Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old March 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM

Wink Hi

My name is reenee. I have a 12yr old Jack Russell Wire Hair Terrier mix named Joey who has just recently developed a problem with his hind leg called a patella luxation. I also have several cats which Joey gets along with the exception of one.... but someone has to keep the house in order. I also have one kissing fish whos partner died shortly after we got it about 10 years ago. We tried getting it a new partners but she kissed them all to death. She's perfectly happy kissing the plecostamus.
I'm hoping to get some info to help Joey with his problem as I really don't like the idea of surgery as my Vet said that it is not guaranteed and could result in complications.
Old March 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the board, Reenee! Sorry to hear that Joey is having joint troubles. If you start a thread about it, I'm sure you'll get some good advice

Meanwhile, though, we will absolutely require pics...not just of Joey, but also of the kitties and the amazing pleco-kisser.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:45 AM

Hi Reenee and welcome!
I am also very sad to hear about your dogs situation. Hurry and start a thread, you will get answers!

And yes, we need pictures. Especially of that fish, I've never heard of one! I should google it...
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM

I currently do not have any pictures of my babies on the computer mainly because I don't have that kind of camera. I still have the old school take it to the photo mart to have it developed but I'll see what I can do with my cell phone...
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:27 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Do you have a scanner? I still take the occasional photo with the old manual 35mm and scan in the prints when they come back from processing. Another option is to order a photo CD when you get your prints

Nope...no excuses allowed

Hope you figure it out soon!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 26th, 2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenee View Post
My name is reenee. I have a 12yr old Jack Russell Wire Hair Terrier mix named Joey who has just recently developed a problem with his hind leg called a patella luxation. I also have several cats which Joey gets along with the exception of one.... but someone has to keep the house in order. I also have one kissing fish whos partner died shortly after we got it about 10 years ago. We tried getting it a new partners but she kissed them all to death. She's perfectly happy kissing the plecostamus.
I'm hoping to get some info to help Joey with his problem as I really don't like the idea of surgery as my Vet said that it is not guaranteed and could result in complications.

Hello Reenee and welcome!

Our Pom also has a patella luxation too. Sadly she was born like that.

Kissing fish??? um err can we get some piccies... hehe!

anyway welcome to the forum and i'm sure you will have a great time the people are BRILLIANT here! i'm new too and already feel like i'm a part of a family!

Chloe 6mth Sable GSD
Sacia 2yo Black GSD
Zorro 6wk Black GSD
Levi 6 month old Ragdoll

Addopted mum to:
Pipa 6 yo Pom,
Sash 5 yo Birman
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi there *waving*

Welcome to the forum!

I had trouble with those scale sucking fish too. They just kept sucking the scales off the other fish, so we had to separate them. LOL

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)