Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 10th, 2020, 09:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hunter joins the Pack!

Hunter came home today. He's an OESR (Our English Setter Rescue) dog. Lili was a little shy at first, but she warmed up quickly once she realized she finally had a canine friend who was up to the task of running, chasing, playing, and rolling in the snow with her. And that's when the games started.

First the general greetings, Hunter sniffing Grace, Lili sniffing Hunter:

Name:  General greetings 2-10-20.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  126.5 KB

Then the fun:

Name:  Chase! 2-10-20 B.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  Dancing in the side yard 2-10-20 B.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  107.4 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 10th, 2020, 09:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Here comes Lili, Hunter! Run the other way!

Name:  Here comes Lili!  Run the other way! 2-10-20.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  115.3 KB

Hunter on a break, looking handsome in the snow:

Name:  Hunter 2-10-20.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  88.0 KB

Break over...

Name:  Chase! 2-10-20 C.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  85.2 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 10th, 2020, 09:51 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Most of the time, Lili chases Hunter, but once in a while, Hunter chases Lili. She's fast, though, and he can't catch her, so the whole time, he's making these little high-pitched yips out of frustration!

Just one more pic tonight. Hunter is coming around the corner of the fence, and if you look closely, you can see Lili right on his tail...almost literally!

Name:  Coming around the corner! 2-10-20.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  117.6 KB

Old February 10th, 2020, 10:16 PM

Ah Hunter is a handsome boy So glad the introductions went well & everyone hit it off

That last pic is so funny Lili looks like she's trying to grab his tail

What's this boy's story?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 11th, 2020, 08:39 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

His Dad hurt his back and couldn't keep up with him in the field. He wanted Hunter in a place where he would be an indoor dog, and have a place to run and point and chase and play, and we fit the bill. He and Lili will do their training together, when they're not chasing each other around the yard!

Grace loves him. He's mature enough to not bug her, and young enough (he was a June 2018 baby) to play with Lili, which keeps Lili from bugging Grace, too. So it's a win-win there.

He's met both cats now, and did well. Dusty bats at him from her kennel. Hunter backs away from JD's cattitude.

Our only problem--Hunter will not eat!! We're chalking it up to just a lot of changes in a short time (he was surrendered to the rescue, fostered for two week, then shuffled off to Wisconsin... He's probably still missing his original owner and household.

Old February 11th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

what an awesome bunch HRP - so cool to see all the interactions!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old February 11th, 2020, 06:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Here's another one that made me smile. I call it "Lap 102 of the Hazel Run 500", because they ran laps all of yesterday afternoon and most of the day today--has to be at least 500 laps!

Name:  Lap 102 of the Hazel Run 500 2-10-20.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  97.7 KB

Old February 11th, 2020, 10:18 PM

Sounds like the perfect match, from household & lifestyle to dogs to cats

Maybe Hunter needs an incentive to eat like banana coins or meatballs to kick start the desire to eat.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 12th, 2020, 08:58 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

He finally remembered he was hungry at about noon yesterday, and ate supper well, too, but only picked at his breakfast. He may just be a self-stopper since we don't know how much food to give him--there was a mix-up and he came with the puppy chow that was supposed to go with the puppy transport. At any rate, he's at least eating now--and we're going to pick up a little plain yogurt for him. Our dogs have always gone bonkers for yogurt.

Hunter is a dream boy. Lili is being a pest, though. She's currently getting strict tutelage on "No Playing in the House".

Old February 12th, 2020, 01:57 PM

It sure appears Hazel as if Hunter will be a great addition to the family. It should help to take some of the play time pressure off Gracie.

Great photos, but the only problem I find with them is that it leaves me wishing I was there to participate in the fun and games in the yard.

How is Hunter making out with JD and Dusty?
Old February 12th, 2020, 06:03 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
Great photos, but the only problem I find with them is that it leaves me wishing I was there to participate in the fun and games in the yard.
We can always use extra supervisors, so come on down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg View Post
How is Hunter making out with JD and Dusty?
Hunter is a real gentleman. Something about JD's cattitude gets him to back up, even though JD isn't signaling anything that I (as a mere human) can recognize. Hunter goes up to Dusty when she's in her upstairs kennel and they sniff each other through the bars--and then Dusty reaches out and pats him gently.

I guess at his foster place (which was only for a couple of weeks), the resident cat came up to Hunter and batted him across the nose. That was all it took for Hunter to form a healthy respect for these fierce little hoodlums!

Old February 13th, 2020, 10:32 PM

I am glad to hear that Hunter is a real gentleman. It's amazing how much respect can be gathered from a bat on its snout, and I hope it's lasting to the point that JD and Dusty won't have to tune him in again.

Quote:
We can always use extra supervisors, so come on down!
It would be nice to have the opportunity to play supervisor. I have often thought about taking the tour around Lake Superior, and if and when we did I would drop you a line and see if it's feasible
Old February 14th, 2020, 11:34 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

It's a date!

Old February 14th, 2020, 12:50 PM

Omg he is so cute!

~Nicki

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; February 14th, 2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: no promo