try and find if someone is looking for him and then will try and keep him if they are not found.

He is about three and was found in the Winchester/Ritson Road area of North Oshawa...he was not wearing a collar and he is not neutered.

She is going to try and get me a picture and I will post as soon as I have it....meanwhile I am posting on all the lost and found sites that I am too familiar with.

Any other ideas gratefully received.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I'm a softy

these people just found the dog right? it is not their pet that they are re homing or dispoasing? actually it sounds like good people that took the dog in, and when it bit, they cannot keep it..

Good luck little doggie! wish I could help find mom and dad! hang in there!
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:09 PM
banned user

Yes that is right they found the dog a week ago and Animal Services wants to put him down because of the bite...so they are willing to take him back and try to find the owner but will try to keep themselves if they can't be found.....she did try a couple of rescues but they wouldn't take him...her only other hope is to try and rehome him but wants to be honest about the bite that happened.
I will do my best posting him as a found dog for her as he isn't posted anywhere in hopes of finding his family.
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

I don't get the, we have to rehome because we're renovating. I don't remember a time when my house hasn't been being renovated. It's been ongoing for 4 yrs, qman is 3 now, hmmmmm 12 week old fuzzball running around and we still pulled it off. I really hope they can find the owner. Seems odd that the shelter wouldn't give the poor stressed dog the benefit of the doubt. And atleast do an aggression test before threatening to euthenize.