Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old March 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh chico -

Thought you'd like to see a new member of my Catuary. He came today. I think it will make you feel a bit better.

Introducing to the rest of you -

Cheshire
Name:  028 - Copy.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  111.1 KB
Name:  032 - Copy.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  74.3 KB

Oh, and he didn't come alone. I thought maybe he would settle a bit better if he had someone that he hung around with at the Bluffs. So -

Bonnie
Name:  026 - Copy.JPG
Views: 465
Size:  69.9 KB

These two are feral cats. They will allow you to get pretty close but will not allow touch - yet. Cheshire is around 8 or 9 years old. Bonnie is around 7 or 8. I am temporarily looking after them. If the SBs people manage to convince the marina to let them have a corner of the marina for a sanctuary they will be going back home. They are used to being there. For them it's home. If they don't convince them then Cheshire and Bonnie will remain here.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:16 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh yeah, to add to the excitement today - I looked over at the Catuary just before R&S left just to see this fella' sitting there.
Name:  020 - Copy.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  103.1 KB
He's been hanging around for the last month or so. I guess he figured he would take the plunge and climb the fence last night. One more to get fixed. FUN!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:22 PM
banned user

Wow! you have a heart as big as outdoors 14+. Love the picture of the one that came last night?
And the pair from the Bluffs are amazing...so glad they are with you.
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

awwww so sad looking, you can see the "beaten" look in his eyes, lets hope the marina opens a corner for them, will others from the same gang join these two if the marina ok's it?
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1011 View Post
Wow! you have a heart as big as outdoors 14+. Love the picture of the one that came last night?
And the pair from the Bluffs are amazing...so glad they are with you.
Yeah, guess I haven't said no yet. Cheshire has been coming out for quite some time. I recently asked if he had a cat he had been close to at the Bluffs as I figured he would settle better if he had someone familiar. That is how Bonnie came to be.
There will be one more coming probably next month because I had promised the older couple who had Astro and Venus I would take the calico they had also been feeding. It's a matter of getting there and getting her trapped. She has already been fixed.
As for the other one - I guess he scoped things out long enough and figured life would be better on the other side of the fence.

Old March 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

14+ Bless your heart. I have been following the story of the cats at the Bluffs feeling totally helpless and look at you stepping up and opening the catuary doors for those in need...again! Amazing and what beautiful cats too

I am amazed that more aren't breaking into your place daily...it is a kitty resort after all!!!!

All the best...

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
awwww so sad looking, you can see the "beaten" look in his eyes, lets hope the marina opens a corner for them, will others from the same gang join these two if the marina ok's it?
Beaten look? Mmmm, don't think so. He's a little unsure because he's in a new place. He's been living in a dog crate for the last month or so. I think once he gets used to being here he will be just fine. But really, he is a lot better than a lot of the ferals I have were when they first came and look at them now.
Yes, if the marina allows then some of the others will be moving back. Just the most feral. A few of the tamer ones have found permanent homes already.

Old March 27th, 2011, 02:02 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks Di! R&S told me before they left I have a movie star now. Cheshire was the cat featured in Cat City that R was trying to net to get fixed. He didn't succeed - then. He has since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
I am amazed that more aren't breaking into your place daily...it is a kitty resort after all!!!!

Old March 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh 14+ . You are truly an angel to kitties

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM
You can call me DOG!

Very similar features with Cheshire and our Bella kitty.

Bonnie looks a little sad but beautiful. Cheshire is also a striking little lad too.

14+, your stories and life experiences with all your kitties really do touch a soft spot in my heart.

You are an amazing person with so much love to share.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old March 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Awesome! There's probably some kitty grapevine out there that tells them they should go see you!

Those are gorgeous big kitties! Chesire just looks a little unsure of himself at the moment. Hopefully all will work out for them! Although they certainly couldn't do better staying with you!
Old March 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, your awesomeness is extraordinary.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old March 27th, 2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
He's been hanging around for the last month or so. I guess he figured he would take the plunge and climb the fence last night. One more to get fixed.
What a brave little man to take that leap.
Old March 27th, 2011, 03:38 PM
-

Happy to see that all went well and according to plan 14k
Old March 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww 14+,now you got me cryingsad and happy tears...I just loved that boy Cheshire from the moment I laid eyes on him.
I am glad he's with you,maybe I'll get to meet him,I sooooo wish I could take him,you have no idea
He looks smaller than the pics from the Bluffs,but maybe it's just the pic.
Is he in an enclosure with the girl-kitty or are they out with the others??

You must be running out of enclosures..
The other kitty who moved in looks like a real tom,reminds me of Tux,except this one was much smarter than Tux.
Is he friendly??
Old March 27th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Beaten look? Mmmm, don't think so. He's a little unsure because he's in a new place. He's been living in a dog crate for the last month or so. I think once he gets used to being here he will be just fine. But really, he is a lot better than a lot of the ferals I have were when they first came and look at them now.
Yes, if the marina allows then some of the others will be moving back. Just the most feral. A few of the tamer ones have found permanent homes already.
thats what I mean, beaten like...ummm his home was lost...wondering..you know?? they have no idea they were "rescued" from coyotes and weird people, only that everything is strange...
Old March 27th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

You are amazing 14+.i would hate to see what would happen to most of these cats if you didn't do what you do or how big the cat population would be if not for your spay/nuturing.

The 2 from the marina are good looking but do look confused and scared.the other one is a handsome cat.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh 14+ I just wanna give u a big squish!!! You are amazing woman and the love u have for kitties in need is wonderful!!

What marina might be taking the bluff kitties? Cheshire and Bonnie are beautiful! And the new kitty that climbed over the fence is adorable too!! Didn't u just tell me last night that u thought you'd have a visitor soon...guess he heard ya! LOL

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:53 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks folks! I am ecstatic! I'm so happy I was able to do a tiny bit to help out. They have so many more to still find spots for. The likelihood of getting an area for a sanctuary at the marina is small. But you all know me well enough to know they are very safe with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Happy to see that all went well and according to plan 14k
It did! I am so sorry you can't come in to reply right now but you can read it without signing in. You know where to reach me - and L4 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Awww 14+,now you got me cryingsad and happy tears...I just loved that boy Cheshire from the moment I laid eyes on him.
I am glad he's with you,maybe I'll get to meet him,I sooooo wish I could take him,you have no idea
He looks smaller than the pics from the Bluffs,but maybe it's just the pic.
Is he in an enclosure with the girl-kitty or are they out with the others??

You must be running out of enclosures..
The other kitty who moved in looks like a real tom,reminds me of Tux,except this one was much smarter than Tux.
Is he friendly??
You know where I am mf. I figured that would work as a good lure to get you here again. I'm ok for enclosures. I just moved one here, another one there ........ They are in the enclosure Stormy had. I moved her back to the one beside it. She is quite happy and content in there. She has a high shelf back again.
As for the other - definitely an unfixed male. The smell!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldogs View Post
You are amazing 14+.i would hate to see what would happen to most of these cats if you didn't do what you do or how big the cat population would be if not for your spay/nuturing.

The 2 from the marina are good looking but do look confused and scared.the other one is a handsome cat.
Thanks angel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Oh 14+ I just wanna give u a big squish!!! You are amazing woman and the love u have for kitties in need is wonderful!!

What marina might be taking the bluff kitties? Cheshire and Bonnie are beautiful! And the new kitty that climbed over the fence is adorable too!! Didn't u just tell me last night that u thought you'd have a visitor soon...guess he heard ya! LOL
Aww TQ, thank you!
These two are from the Scarborough Bluffs. Chris had started a thread in here a long time ago about a person leading the coyotes to them. Three of them were caught and eaten before they got the majority out. There is a marina right where the cats spent the majority of their time. That is who they are asking to build a small sanctuary right at that spot. They aren't too hopeful.
And yep. I must have had a feeling. But that is not the one I was talking about! I thought he had moved on. There is another huge tabby boy hanging around and a grey one occasionally shows up too. It was the tabby I thought would end up inside the Catuary. Oh well, back to work..............

Old March 28th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Live well, laugh often

Awww, they are both beauties .

14+, you never cease to amaze me .
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:19 AM
~Cat Servent~

Aw mf...I can't wait to meet the newbies!!! And ya no surprise the kitties who happen upon your catuary opt to join in!!! That is one smart kitty there!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Senior Contributor

14+K..so sorry I am late in acknowledging your thread.
Well dear friend, what can I say that has not already been said. You are the kindest, sweetest person I know. You amaze me 14+K!
You are truly an angel.
X 1,000,000,000
Old March 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ again, but not unexpectedly, you amaze us all. Well that's not true, we know you're amazing, but you know... How wonderful for the kitties that you were able to get them in. They just won the lotto of kitty life. They are very nice looking kitties considering the life they've had. The last fellow has a look like "What??? What??? So I'm here already!" You knew he was going to come in eventually didn't you?? He's too sweet looking, and will look better after a snip in the right spot. Bless your ever lovin' heart my friend, you are the most amazing, wonderful human I know.
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

14+ I'd like to send as many good vibes your way as this post will allow.
The work you do is simply unbelievable and your heart is super-huge.
Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing them when we come down this year 14k
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
150% PRO S/N

Awww you guys. (kicking ground bashfully) You make me with your kind words. Anyone could do it though. Just not many would be crazy enough to try.
They seem like they are settling in nicely. The little house was well used last night. Food eaten, litter box used too. And - I even had a few quick pets with Bonnie this morning!!
Krazy4Kittens - stick around. You'll find out soon.
Oh, and Sara - looking forward to it. You don't know how much!!

Old March 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I'll be over there as soon as it gets a little warmer,I cannot wait to see them all,especially beautiful Cheshire and little Heidi,hubs threatened to come along,to make sure I don't bring a cat home.
Do you know if Cheshire was born feral???
Old March 28th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Compromised account

14+... you are true to being - a kitty angel. I am proud to have my beautiful girl named after such an amazing person!
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

Not everbody could do it. It takes somebody with a special heart and passion to do what you and others on this board do for the and .
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Your an ANGEL for helping those kitties.